Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

JuffoWup posted:

So in other words, just drown yourself and get in another tank hoping not to roll the map again. Gotcha.

Pretty much. Some nights the map rotation is just too loving awful to stomach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy
New kill record, maybe I am not terrible. Or I still am.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I forgot to screenshot it, but first game in my Bulldog which only had the engine and radio upgrades ended up with 2k damage and 1377 base xp.

That damage was boosted slightly because first action of the battle was my solo Bulldog running into the solo enemy Bulldog on top of the north hill (Fjords) where with just two shots I catastrophically ammo racked him so hard the turret flew over my hull and landed on the other side, and later on I set on fire a Black Prince who didn't have an extinguisher.

Pretty fast thing though. Not looking forward to that fragile ammo rack but.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Ensign Expendable posted:

That's how all Russians sound in real life.

He said "in a can," not "in a bottle." :v:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

BIG HEADLINE posted:

He said "in a can," not "in a bottle." :v:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Strobe posted:

A T6 Tiger with the historical 88 and engine would be really cool, actually. I'd drive one.

Play the VK36, dude.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
You guys..

I love my Lowe.

It's like...I can't lose when I'm driving it. I don't know wtf. I've been getting my rear end handed to me for a week in every other tank, but when I fire up the Lowe it's an instant win.

It's certainly not me. I'm an absolute rear end. But the Lowe has been amazing.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

8 heavies travelling east run into 5 heavies travelling west on the Arctic Region south road.

At the end of the exchange 0 heavies are travelling east, and 4 are travelling west.

[edit] Followed by a tier 10 game on fjords where my 50 100 was the only tank true north, and the only tank between them and our artillery, them being the 121, 121, Obj. 140, IS-7, T-54, T69 and LTTB that all blind ran into me in one coordinated blob. Our D25t armed WZ-111 1-4 and afk E3 were unable to stem the flow., the middle tanks far too involved in gangpiling a Lowe to take any shots at their sides on the way through.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jan 3, 2015

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That sounds like a math problem.

8 east + 5 west = 0 east + 4 west.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

There are too many tanks and tds in this game, and they all have stupid letters and numbers as names making it impossible to keep them apart. Especially bad when models show up from different countries with different properties. How the hell does anyone manage to keep track of all that? Forget trying to remember weakspots or guns and armor values or even telling if a tank has one gun instead of another unless it's something obvious with an old model like the KV2 with a derp or long gun.

I did a tier 8-10(?) round on Ruinberg in my Tiger 2 and I decided to go with the mediums to the small building cluster in the east since trying to pen anything in the city with the stock gun is a little frustrating. My contribution was, possibly, what helped push the odds in our favor and when the smoke cleared there was me and a medium and one enemy td left. The td was hiding behind a building so I couldn't see what it was but the info below the red symbol told me it was a tier 9 with a name that meant dick all to me (couldn't even tell the nationality of the drat thing). As I cautiously approached to circle around the house to flank it while the medium was doing peekaboo front to front fighting I noticed it was driving forward and backwards so confidentially I drove around the corner to track and kill it. Of course as everyone has already realized it turned out to have a turret and I died before I had time to even react. :sigh:

TLDR: Clicking red tanks is hard. :saddowns:

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

You'll catch on. It took a while but even I know the tanks, and I don't give a poo poo about irl tanks and have a lovely memory. Same for maps, just try to remember what tanks / armour / guns / map positions hosed you and you'll do better every time.

E: also look tanks up every now and then. Armour viewer, the wiki, that sort of thing.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Victory!
Murovanka
Aufklärungspanzer Panther
Experience received:5,840 ( x5) 30,951
Battle achievements Mastery Badge: "II Class"

Repairs: -8 025
Ammunition: -4 650
Total: 18 276 WN8: 6 713 (100)

Sometimes the utter mouthbreathing fuckstains don't give you any choice but to carry, no matter what you're driving. 6 of them still sitting there stalled by a lone Tiger II while 4 tanks roll into the cap area a couple hundred meters behind them. Minimap awareness, an underutilised skill.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Poil posted:

There are too many tanks and tds in this game, and they all have stupid letters and numbers as names making it impossible to keep them apart. Especially bad when models show up from different countries with different properties. How the hell does anyone manage to keep track of all that? Forget trying to remember weakspots or guns and armor values or even telling if a tank has one gun instead of another unless it's something obvious with an old model like the KV2 with a derp or long gun.

I did a tier 8-10(?) round on Ruinberg in my Tiger 2 and I decided to go with the mediums to the small building cluster in the east since trying to pen anything in the city with the stock gun is a little frustrating. My contribution was, possibly, what helped push the odds in our favor and when the smoke cleared there was me and a medium and one enemy td left. The td was hiding behind a building so I couldn't see what it was but the info below the red symbol told me it was a tier 9 with a name that meant dick all to me (couldn't even tell the nationality of the drat thing). As I cautiously approached to circle around the house to flank it while the medium was doing peekaboo front to front fighting I noticed it was driving forward and backwards so confidentially I drove around the corner to track and kill it. Of course as everyone has already realized it turned out to have a turret and I died before I had time to even react. :sigh:

This is why going up to T10 ASAP is a bad idea

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

What are Tanks' player numbers looking like? I'm assuming they're down from whatever they peaked at, but by how much? Are new registrations still happening in significant numbers? What about War Thunder?

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Descar posted:

yeah, one of the biggest problems in the game is that new players think low tiers are obstacles to be raced through instead of "how to play tanks" lessons

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Jack_tripper posted:

yeah, one of the biggest problems in the game is that new players think low tiers are obstacles to be raced through instead of "how to play tanks" lessons

It's hardy helped by the Refer a friend program catapulting them through at 3 times the speed.

Poil posted:

Just playing more helps, both fighting them and going up new lines to play them - you end up with a pool of tanks data sloshing behind your eyes at all times. Although admittedly just a few days days ago I raced into a close encounter with a WZ-121 in a T9 med because I was thinking "Oh, a T-21, that's a easy kill" :saddowns:

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Darkrenown posted:

Just playing more helps, both fighting them and going up new lines to play them - you end up with a pool of tanks data sloshing behind your eyes at all times. Although admittedly just a few days days ago I raced into a close encounter with a WZ-121 in a T9 med because I was thinking "Oh, a T-21, that's a easy kill" :saddowns:

Soooo many VK's, WZ's, Obj's, and FV's, but I am fine with the rest at least.

Descar posted:

Some lower tier tanks are also, you know, fun to play. I had a 7 kill T40 game last week. The Tier 3 Brit cruisers are great. Also, MS-1 4 lyfe.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
So any one else besides me playing Blitz on the euro server?

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

KurdtLives posted:

Soooo many VK's, WZ's, Obj's, and FV's, but I am fine with the rest at least.

Some lower tier tanks are also, you know, fun to play. I had a 7 kill T40 game last week. The Tier 3 Brit cruisers are great. Also, MS-1 4 lyfe.

The VK's are the worst to me. Although to be honest, I've never had trouble fighting a VK below 45, so for me it gets categorized into 20-30 = poo poo, 45+ = not poo poo.

Still, I once was in a battle that had literally every single VK 3X.XX tank, and I could not tell you the difference between them.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I mostly know all the tanks apart from playing them myself, or just from the years of playing in general. It comes to you. As for a t9 turreted td with a funny name, I'm going to guess the wz pz4. Nasty little bugger that can carry either the jt's 128 or the e100's 150. Though generally people use the 128 on it.

NTRabbit posted:

Victory!
Murovanka
Aufklärungspanzer Panther
Experience received:5,840 ( x5) 30,951
Battle achievements Mastery Badge: "II Class"

Repairs: -8 025
Ammunition: -4 650
Total: 18 276 WN8: 6 713 (100)

Sometimes the utter mouthbreathing fuckstains don't give you any choice but to carry, no matter what you're driving. 6 of them still sitting there stalled by a lone Tiger II while 4 tanks roll into the cap area a couple hundred meters behind them. Minimap awareness, an underutilised skill.

The best part is knowing that wargaming even blessed them with the specific information on who is where on the minimap just this patch. I love the games where someone points out too many people went one way and not enough in another. But the person noticing this doesn't shift to the other position even though they are in a medium or fast heavy.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
E-75 is quite literally the best Tier 9. I would even pick it over a few T10s.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1489639#windstorm-camador-e_75

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Rorac posted:

The VK's are the worst to me. Although to be honest, I've never had trouble fighting a VK below 45, so for me it gets categorized into 20-30 = poo poo, 45+ = not poo poo.

Still, I once was in a battle that had literally every single VK 3X.XX tank, and I could not tell you the difference between them.

Back when the t9 is-4 was literally unkillable by 5/6 of the tanks it saw in any match and scrubs playing the marder would regularly get 6 kills per game without leaving cap, the vk3601 was still the most overpowered tank in the game by a huge margin

Smesh
May 16, 2004
Slightly Sexeh.
I fell for the marketing hype and bought an E25. I'm having a lot of fun it though, so I don't care.

What skills should I train up on my crew? Unfortunately the skills link in the OP requires archives. I put vents, rammer and optics on if that makes a difference.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Saint Celestine posted:

E-75 is quite literally the best Tier 9. I would even pick it over a few T10s.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1489639#windstorm-camador-e_75

gold ammo nob

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
FFS - took the FV 215b out for a spin: Roomba shot me in the front for over 400 damage with HE :(

E: Speaking of HE:

:stare:

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 3, 2015

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Poil posted:

Easiest way to learn weakspots and ammo locations is by installing a hit zone skin. You will learn without even trying...

Edit: The OMC modpack has a addon that colors dings and penetrations on your own tank. Its basically required to understand why you just died.

Nektu fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 3, 2015

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

PirateBob posted:

gold ammo nob

The funny thing is I was shooting everybody but him with gold that round.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Poil posted:

I'm the biggest tank sperg I know, and even I couldn't tell you the weak spots and gun loadouts of every napkin doodle WG stuffed into this game. It's all about heuristics and experience. Don't memorize the numbers, remember whether or not a certain vehicle is a threat to a given tier. Use hitzone skins or aim at obvious weak spots (hatches, cupolas, etc).

Edit: speaking of tank sperging:

M2

The M2 Light Tank was brought into life in 1935, at the Rock Island Arsenal as an infantry support tank. At first, the M2 was equipped with two machinegun turrets installed in parallel. After analysis of the Spanish Civil War experience, the tank received one large turret with a cannon instead. The modification with a 37 mm gun was indexed M2A4.

The M2's armour was up to 25 mm thick and was equipped with a 7-cylinder gasoline engine. Over the production run, the design of the suspension, transmission, and cooling system improved. Mass production ran between 1940 and 1942, and 375 vehicles were produced.

Despite the fact that the M2 was used exclusively as a training vehicle at the time, the British government ordered 100 units. Only 36 were delivered, since production lines were already converted to the M3 Stuart.

By the Spring of 1942, all British M2s were lost in Burma.

Stuart

The Stuart, or Light Tank, M3, was delivered to Britain and other allies of the United States. The armour of the Stuart was up to 2 inches or 51 mm thick and was comparable with the armour of British cruiser tanks. In Britain, the M3A1 with a gasoline engine received the index Stuart III, while the same tank with a diesel motor was indexed Stuart IV. These tanks were armed with a 37 mm M5 gun, which was superior to the British 2-pdr, and five (later three) 7.62 mm machineguns.

The mobile Stuarts, with speeds up to 58 kph, were used by Britain and the Commonwealth as reconnaissance tanks. British crews in Stuarts were often the first to enter battle.

In the desert of North Africa in the fall of 1941 (Operation Crusader), Stuarts carried white stripes for easy identifications. By the end of the war, Stuarts without turrets were used as ammunition carriers in Europe.

Grant

In June of 1940, a commission arrived in the United States, whose goal was to organize production of vehicles for the British armed forces. One of the vehicles that was of interest to the British was the M3 Lee.

A portion of purchased tanks was modernized to meet British requirements. They received new turrets, without cupolas or machineguns. As a result, the height of the tank decreased. This modification was indexed Grant I.

The Grants first went into battle in May of 1942, at Gazala, in Africa. Despite the German-Italian victory, the appearance of the Grant was a nasty surprise. The Grant surpassed all British tanks that Rommel had to deal with so far. Its armour was no worse than that of best German tanks at the time, and armament was even better. The Grant made up the main British striking force all the way until the battle at El Alamein, at which point it was largely swapped out for the Sherman.

Remaining Grants were converted to M7 Priest SPGs, engineering vehicles, and spotlight carriers. In this capacity, they served until the end of the war. A small amount of Grants was sent to Burma, where they fought until the end of the war due to the weakness of Japanese anti-tank measures.

Sherman III

The Sherman III was a modification of the famous American M4A2 Sherman tank. The tank was equipped with a pair of six cylinder diesel engines, with the combined power of 375 hp. The Sherman III was often called simply "Sherman, diesel" for simplicity. The crew was composed of 5 men. The hull was welded. Externally, the tank could be identified by engine service hatches, rear deck shape, and exhaust system.

The main armament of the Sherman III was the 75 mm M3 gun. The standard ammunition loadout contained HE, AP, and smoke shells with white phosphorous. The Sherman was also armed with 7.62 and 12.7 mm machineguns.

By the end of the African campaign, a cast transmission cover and a vertical volute spring suspension were introduced. Vision slits were also replaced with periscopes.

Archer

After Tigers, Panthers and modernized PzIVs appeared on the battlefield, the British found themselves in need of a weapon that could defeat these well protected targets. The answer was a powerful gun installed on a Valentine chassis, called Archer.

Since the QF-17 gun had a very long barrel, an attempt to install it in the traditional way made the vehicle very large, and overloaded the front road wheels. The gun was placed backwards in an open casemate. This meant that the tank had to drive into battle backwards, and maneuvering on the battlefield was difficult.

Due to the crampedness of the fighting compartment, the breech recoiled right over the driver's head. He had to leave the vehicle before shooting started, which did not let the SPG change positions quickly after firing. However, the powerful gun that could take on any German tank from nearly any range made up for this drawback.

800 vehicles were ordered, and between 655 and 665 were built before the end of the war. Archers first entered battle in October of 1944, and were widely used on the Western Front and in Italy.

Read more about the Archer here.

Sherman Firefly

The Sherman Firefly owes its creation to two British officers: George Brighty and George Witheridge. The first came up with the idea of using the British 17-pounder gun in the Sherman, and the second put in the effort to bring the hybrid to life.

The idea of the Sherman's modernization was bold: a medium tank with a powerful anti-tank gun. The problem with space was solved by removing one crew member. He was replaced with additional ammunition.

These Shermans proved themselves when fighting in Normandy in 1944. Here is where they go the nickname Firefly, due to the flash caused by firing the gun.

The upgraded gun allowed these tanks to fight enemy heavy tanks. Even the recognizable silhouette of the Firefly was enough to cause alarm. The Germans hunted the Fireflies relentlessly, leading to the British camouflaging their tanks, including fake barrels for regular Shermans.

Aside from British and Canadian armies, Libya and Pakistan used these tanks until 1974.

Achilles

The Achilles tank destroyer was based on the M10. The major difference between the two vehicles was that the Achilles used the 17-pounder, a much more dangerous weapon. The British gun surpassed the American gun in penetration by 50%.

Due to typical wartimes supply problems, there were only 124 Achilles among Allied forces that landed in Normandy in 1944. By the end of the year, there were 816 of them. In total, about 1100 vehicles were converted to use this gun, making it the second most popular vehicle with the 17-pounder (after the Sherman Firefly).

The British envisioned the Achilles as a highly mobile anti-tank gun, which compensated for some drawbacks of the design. While tractors with towed guns slowly came up the rear, Achilles could already be in position, ready to meet a Tiger or Panther counterattack.

The most successful battle in the history of the Achilles was during Operation Charnwood, where B company of the 245th Battery of the 62nd Anti-Tank Regiment. The company knocked out 13 German tanks, losing only 4 of their own.

Challenger/Avenger

During WWII, Britain found themselves in need of an effective tank destroyer. In 1942, as a part of the A30 project, the development of the Challenger cruiser tank and the Avenger open topped tank destroyer began.

In order to achieve its combat mission, the vehicle needed the most powerful gun available at the time, the 76 mm 17 pdr Ordnance QF. It was installed in a turret based on the TOG II design. The hull was borrowed from the Cromwell, with minimal changes. The vehicle received a new Rolls Royce Meteor engine, allowing it to accelerate to 52 kph. After trials, it was found that the suspension needs work. The chassis was lengthened like in the A34 Comet, and the tracks were widened.

Mass production of these new vehicles started in 1944. The main role of the Avenger was support of attacking tanks. By 1946, 200 Challengers and about 250 Avengers were built.

Charioteer

After the end of WWII, the British discovered that their tanks are inadequate against Soviet armoured vehicles. Great hope was laid upon the Centurion, but its production was just beginning. An intermediate model was needed, simple in production and with sufficient firepower.

The FV4101 Charioteer was this kind of vehicle. It consisted of the Cromwell tank armed with a new turret and a 20-pounder (84 mm) gun. Due to the gun's large size and weight, the turret could only fit two crewmen (the commander was also the loader), and its armour fairly thin. According to various sources, 200 to 442 Cromwells were converted.

Charioteers were used by the British until 1956, when production of more modern vehicles ramped up, at which point they were sold abroad.

In March of 1978, during Operation Litani, Lebanese Charioteers fought against the Israeli forces. After that, they were periodically used be various factions fighting in Lebanon and Palestine. The last documented use in combat was as recently as 1993.

FV4004 Conway

WWII ended, giving way to the Cold War. The creation of the IS-3 by the Soviet Union required a response by Western nations. This is how the FV (Fighting Vehicle) 4004 Conway SPG came to be.

The intention was to combine the mobility of the Centurion A41 medium tank and the firepower of a 120 mm gun. The size of the gun required the use of a large turret, twice as tall as the existing one. The SPG was significantly taller, but the armour was on the same level as the Centurion.

Compared to its base tank, the Conway was not only taller, but heavier (over 50 tons). The 120 mm gun would have allowed it to destroy vehicles of the potential enemy from a great distance. At the same time, the Centurion's mobility was negated. The SPG could not reach a speed of 35 kph even on a highway.

This drawback, combined with the difficulty of producing 120 mm guns, was the end of the program. Trials of a prototype were held for a few months in 1951, and then the project was cancelled.

FV4005 Stage 2

The FV4005 project was developed during the Cold War as a means of destroying heavily armoured enemy vehicles.

As with the Conway, the tank was based on the Centurion chassis. The vehicle had a powerful 183 mm gun, which could destroy any tank produced in the 1950s. There was not a turret as such. At first, the prototype had the gun, its mount, and a loading mechanism on a rotating platform. The protection of this SPG was not significant.

A turret with thin armour was made. It was placed in the middle of the hull, holding the ammunition and a part of the crew. The rear had a rectangular hatch. The engine was in the rear, same as on the Centurion.

The new tank destroyer was superior to the Conway in terms of firepower, turret size, and weight, which reached 60 tons. It's not surprising that the Rolls Royce Meteor engine provided a maximum speed of only 29 kph. The tank destroyer's range was approximately 250 miles.

Ensign Expendable fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 3, 2015

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Dear WGNA. If you want me to take a break from the game, just say it! Don't use convoluted bullshit mechanics to tell me, give it to me straight!

Helped our JPE-100 kill the enemy T-57, then a waffle clipped me, ignoring the 500-hp JPE. At least our team had better players and it was a win!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
After a series of loss in a row, partially due to my inability to dish out any kind of damage, I decided to take my arty out for a match, hoping for better results.

3 kills, 5 158 dmg later, match turns out to be a draw. Our last TD was just about to shoot their last player, a french arty that was staying very still for the killing shot. Oh why couldn't the match have lasted just a few seconds longer. :negative:

Edit: Its fun being referred to as sky cancer.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 3, 2015

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Dalael posted:

After a series of loss in a row, partially due to my inability to dish out any kind of damage, I decided to take my arty out for a match, hoping for better results.

3 kills, 5 158 dmg later, match turns out to be a draw. Our last TD was just about to shoot their last player, a french arty that was staying very still for the killing shot. Oh why couldn't the match have lasted just a few seconds longer. :negative:

Edit: Its fun being referred to as sky cancer.

It is a wonderful feeling to be called that. Especially when you are in an arty that many people thing is terrible (bat 155 58). I have collected two ace badges in it though. Last one had me doing nearly 6k damage.

Edit:
Yeah, about the lowe being squishy:

Victory
Lakeville
Löwe
Experience received:5,309 (x5 for the first victory each day) Credits received 70,534
Battle achievements Steel Wall, Mastery Badge: "III Class"

Repairs: -5 719
Ammunition: -10 300
Total: 54 515 WN8: 2 521 (90)

:getin:

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 3, 2015

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

JuffoWup posted:

It is a wonderful feeling to be called that. Especially when you are in an arty that many people thing is terrible (bat 155 58). I have collected two ace badges in it though. Last one had me doing nearly 6k damage.

What is your opinion on the bat 155 58? I've heard people say its awful, while others swear its the best thing since the wheel. How does it compare in terms of accuracy, damage and reload time versus regular artillery?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Sky helper :mil101:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Thanks for your support and tips guys, I appreciate it. :)

Here's my stats so you can laugh at them. http://worldoftanks.com/community/accounts/1000106170-LordDrool/
They're bad, and a bit incorrect since they list 771 battles in the KV-1 even though I've never played it (it's from derping around before the split). My least bad thing is probably my hit ratio.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

NTRabbit posted:

Sky helper :mil101:

Thank you. At least someone has some sense in this thread.

Juffo loves his 155 58, and there's no denying it can be good. But why gently caress around with 1250 damage shots (at best) when you can go whole hog one shots in a 261, GWE-100, or a 53/55 (the CGC really lost its luster with me.) Plus, with that autoloader on the 155 58 you might miss!

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Dalael posted:

What is your opinion on the bat 155 58? I've heard people say its awful, while others swear its the best thing since the wheel. How does it compare in terms of accuracy, damage and reload time versus regular artillery?

I enjoy it personally, most people don't. I get a feeling the only ones that do well in it are advanced artillery players. It has the same/similar gun to the m12 if that gets you an idea. Accuracy isn't much better either. The 261 might be a smidge more accurate, but I hate the arc on it. The 261 feels like more like a golfer. You just line drive all your shots and hope the shell doesn't go too high or low. On the other hand, the 155 58's lower potential damage per shell bothers people. It does have a 4 round autoloader, but it'll take you 73 secs with food to load a clip. Also, it is a bat chat, so mobility is very nice. I've used it to my advantage a few times to run away before the lights from a busted flank make it to the cap. They just drive around there aimlessly wondering where I went while a couple of my teammates walk back to shore that side (to which I suddenly provide cover fire).

Still, I can see how it takes a larger skillset to play it well.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

OMC ModPack is updated again with a couple of new mods. There's a Tank Experience one that tells you on the stats sheet in the garage how much XP is needed to research the next vehicle and to elite the current one, along with battle estimates for each. Another mod gives extended tank details on the mouse-over tooltips, but I think this one conflicts with the carousel mod (which I can't do without, so this new one had to go.) POGS OTMs are finally back in, and there's one that automatically makes you say "gold shell" after every time you fire. :smug: Not really, but you know I'd use it if it existed.

Squiddite posted:

I love the feeling when you're busy holding up your flank, things are going okay, and then you can see the pubbies start deliberately throwing the game.

http://www.vbaddict.net/battlereport/squiddite-na-9ae78eceb9dd6f684dd3cf520611adad/westfield-germany-e-100-36807523254557838

:suicide:

I made FunkyJ show this replay last night on his stream, so now the whole world got to see you fail. In all seriousness, that was a tough match, and a terrible loss, but I think at the end you should've angled your turret against that 704 (I'm guessing that's how he penned you.) You probably could've won after bouncing his shot.

RandomPauI posted:

That sounds like a math problem.

8 east + 5 west = 0 east + 4 west.

Math nerd incoming!
8e - 5w = 0e - 4w
8e = 1w
One of the enemy pubbies was worth 8 of the friendlies. :suicide:

Poil posted:

Thanks for your support and tips guys, I appreciate it. :)

Here's my stats so you can laugh at them. http://worldoftanks.com/community/accounts/1000106170-LordDrool/
They're bad, and a bit incorrect since they list 771 battles in the KV-1 even though I've never played it (it's from derping around before the split). My least bad thing is probably my hit ratio.

Wow, so bad. U should get gud. :smugdog:

The Southern Dandy posted:

Thank you. At least someone has some sense in this thread.

Juffo loves his 155 58, and there's no denying it can be good. But why gently caress around with 1250 damage shots (at best) when you can go whole hog one shots in a 261, GWE-100, or a 53/55 (the CGC really lost its luster with me.) Plus, with that autoloader on the 155 58 you might miss!

Why don't you like the CGC any more?

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Atomizer posted:

Why don't you like the CGC any more?

It's just inaccurate. I do much better damage in the 261 and 53/55. The firing arc, while much better than the 261, just isn't that great.

Squiddite
Apr 15, 2001
Loligo vos omnes odet.

Atomizer posted:

I made FunkyJ show this replay last night on his stream, so now the whole world got to see you fail. In all seriousness, that was a tough match, and a terrible loss, but I think at the end you should've angled your turret against that 704 (I'm guessing that's how he penned you.) You probably could've won after bouncing his shot.

Aw, I never catch Rob streaming anymore. His hours are completely opposite to mine.

But you do realize that at that point the Roomba and Cent had hit 100% cap and the match was literally finished, right? I should've made a better effort to survive out of habit, but winning had been impossible for at least 90 seconds and honestly I'd played fairly sloppily against those 704s up to that point anyway; I was resigned to losing once the AMX, JT, and Panther suicided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Oh hey, just scouting:

Also, Bulldog chat: I started out using the autoloader, then the best single shot gun, but tonight I switched back to the autoloader and I think I prefer it:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1490967#ensk-darkrenown-m41_walker_bulldog
Would have been 9 kills, but twice people killed tanks I was clipping when they had sub-100 HP - bah!