Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

ChocNitty posted:

Great looking bike. I'm hoping to get something like that soon. Riding on pavement gets dull after a while.

These guitar strings are pricey, but are worth it. Great sound and they last a long time.

at first glance i thought this was the box for condoms or tampons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Fractal Design Define R5

Here's to having a quieter, cooler, sleeker-looking computer in 2015 :toot:

gorgeous.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah it is. Might have to get one of those when I build a new computer in a month or two.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Steam SAAAAAAAALLLE

I'll be busy for a while.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Stavrogin posted:

Close- Cherry Hill. I'm currently staying in AH till the closing. Ever been to the Great White Chicken Fish?

Nope, but my buddy and I joke that since 90% of the people we see walking out are already digging into the food it can't be that bad!

Real Food Cafe is pretty good for breakfast.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Picked it up in the steam sales for $0.99, it's a great game.

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

My first car. 2014 Mazda MX-5.

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

lookslikerain posted:

That is your first car. Nice

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

McKilligan posted:

Steam SAAAAAAAALLLE

I'll be busy for a while.

Space Engineers. I have been wanting to try that game.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

lookslikerain posted:

I feel like we are missing out on some back story here

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

App13 posted:

Probably. How is this your first car.

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

App13 posted:

Not really. I'm 35 and have always lived in a big city in Europe with good public transport and never saw the reason to own a car until now. I got a new job starting this month with a bit of a commute and I also came into a small pile of money via severance from my previous job.

The car is the nearly unused dealership demo car so fully specced with all the gadgets, new car warranty but with a steep second hand discount.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

lookslikerain posted:

Not really. I'm 35 and have always lived in a big city in Europe with good public transport and never saw the reason to own a car until now. I got a new job starting this month with a bit of a commute and I also came into a small pile of money via severance from my previous job.

The car is the nearly unused dealership demo car so fully specced with all the gadgets, new car warranty but with a steep second hand discount.

Prepare yourself for a lot of "Left the boyfriend at home?"-comments.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

lookslikerain posted:

I'm guessing by the license plate advertisement you're near Oslo? In that case I really hope you got the power folding hard top. Because drop-tops in winter are...a thing.

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

MA-Horus posted:

I'm guessing by the license plate advertisement you're near Oslo? In that case I really hope you got the power folding hard top. Because drop-tops in winter are...a thing.

Haha, yeah, its the power hard top and I'm in Oslo. I don't have a garage space so it has to be sit outside compatible. As for boyfriend comments, I default to "sorry you're not my type" responses.

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

lookslikerain posted:

Ahh. Should have paid more attention to the photo. Europe has much better public transportation than the US.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

Bought this to fill the John Green-shaped hole in my heart. My friend said it was pretty good, I'll see for myself.

I pretty much lost it in the last three chapters. The whole drat book is an 80s music love letter. Its so good, I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

EDIT:

Naked Lunch is pretty much a clusterfuck of a book that works for some odd reason. Its very weird and very good.

Humans of New York is probably my favorite photo book ever.

screenwritersblues has a new favorite as of 17:42 on Jan 3, 2015

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I didn't buy them but WON two tickets for an advance screening for Inherent Vice. I never win stuff. I'm so happy, as
I would have definitely gone to see it anyway. Yay for free movies!

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
I just got this

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

Hmm

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ryan Reynolds used to be swole :eyepop:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

I couldn't help but feel awkward displaying something with Benoit's signature personally.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tracula posted:

I couldn't help but feel awkward displaying something with Benoit's signature personally.

Better than having Che Guevara's face up on display.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Pondex posted:

Prepare yourself for a lot of "Left the boyfriend at home?"-comments.

Not in Europe. Even in Vancouver, where gas prices are the highest on the continent, Mazdas are the best selling car. Having a big car means you have a small penis and/or are a tourist. Or maybe a longshoreman, but that's covered by the small penis thing.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Tracula posted:

At first I thought so too, but then I thought, where the HELL am I going to find something else like this? I just stumbled onto it randomly.

Sparkle Biscuit
Jul 21, 2004

Honestly, I was just hitting any note.

If I ever own another instrument that isn't a Carvin, I'll be surprised.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
That looks awesome. Never heard much about their instruments, but I have an old 4x10/1x18/head stack from them that's still fantastic 10 years later.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Reverse Centaur posted:

Not in Europe. Even in Vancouver, where gas prices are the highest on the continent, Mazdas are the best selling car. Having a big car means you have a small penis and/or are a tourist. Or maybe a longshoreman, but that's covered by the small penis thing.

It's not a big car vs small car or even a Mazda thing, it's pretty specifically a Miata stereotype.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCYi3k2KcSs&t=21s

this was my first exposure to miatas when i was younger

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

SaltLick posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCYi3k2KcSs&t=21s

this was my first exposure to miatas when i was younger

People make fun of miatas but they are fun to drive.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

jadeddrifter posted:

People make fun of miatas but they are fun to drive.

Yea I really should have test driven one when I got my FRS.

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

SaltLick posted:

Yea I really should have test driven one when I got my FRS.

I still would buy one. But they are still fun to drive

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

Corsair k70 RGB. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

jadeddrifter posted:

Corsair k70 RGB. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive.

I have this, it's neat. I didn't find the settings all that intuitive but you can download some pretty profiles

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

Robawesome posted:

I have this, it's neat. I didn't find the settings all that intuitive but you can download some pretty profiles

That seems to be the biggest complaints. The software. I figured it would take me a while to get the profiles setup for the games I play, but then it is done and I won't have to deal with the software much after that.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

jadeddrifter posted:

That seems to be the biggest complaints. The software. I figured it would take me a while to get the profiles setup for the games I play, but then it is done and I won't have to deal with the software much after that.

:hfive: Vengeance buddies.
There are a ton of video tutorials linked in the Corsair support forums that do a great job of explaining pretty much everything you need to know about setting up pretty lights and key bindings.

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

mcbexx posted:

:hfive: Vengeance buddies.
There are a ton of video tutorials linked in the Corsair support forums that do a great job of explaining pretty much everything you need to know about setting up pretty lights and key bindings.

I am not to concerned about the software. I figured there would be plenty of tutorials online for me

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

Reverse Centaur posted:

If the UK counts as Europe then I've got to call bullshit.
Last year a buddy of mine we hadn't seen for a whole came down for a stag weekend in his soft-top Mazda he was ragged for the whole weekend.
It's piss all to do with it not being a big car. It's more that it's a girlie looking car.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Girlie looking or not, they're fun as poo poo to drive. I love mine (when it isn't in the shop. Love having a car that's 20 years old and was owned by a total doofus previously).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

XIII posted:

Girlie looking or not, they're fun as poo poo to drive. I love mine (when it isn't in the shop. Love having a car that's 20 years old and was owned by a total doofus previously).

I agree. I wouldn't buy one. There are other cars that are just as fun to drive and aren't so girlie. With that said I would never fault a guy for having one, because they are fun.