Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
How the gently caress do you ban a naturally occurring crystal galaxy wide??????

The U.S. can't even keep drugs from crossing the border lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

beanieson posted:

How the gently caress do you ban a naturally occurring crystal galaxy wide??????

The U.S. can't even keep drugs from crossing the border lol

Ask the diamond industry how they go about keeping an artificially inflated price

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The added blu Ray scene with Luke making his saber was actually p good. They should've made it an '80s style montage with goggles like the Dagobah training montage

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
watched most of the samurai jack guys clone wars cartoon last night, really pretty good. I love the design but man is it hard to give a poo poo about thousands of clones fighting thousands of robots

Also I really dislike the prequels made every Jedi a superpowerful expert at everything; like every Jedi is an expert pilot, expert swordsman, can throw tons of poo poo around with the force *yawn*

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Moola posted:

man is it hard to give a poo poo about thousands of clones fighting thousands of robots

this is largely why the prequels fail imo

in RoTJ you actively want lando to escape the death star bc lando is cool

in the prequels i really dont care who is winning or who lives and half the time youre not even really sure who the gently caress youre supposed to root for anyway

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Chill la Chill posted:

The added blu Ray scene with Luke making his saber was actually p good. They should've made it an '80s style montage with goggles like the Dagobah training montage

The blu ray releases added more retarded poo poo? I haven't seen the OT since the first dvd release :(

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
he added CGI blinking to the ewoks I heard, which I cant find an image of so have this instead

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Fetus Tree posted:

this is largely why the prequels fail imo

in RoTJ you actively want lando to escape the death star bc lando is cool

in the prequels i really dont care who is winning or who lives and half the time youre not even really sure who the gently caress youre supposed to root for anyway

This is the big problem with the prequels. Everyone except qui gon is either an idiot or an rear end in a top hat or both.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

beanieson posted:

The blu ray releases added more retarded poo poo? I haven't seen the OT since the first dvd release :(

The Luke bit was a legit deleted scene that hadn't been seen before.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fil5000 posted:

This is the big problem with the prequels. Everyone except qui gon is either an idiot or an rear end in a top hat or both.

Qui Gon is boring and unnecessary.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Groovelord Neato posted:

Qui Gon is boring and unnecessary.

Yeah, but he's not an idiot or an rear end in a top hat

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Every Jedi has Goku powers in the prequels

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Moola posted:

Also I really dislike the prequels made every Jedi a superpowerful expert at everything; like every Jedi is an expert pilot, expert swordsman, can throw tons of poo poo around with the force *yawn*

The prequels and the EU both seem to forget that part of being an exceptional character is that not everyone can do what you can do so gently caress it, everyone gets superpowers!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Still dumb as hell the Jedi were a giant organized religion with a big temple on the capital planet because it's both really uncool and does not mesh with the original films despite what the CD thread seems to think.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Still dumb as hell the Jedi were a giant organized religion with a big temple on the capital planet because it's both really uncool and does not mesh with the original films despite what the CD thread seems to think.

I thought the difference was that the Empire cracked down on Jedi to the point of driving them into hiding? I fully admit I only half paid attention to any of the movies, so I'm not sure why it doesn't mesh.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Many people refer to the Force as an ancient or hokey religion as if Jedi weren't running all over the place 18 years prior with a giant rear end temple on the most visible planet in the galaxy.

An Imperial officer who would've been an adult during the fall of the Republic mouths off to a guy he should know has mind powers about his religion.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Obi Wan should have just shown Han a viddo of Jedi flying around and poo poo on his space phone.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Moola posted:

he added CGI blinking to the ewoks I heard, which I cant find an image of so have this instead

Still waiting on the theatrical rerelease of the two Ewok movies. Make it happen, George Disney!

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

ruddiger posted:

Still waiting on the theatrical rerelease of the two Ewok movies. Make it happen, George Disney!

im sure theyre just gonna make new ones

except probably not because kids these days probably dont even bother watching the original trilogy

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Moola posted:

watched most of the samurai jack guys clone wars cartoon last night, really pretty good. I love the design but man is it hard to give a poo poo about thousands of clones fighting thousands of robots

To be fair this is an EU thing. In the prequels they don't exactly slaughter entire armies on their own, they're killed by droids when outnumbered and Obi-Wan is explicitly a bad pilot.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Qui gon "fix a bet" gin was a massive incompetent rear end in a top hat.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

muscles like this? posted:

The Luke bit was a legit deleted scene that hadn't been seen before.

Yeah it was a good scene imo. It wasn't like the Lucas adding rocks to R2D2 scene

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Kimmalah posted:

So do all the Sith and secret apprentices do this too or is there some Imperial exception? Because it seems like banning all lightsaber construction would really be a problem if Vader's ever breaks.

Ban all but the red ones, sith win!!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Weird BIAS posted:

I'm pretty sure he was just a crazy person. Force ghosts drove him insane.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
yeah according to the EU qui gon spent a lot of his time talkign to dead people

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Weird BIAS posted:

Why Gone Gin also used mind tricks to try to fool a sales man to accept worthless credits. Why Gone Gin is a dick.

Nothus Infelix
Jan 1, 2006
Scelesti vulgus superstitiosus ignavusque sunt.

PostNouveau posted:

I'm pretty sure he was just a crazy person. Force ghosts drove him insane.
I always assumed he was the secret bad guy, and his prophecy about bringing balance to the Force actually meant holocausting most of the Jedi. His purpose was accomplished when there were only two Jedi and two Sith left alive in the universe. But then Batman Begins went and revealed him as a secret bad guy at about the same time, so George Lucas had to change it. But I'm pretty sure Lucas couldn't come up with that idea, and wouldn't have changed it if he had.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I wonder what would have happened if Qui sobered up and realized that picking up some random kid on Tatooine was a bad idea?

Maybe Sheev would have adopted him?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I wonder what would have happened if Qui sobered up and realized that picking up some random kid on Tatooine was a bad idea?

i wonder which forum he moderates

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
hahaha i am trying to watch the cartoon series and they got some fuckin jamaican guy to voice kit fisto

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

hahaha i am trying to watch the cartoon series and they got some fuckin jamaican guy to voice kit fisto

it's the guy who voices the bureaucrat in futurama i think

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So what was Sheev going to do with Qui Gon didn't decide to Shanghai lil Anakin?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Chill la Chill posted:

Why is Porkins in the Lego x-wing? There's an R2 droid and a Luke, but instead of Wedge or Biggs or Garvin Dreis there's Porkins lol

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/X-Wing-Starfighter-9493

Incase the kid playing with it drops it, it can still be canon?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Booblord Zagats posted:

Lol, p heavy for a kid imo

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Timmy becareful with that!

Mom im alright!!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

So what was Sheev going to do with Qui Gon didn't decide to Shanghai lil Anakin?

Movie Bad Guys' master plans never make any sense. Just try to imagine the boardroom meetings where the main villain unveil their upcoming plans to their henchmen and the questions they would have raised, it's always retarded.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/58442/voldemorts-assistant-kevin
http://www.dorkly.com/post/59737/voldemorts-assistant-kevin-in-baby-blues
http://www.dorkly.com/post/60524/voldemorts-assistant-kevin-and-the-goblet-of-dumb-plans
http://www.dorkly.com/post/71207/if-the-villains-of-star-wars-had-a-personal-assistant
http://www.dorkly.com/post/69044/if-every-villain-had-a-personal-assistant

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jan 4, 2015

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

jar jar was his fallback

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

david... posted:

how do sith ever expect to enforce the dumb rule of two in a galaxy spanning civilisation, its another dumb thing that makes star wars feel really small stupid dumb sith

Only two dark side users at a time in a galaxy apparently filled with force sensitive individuals, each with the potential to fall to the dark side. How is the galaxy remotely stable when anyone is a potential psychopathic superhuman?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
well sith and dark side isn't necessarily the same thing, is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Milky Moor posted:

well sith and dark side isn't necessarily the same thing, is it?

No, there are dark jedi and force users, and the Sith, which are a separate faction.

• Locked thread