Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hey, even Byakuya showed up to the party. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Even the characters are getting exasperated by how many Narakus there are

edit: Awesome, time to get back to the action! (nah time for more recaps)

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jan 4, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Man, its sad that One Piece Shonen is a breath of fresh air between the hell that is Naruto and Yasha's taffing about hour.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Who is ready to get depressed all over again :(

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sanji's backstory isn't terribly involved

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Sanji's dream is to reach the All Blue, a mystical ocean filled with every fish in the world.

When him and his chef boss got stranded on an island, the guy cut off his own leg and forced Sanji to eat it so he could live.

bondster
May 6, 2007

JT Jag posted:

When him and his chef boss got stranded on an island, the guy cut off his own leg and forced Sanji to eat it so he could live.

I think that was in the manga only. If I recall, in the anime Zeff was trapped underwater and cut off his own leg to save Sanji. On the island he gave Sanji all of his food so he wouldn't starve.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JT Jag posted:

Sanji's dream is to reach the All Blue, a mystical ocean filled with every fish in the world.

Ending his career as a pirate, because after all who has ever heard of a pirate with a peg leg?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

bondster posted:

I think that was in the manga only. If I recall, in the anime Zeff was trapped underwater and cut off his own leg to save Sanji. On the island he gave Sanji all of his food so he wouldn't starve.
Cool guys read the manga (and the anime for action scenes) so what I said is true because I'm a cool guy

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Man, they are really stretching out the Sanji half of this. Get to Chopper, his backstory is actually interesting.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
I always thought he ate his own leg.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

bondster posted:

Pretty sure that is what happened in the manga too, I certainly don't remember him feeding Sanji his leg, he gave Sanji a small bag of food and had a large bag, which is later revealed to be filled with treasure not food.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

dbzfandiego posted:

I always thought he ate his own leg.
Huh, he might have, it's been a while.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

JT Jag posted:

Huh, he might have, it's been a while.

Yeah I thought he gave Sanji all the food then ate his own leg for sustenance.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy gently caress how long has one piece been on recap episodes.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Acquire Currency! posted:

Holy gently caress how long has one piece been on recap episodes.
Four episodes of Niko backstory flashback and I think this is the third episode of recaps?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Didn't somebody say tonight's episode ends with another one of those extra bits at the end?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is the fourth, next week is the last.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Oh man, Choppers backstory is by far the roughest to watch.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
hello thread

have i missed anything important in 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Luffy has always kinda taken the stance of "hey you're gonna be on my crew, it's decided"

Once he sets his eye on someone he always gets his man/woman, even if it takes an entire arc

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Reindeers/Caribous can't be pirates.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Who's the blue-haired lady? She looks interesting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They're rushing through this but Chopper's backstory is really dark

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Oh boy......... pink snow. :geno:

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
He accidentally kills his own father!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

dbzfandiego posted:

He accidentally kills his own father!

No, his father knew it would kill him even before he ate it, then went out like a boss by blowing himself up

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
Look, it's the Sea Train.

Did anyone see yet

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

These recaps have been complete messes. They really don't make any sense unless you already know the stories.

bondster
May 6, 2007

To give you a sense of Choppers backstory, imagine Rudolf the Red-Nosed reindeer except Rudolf accidentally poisons Santa trying to save him and then to make sure it doesn't kill him Santa blows himself up.

There is a lot more to it than that but thats a general gist.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Oh poo poo SCARFACE LUFFY

EDIT: Err.... racist Godfather Luffy, I guess.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

gently caress, this rules

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Mafia Straw Hats

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
Budump-Tis

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

... okay, that ended strangely.

bondster
May 6, 2007

I think the best joke of that is Robin betrays her allies :haw:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Thanks to Dish's blackout, I am still completely in the dark about Robin's whole backstory.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Oh yeah, I forgot we're getting the recap episode tonight.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
The hell is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Thanks to Dish's blackout, I am still completely in the dark about Robin's whole backstory.
Her mom was an archaeologist and the government hates archaeologists so they decided to kill all the archaeologists in the world, starting with the island full of archaeologists Robin lives on. Robin escaped with the knowledge of what they did and possibly some other forbidden archaeologist knowledge, so they put a huge bounty on her, the end, also there was a giant

Rhonne posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot we're getting the recap episode tonight.
We've been away for a month, justifiable!

• Locked thread