Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Logan Thomas was not the answer. The result of the game would have been the same. Arizona should have found a new QB weeks ago after Stanton got injured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

i will defend lindley forever for taking my poo poo school to bowl games

the cardinals need a RB

They do, but Lindley is still terrible. As it turns out I too, have had College QBs who won my school an actual national championship suck terriblely in the NFL. It's ok. College != NFL!

LEGO Genetics posted:

what about the Delhomme game?

Delhomme was actually trying though, Lindley was just completely worthless. I mean sure Delhomme threw 5 ints but he actually also got 200 yards of offense! And a TD!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

adaz posted:

They do, but Lindley is still terrible. As it turns out I too, have had College QBs who won my school an actual national championship suck terriblely in the NFL. It's ok. College != NFL!

i didn't say lindley was good. i said he owns. the two are not the same

i like him a lot

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I didn't have $3k to spend on superbowl tickets anyway so thanks for keeping me from making stupid financial decisions cardinals.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The Cards have objectively been more successful in the last decade than the Chargers and Kurt Warner circa Arizona was better than any QB San Diego has ever had

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Qwijib0 posted:

I didn't have $3k to spend on superbowl tickets anyway so thanks for keeping me from making stupid financial decisions cardinals.

I loving did :(.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

JT Jag posted:

The Cards have objectively been more successful in the last decade than the Chargers and Kurt Warner circa Arizona was better than any QB San Diego has ever had

whats your point

congrats, you are more successful than the lovely franchise i root for??

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

whats your point

congrats, you are more successful than the lovely franchise i root for??
I'm a Jags fan, I have no point

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Marques Tuiasosopo won my team a Rose Bowl over Drew Brees but I stopped caring after he failed in the NFL.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

What makes Lindley's performance tonight worse than anyone else is that he spent a full half throwing screens and swings and slants and had several pitches. he was given the easiest game plan imaginable, one read and a quick throw, and he couldn't even get the ball out on time or accurately to people standing still behind the line of scrimmage and uncovered.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Regnevelc posted:

I loving did :(.

Woulda been sweet :(

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
I have nothing against Lindley personally, Ross. You're welcome to him back on the Chargers practice squad. :D And I agree with whoever said that throwing Thomas out there would have accomplished nothing, especially if Arians thinks he has a chance of being good.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I refuse to believe that Ponder or Freeman wouldn't have been better as signings off the street than sticking Lindley out there

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Ponder wasn't a free agent. He even started a game. And threw like 50 times. It ended very badly.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WHOOPS posted:

Ponder wasn't a free agent. He even started a game. And threw like 50 times. It ended very badly.

I thought he got released when they moved on to Teddy?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

I thought he got released when they moved on to Teddy?

I thought they cut Cassel

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If you're playing someone as bad as Lindley at QB you should really just get one of your receivers to run the wildkat.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Arians has a crazy complex offensive system and he's said a few times that he can't have someone walk in off the street and get up to speed with his system. Back in October they signed Dennis Dixon for a few days to the practice squad because he was kinda familiar with BA's system from his days in Pittsburgh.

Lindley was signed as he supposedly knew the system already from his previous stint with the team. There really was no other option to be honest. Logan is supposed to be a long term project and I want to think BA is protecting him from early failure and destroying the kids confidence. Logan also has a ton of accuracy issues. He has a cannon of an arm and can launch it 70 yards, but can't hit a target worth a drat.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Cassel went to the IR when Teddy took over and Ponder moved to #2. He won't be resigned and Cassel will be the backup next year.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Intruder posted:

I refuse to believe that Ponder or Freeman wouldn't have been better as signings off the street than sticking Lindley out there

Realistically you'd have to get a QB who had at least seen Arians playbook before to try and be up to speed in 2 weeks. I mean, Kevin Kolb ....

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Cam looking good in the postgame:

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

adaz posted:

Realistically you'd have to get a QB who had at least seen Arians playbook before to try and be up to speed in 2 weeks. I mean, Kevin Kolb ....

There's a very real chance Kolb would die if he got back on a NFL field. He needs to take the serious cash he made and do something with zero chance of head injury. I think he made something like 50 Million in his career.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

adaz posted:

If I hated Kevin Kolb with every fiber of my being I still wouldn't wish on him being thrown out on a football field ever again

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

skipdogg posted:

Arians has a crazy complex offensive system and he's said a few times that he can't have someone walk in off the street and get up to speed with his system. Back in October they signed Dennis Dixon for a few days to the practice squad because he was kinda familiar with BA's system from his days in Pittsburgh.

Lindley was signed as he supposedly knew the system already from his previous stint with the team. There really was no other option to be honest. Logan is supposed to be a long term project and I want to think BA is protecting him from early failure and destroying the kids confidence. Logan also has a ton of accuracy issues. He has a cannon of an arm and can launch it 70 yards, but can't hit a target worth a drat.

Logan Thomas is one of those QB prospects where you look at his measurables and arm strength and think "why isn't this guy a bigger deal?"

Then you watch a Virginia Tech game and go "oh....oooohhh"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Benne posted:

Logan Thomas is one of those QB prospects where you look at his measurables and arm strength and think "why isn't this guy a bigger deal?"

Then you watch a Virginia Tech game and go "oh....oooohhh"

Kind of like Tom Savage :sigh:

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

skipdogg posted:

There's a very real chance Kolb would die if he got back on a NFL field. He needs to take the serious cash he made and do something with zero chance of head injury. I think he made something like 50 Million in his career.

It's worth sharing again, but here's an article from October by Kolb himself about dealing with his concussions, what he's doing now, and even surviving a hurricane.

To directly address your comment though, he and a friend own a mining equipment business and he knows he's done playing football.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wanvig posted:

It's worth sharing again, but here's an article from October by Kolb himself about dealing with his concussions, what he's doing now, and even surviving a hurricane.

To directly address your comment though, he and a friend own a mining equipment business and he knows he's done playing football.

I wonder how often he has to be reminded he's done playing football

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Jed, this travesty is all your fault t:mad:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dark pants :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

Dark pants :(

Buck up

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jesus christ, why does he look like Frankie Munez. :psyduck:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Spoeank posted:

Stop.. :(

I"m not ready to see this.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

It's weird how normal and non-insane he looks without that drat ballcap.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Spoeank posted:

Oh cool we get a free Harbaugh to hang around and help out.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I seriously cannot believe the Cardinals had NO better option than Ryan Lindley. Holy hell was he bad.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The fact that Carolina won their game, and the Texans aren't even the playoffs makes me that much angrier.

gently caress the NFC South. (Yes I know they're separate conferences, but still.)

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Diet Crack posted:

The fact that Carolina won their game, and the Texans aren't even the playoffs makes me that much angrier.

gently caress the NFC South. (Yes I know they're separate conferences, but still.)

If the Texans drafted Carr they'd probably win their division this year.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Bigass Moth posted:

I seriously cannot believe the Cardinals had NO better option than Ryan Lindley. Holy hell was he bad.

Josh Freeman was the best free agent QB available as far as I can tell, pretty sure that's still worse than Lindley. I don't blame the Cardinals though, how often is it that you need your third string QB to play significant time, they did have a good backup in Stanton before he got hurt too.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Josh Freeman was the best free agent QB available as far as I can tell, pretty sure that's still worse than Lindley.

Statistically Lindley is the worst QB To ever have started a playoff game by quarterback rating. Chart is from Grantland and as they point out all those QBs were from the 70s/early 80s when an average NFL QB had a passer rating of around 64.8. Today the average is 87.1. Adjusted for era then he's god awful and definitely worse than Josh Freeman.

adaz fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

adaz posted:

Statistically Lindley is the worst QB To ever have started a playoff game by quarterback rating. Chart is from Grantland and as they point out all those QBs were from the 70s/early 80s when an average NFL QB had a passer rating of around 64.8. Today the average is 87.1. Adjusted for era then he's god awful and definitely worse than Josh Freeman.

For a total career I'd agree, but hasn't recent Josh Freeman been godawful? His last year playing in 2013 was awful and in 2014 he couldn't even make it through the Giants training camp. He also got no looks from any of the other teams out there in desperate need of QB depth. The dude almost looked like he forgot to play football after 2012.

• Locked thread