Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

macnbc posted:

Finally got around to starting Unity this evening.

For the record: It took me less than 10 minutes to make it crash on my PS4.

All I did was push the touchpad when indicated to load up the database entry on Jacques De Molay. Instead the UI disappeared and all the controls became unresponsive. I had to force quit the game and restart it.

And this is after Ubisoft has issued 4 patches for the drat thing.

Ahahahaha I came here to post this exact loving post, down to the freeze point. This is astonishing. This game really needed 6 more months in the oven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
For thsoie wanting most of the bonus costumes...

quote:

AC Initiates Status
DECEMBER 24 - [UBI] JOHKR
We've decided to place Assassin's Creed Initiates in a continued state of maintenance during the holiday period.

The reasoning for this is to minimize the effect from outages to your experience during this time, as well as to allow us work on ensuring the technical stability of the platform.

Although AC Initiates will be in maintenance and thus unavailable to access via the web or console browsers, all gold Initiates chests are now unlocked in game for online players. You will receive an in game error message when attempting to access the ACI website from in-game due to the maintenance. This is expected behaviour, and will be addressed in a future update. However, you will have unrestricted access to all the chests with the golden ACI crest and the rewards within them.

Please note that you won't be able to access the gold Initiates chests if you are playing offline.

As always, you can find this update and the latest updates on our Live Updates Blog

Finally, we want to thank you for your continued passion and feedback. We hope you have a pleasant holiday.

-The Live Update Team

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

ayn rand hand job posted:

For thsoie wanting most of the bonus costumes...

Any idea if this is just for the downtime or permanent?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, all the stuff you need to do to unlock gear sure is some straight up bullshit.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

muscles like this? posted:

Man, all the stuff you need to do to unlock gear sure is some straight up bullshit.

I've never "played" initiates or the unity app in my life, but I was already leveled enough to pick up Edward and Connor 's robes.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Is the ps4 club LLJK? Is it full? It says 40/50 members, but too many players have applied.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I've never "played" initiates or the unity app in my life, but I was already leveled enough to pick up Edward and Connor 's robes.

At the moment all Gold chests are openable because Initiates is down.

Basically all I did today was run around locating and grabbing them.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

PoshAlligator posted:

At the moment all Gold chests are openable because Initiates is down.

Basically all I did today was run around locating and grabbing them.

I definitely got the robes before they unlocked the chests.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I forget the exact breakdown, but beating two or three of the previous AC games was probably enough to unlock the outfits.

Less if you played MP or 100%d games.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm not talking about the outfits, I mean the pieces. They're all over the place in terms of what you need to do to unlock them and its annoying how it seems like its impossible to just buy a complete set. Like some stuff is behind the companion app, some stuff is just given in co-op missions, some stuff is in chests somewhere. The whole thing is irritating.

CheGayvara
Oct 30, 2010
Applied to [SAAC] and [Goon] (the one with only a couple members) on PC as CheGxvara.

I don't know exactly what a club competition is, but I do know I want that legendary napoleonic coat.

Edit: You can only have one request at a time, [Goon] it is since the other seems to be full. Is that actually run by a goon?

CheGayvara fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jan 2, 2015

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I also applied to SAAC as Ahdinko

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

CheGayvara posted:

Applied to [SAAC] and [Goon] (the one with only a couple members) on PC as CheGxvara.

I don't know exactly what a club competition is, but I do know I want that legendary napoleonic coat.

Edit: You can only have one request at a time, [Goon] it is since the other seems to be full. Is that actually run by a goon?

Ahdinko posted:

I also applied to SAAC as Ahdinko

It'd probably be best to apply to Goon. SAAC seems to be broken and inactive. Maybe we should just get a consensus here and make a new PC Unity group?

CheGayvara
Oct 30, 2010

Skoll posted:

It'd probably be best to apply to Goon. SAAC seems to be broken and inactive. Maybe we should just get a consensus here and make a new PC Unity group?

Agreed. Having the names for all the clubs on different platforms in the OP would also be helpful. While others weigh in I will wait and see if this korova_studios who set up [Goon]SomethingAwful replies.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

muscles like this? posted:

I'm not talking about the outfits, I mean the pieces. They're all over the place in terms of what you need to do to unlock them and its annoying how it seems like its impossible to just buy a complete set. Like some stuff is behind the companion app, some stuff is just given in co-op missions, some stuff is in chests somewhere. The whole thing is irritating.

I'd really just concentrate on getting Legendary or Master equipment. The lower level stuff isn't nearly as good, and boosted legendary hoods give a 10% Creed Point bonus. Most of that isn't hard, short of a couple of pieces which are given during story missions, all you need to do is run the higher level Co-Op missions a few times to get everything. There's still some stuff that you might need to win a Club Competition for, but that isn't horrible.

Most of the chest/companion app stuff is for mid-tier stuff and is nice if you're aiming for 100% completion.

Skoll posted:

I'd miss the creed point boost, but that's about it.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Waited several patches to see if this got more stable, can't even get past the Logo screens awesome, glad it came for free with my graphics card.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

CheGayvara posted:

Agreed. Having the names for all the clubs on different platforms in the OP would also be helpful. While others weigh in I will wait and see if this korova_studios who set up [Goon]SomethingAwful replies.

Yeah, having just started Unity I didn't realize that the clubs were different on all platforms.

So [SAAC] and [Goon] are the designated PC ones. What are they for Xbone and PS4?

VVVVV- Xbone now added to OP. Still looking for the PS4 one(s).

macnbc fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 2, 2015

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013
Someone started "Goonassin" for the Xbone I think that I tried joining to no avail.
I started GSSA on it because of this, but I'm currently the sole member. :sadwave:

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Ps4 is lljk but haven't seen anyone on in forever.

80% of cockades and chests done, almost there

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Despite some technical problems I'm really enjoying Unity. But then again I'm not the 100% completion type, I usually don't replay missions even when I hosed it up and I don't really care about collecting full sets so this all might be a factor.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

sellouts posted:

Ps4 is lljk but haven't seen anyone on in forever.

80% of cockades and chests done, almost there

Yeah, I tried applying but it said too many pending applications.

Don't suppose anyone wants to make a new one?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

My phone's a sack of poo poo that crashes whenever I launch the Unity app, am I missing anything remotely important?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TARDISman posted:

My phone's a sack of poo poo that crashes whenever I launch the Unity app, am I missing anything remotely important?

Altair robes is about the big prize.

It also unlocks some of the rift artifacts and mid tier equipment.

CheGayvara
Oct 30, 2010
Got tired of waiting so I made my own PC club called [LGSA]LesGoons. Finding an available club tag was hard; rather than having something fun like [LOON] or [LEGO] I had to settle for the Lesbian Gay Straight Alliance acronym which is still sort of funny since gay is a banned word on Uplay.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CheGayvara posted:

Got tired of waiting so I made my own PC club called [LGSA]LesGoons. Finding an available club tag was hard; rather than having something fun like [LOON] or [LEGO] I had to settle for the Lesbian Gay Straight Alliance acronym which is still sort of funny since gay is a banned word on Uplay.

Ill be applying as Toffile.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh, poo poo woops, I stopped reading the thread at all because I'd given up on Unity. Yeah, officially speaking SAAC is hosed. Last time I loaded up the game to accept the last four people to the club, which would have maxed it out, the game broke in half and teleported me back to the pre-Assassin party mission. Given how the game runs for me and frankly gently caress that pre-Assassin stuff (and kind of all of it) I just uninstalled it at that point.

TL:DR :siren: Abandon SAAC, join LGSA.

CheGayvara
Oct 30, 2010

ayn rand hand job posted:

Ill be applying as Toffile.

Accepted. I also don't have a mic at the moment so I won't be able to talk in game right now. I will probably set a crappy one up tomorrow that will do until I can get a new wireless receiver for my headset.

I have also had some buggy experiences with clubs in the past including being listed 20 times as a member of a club instead of showing other member's names so I will post here if we near capacity to avoid any [SAAC] problems].

Oh I am listed twice now in the club list. Thank you Ubishit for this amazing multiplayer experience.

That reminds me, in the database there is this entry (found in one of the rifts I think) set up as an abstergo entertainment internal memo telling employees only to mention multiplayer as an upcoming feature or something a long those lines. Très drôle.

Edit 2: Apparently the name repetition is a common issue that hasn't been addressed http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/950209-Assassin-s-Creed-Unity-BUG-Clan-Members-Display-List-Forums

It screwed up my contacts list too and I couldn't invite anyone to play co-op. I just added Toffile as my friend on uplay and that seemed to fix it? So if you join send me a friend request on there as well.

CheGayvara fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 4, 2015

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Is there an open PS4 Goon club? I can't even figure out how to do word searches, only searches based on favorite activities and creed and all that.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Applying to LGSA as Skoll.

Can OP get updated showing that SAAC is now dead?

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I applied to LGSA as DailyForecast. Not that I play this game anymore, too busy with Far Cry 4. Thanks, Ubisoft.

Still boot it up every couple of days to run around killing blue/red dudes for about ten minutes before shutting it off again. Everyone shits on the combat but I actually think it's pretty fun. :downs:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I picked up a 6GB patch the other day and now the only thing keeping the game from running smoothly is my GPU, all the stuttering is gone. I only finished chapter 2, but I'm digging it so far. I'm just a sucker for these parkourey games and jumping down and assassinating guards, I don't really care if the story is dumb or what.

I also applied to LGSA as twdragon (I think). Wanna get those costumes :downs:

CheGayvara
Oct 30, 2010
Is there a Kylelll on the forums? They want an invite but I want to keep pubbies out in case my amazing club really takes off in this thread. Please post in here if you ask for an invite.

I also got that name spam in the member list bug again so add me as a friend on uplay (search for CheGxvara) since that seemed to fix it last time.

Oh, and ayn rand hand job won a club competition or some such for us while I was at the movies.

Edit: In case anyone was wondering about club competition unlocks like me it goes a little something like this:

1. Ubisoft unlocks club competitions for so many hours.
2. You are put in a group with six other clubs and if you earn enough creed points in the allotted time you win and unlock one of the pieces of legendary gear (I just got the legendary sans-culottes hood for example)*. If you complete certain heists, co-op missions, or fancy moves you get double creed points.
3. If your club doesn't come first, you get nothing. If you come second you move up a division, I think we started in Bronze I. What divisions measure exactly and why you want to move up divisions, I don't know. All the higher divisions offer are bonus boosts which I never use anyway. Basically just come first for the beautiful clothes.

*I believe everyone unlocks the same prize that ubisoft chooses to have for that specific competition, so no napolenic cuirass for anyone.

And that is how fashion's creed works.

CheGayvara fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jan 4, 2015

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
My Arno freezes after I access Uplay mid game and then come back. The world keeps going but no buttons work on the pad. Most odd.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

CheGayvara posted:

Is there a Kylelll on the forums?
That's me! Should've posted in the thread when I applied.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

CheGayvara posted:

Oh, and ayn rand hand job won a club competition or some such for us while I was at the movies.

Edit: In case anyone was wondering about club competition unlocks like me it goes a little something like this:

Man, I was in SAAC at the time, how come I didn't get it.

Oh well, it's ugly as poo poo anyway. Fashion > *

CheGayvara
Oct 30, 2010

Hannibal Smith posted:

That's me! Should've posted in the thread when I applied.

I'll accept it tomorrow evening since its bed time. The competition is over for now so you won't miss anything in the mean time.

Daily Forecast posted:

Man, I was in SAAC at the time, how come I didn't get it.

Oh well, it's ugly as poo poo anyway. Fashion > *

Your club has to come first in your group of six to win the piece of gear ie get the most creed points. Second place moves up a division (bonus boosts like extra health for three minutes) and everyone else gets nothing.

Also I like the sans-culottes gear, it fills me with revolutionary fervor. I do wish you could dye individual items though since only the assassin blue motif works with that outfit, but a blue leather vest is a little gauche (pun very much intended).

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I must say that the number of collectables in Unity is overwhelimg. When I see that there are like 40 chests in one of the city parts it makes me not want to bother. On the other hand it's pretty sweet how far they expanded the inventory in this regard.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Palpek posted:

I must say that the number of collectables in Unity is overwhelimg. When I see that there are like 40 chests in one of the city parts it makes me not want to bother. On the other hand it's pretty sweet how far they expanded the inventory in this regard.

I did the entire northern half of the map then finished the game before giving up.

Annoyingly, some sections in the north still say I've got 7/8 chests even though I've picked all the ones up that were on the map. So either you have to pass near one for them to show up (and not just rely on climbing the viewpoint) or as per typical Ubisoft fashion, it's bugged.

That's how low trust is with Ubisoft, you can't tell if something is a deliberately annoying design or if it's a bug.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Alright, applied to LGSA as Ahdinko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Skoll posted:

Applying to LGSA as Skoll.

Can OP get updated showing that SAAC is now dead?

Done.

Still hoping someone can start up a new PS4 one. I don't play often enough to do it/keep accepting applications.

• Locked thread