Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
There are so many little things in this game I love. I love how there are two ways to sit: the normal polite way, and the "how YOU doin'?" way.

I wish there were multiple walking/running animation sets though.

edit: I probably should have used a park bench to complete the effect.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
Are there any goon teams out there? Failing that, are there any active teams that any goons could recommend?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Commissar Budgie posted:

Are there any goon teams out there? Failing that, are there any active teams that any goons could recommend?

There's a team on ship 2.

Assuming that's the ship you're on, what's your player ID name?

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
I'm on ship 2 as well. Player ID is CommissarBudgie.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Commissar Budgie posted:

ok fine I'll put the Table of Contents higher up in the OP; it was silly of me to have placed it so far down to begin with :shobon:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Since the game is 2.5 years in and still lacks the ability to see the last time someone was online, I am just going to enact a simple policy to free up some space in the team roster.

Post on the Bulletin Board inside of the Team Room before April 2nd to not get removed from the team.
I set the team login message to remind anyone logging in to do that.

when April 2nd hits and I start bootin' people I'll still send out a mail to each of them explaining the situation and how to re-join should they so choose.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
whoops I went to quote, saw an error and thought I was in edit mode :v:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

NextTime000 posted:

Since the game is 2.5 years in and still lacks the ability to see the last time someone was online
It amazes me that it's still not a thing in this game and yet PSO2es had it since day 1.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Does anyone know what wand is being used in this video? It doesn't look like any of the wands or wand camoflages that I can see on the wiki. I loving want that thing so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVyC9icJVa8

Also this video left me smiling from beginning to end. The voice cracked me up too (anyone know which one it is?) but it wouldn't work very well for my character appearance-wise though. I have her set to no voice anyway.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does anyone know what wand is being used in this video? It doesn't look like any of the wands or wand camoflages that I can see on the wiki. I loving want that thing so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVyC9icJVa8

Also this video left me smiling from beginning to end.

It's a wand/sword camo which according to cirno is called *真島吾朗バット

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Saagonsa posted:

It's a wand/sword camo which according to cirno is called *真島吾朗バット
Oh, it's multi-weapon, I should have thought of that. Thanks.

edit: by the way, why does the substring search/recommendation thing for the store suck so bad? How hard is it to implement something like that?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 4, 2015

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Not sure about the voice, but I'm pretty sure that's the Majima camo.

e:f;b,etc

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: by the way, why does the substring search/recommendation thing for the store suck so bad? How hard is it to implement something like that?

I recall something with store searches being one of the various things were slowly killing the servers at some point in time so they probably don't want to touch it too much.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I guess when you're reusing server hardware from 2005, it's not a good idea to have a very robust shop searching module in it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

And repurposing the PSU engine.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Man, the last three Zetsubous for me have ended in failure. People seem to be using AISs somewhat strategically, but people just aren't in the right places at the right times.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Part of it could be people taking advantage of them to level their off-classes or experiment with things they aren't familiar with since they only go up to Super Hard. Not unlike the assholes who take up space on XH blocks trying to put together SH EQs, people aren't aware that they're screwing everyone else by doing it.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
I figure it's mostly kids on winter vacation who are taking advantage of the global XP boost to grind levels in EQs. You could easily get 12 75/75 dudes to steamroll through it super fast on any Ulti block and get a bunch of good drops, but some people want to use missions that require coordination and decent DPS to level up their min level off classes. If my MPA times out on the first wave, I just bail and log out. No sense in wasting your time.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Sega needs to make more attractive EQs to waste triboosters on, or to just play in general. Because right now Despair is the end all be all and the best use of them, and the gap from 55-70 feels really long. And it will get longer and longer the more XH and Ultimate content comes out.

I mean its not that bad now with the various EXP and Rare Encounter boosts, but other EQs just really can't compare when those boosts aren't available.

Or they can just let people start doing XH and Ultimate at 65. Or they could have an entire day where Despair is up every other hour. That would be nice.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Next update has XH of Mine Defense 2 and I think The 12-player Big Vharda eq, then the following update covers Lead Border Breaker and Darker Den (not sure if that's right). From there the only remaining "random" eqs are Rampaging Malice, Whitecastle, Dispair, and Loser. The rest are announcement-only EQs so I don't know how they are handling those.

But yeah I fear that SH will become worse than VH was back when SH first rolled out. Unless the act of moving up in the drop charts is causing the Goldies to drop less cubes... Then you might see some people lending a hand to the SH blocks or being more eliteist and do SH on a totally different block so nobody can ruin their 5-run attempt...

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It's not so much moving up on the drop tables make them drop less cubes, and more that it doesn't make them drop more. So if all you want are cubes there's no real reason not to just run it on sh where you can get more runs in

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
Similarly, SH arms easily trumps XH arms if you're going just for XP, since the difference in HP is much larger than the difference in XP awarded by far. As long as half of the dudes aren't under-geared sub-60s along for the ride, you can easily knock out 30-45 seconds clears with random groups on SH. The character power curve from SH to XH is a lot flatter than VH to SH, and I don't think the majority of players have realized that the only reason to do XH or Ulti is for 12 and 13 star drops. You just can't kill stuff fast enough yet to make it a better source of 10 and 11 star gear or XP.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Next update has the Tamahime mag :henget:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Devour or Fire posted:

Next update has the Tamahime mag :henget:
Yeah, I first looked at that and was like yep, that's a mag. I assume half of all players are going to have it a few days after it comes out.

By the way, how many hits does the last hit of shunka-shunran do, anyway? The numbers are right on top of each other and I can't tell.

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Sega needs to make more attractive EQs to waste triboosters on, or to just play in general. Because right now Despair is the end all be all and the best use of them, and the gap from 55-70 feels really long. And it will get longer and longer the more XH and Ultimate content comes out.

I mean its not that bad now with the various EXP and Rare Encounter boosts, but other EQs just really can't compare when those boosts aren't available.

Or they can just let people start doing XH and Ultimate at 65. Or they could have an entire day where Despair is up every other hour. That would be nice.
If you're solely looking for EXP, Invitation to Darkness is by far one of the best EQs to gain EXP since every enemy is boosted, and the Wopal EQ also gives a bunch as well. These two are also a lot easier to complete compared to Despair and nobody will care if you run around with an extended Axeon the whole time. Border Break in Desert gives you a good shot at picking up some Cougar/Mizer fodder units to use or sell, and also gives a chance at a Tagamikazuchi spawn each time you complete it, potentially giving you tons of bonus EXP along with some 10* units to boot.

We're also getting a new Limited Quest in a few weeks that will satisfy everyone's "run the same mission over and over for the best EXP" needs as well!

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

By the way, how many hits does the last hit of shunka-shunran do, anyway? The numbers are right on top of each other and I can't tell.
Two.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
It seems every day this week features a concert-boosted Emergency Quest at 7 or 8am EST. Set your alarms folks!

First up is Raging Dark Arms

EDIT: oh whoops today's boosted EQ is Ocean of Death at 5am

Elder is still coming at 8am though; just without the concert. Either way there is something going down at 7 or 8 am for the next week.

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jan 7, 2015

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Get the concert boost and then run Ult.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The weapon potential that raises the average stance effect by 7%, what does that actually mean? Is it a 7% increase to actual damage, i.e. average stance goes from 115% damage to 122%, or is it 7% of the 15% damage bonus the stance gives, that would be only 1%? Or something else?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

The weapon potential that raises the average stance effect by 7%, what does that actually mean? Is it a 7% increase to actual damage, i.e. average stance goes from 115% damage to 122%, or is it 7% of the 15% damage bonus the stance gives, that would be only 1%? Or something else?

It adds the 7%, so it would go from 115% to 122%

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Saagonsa posted:

It adds the 7%, so it would go from 115% to 122%

they mathed things out and it seems all bonuses from different sources are multiplicative so it is more like:

1.07 x 1.15 = 1.2305 = 123.05%

or at least so I hear

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Latents work like skills so judgement time is the equivalent of having another average stance up with 7 skill points in it.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

it took like 2 years but he finally gave me a 12*

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yesterday I grinded a 11 star weapon all the way to +10 with no failures, and not using any assist items. I don't know if I will ever be that lucky again in my life.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
You won't.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I finally got a new bonking wand, but how exactly does its potential ability translate into damage? Does it calculate the physical part of the damage (I assume the first of the two numbers that happen when you hit with it) it as of 8/9/10% more melee attack power? A lot of the potential descriptions are still unclear to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

That one just adds more percentage onto Wand Reactor. So, say you had that at 5, and the weapon and potential 3, that'd be 50% of your TATK added to SATK. Or it might be multiplicative! Who knows!

Anyway never stop bonking.

• Locked thread