Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I thought that was a Vonnegut style anus drawing. I still don't see the TG connection, but I see the anus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

You know what? No. gently caress you. I ain't googlin poo poo.

Oooh, I read it as googleil, like they had some sort of stance that using google was akin to supporting hitler.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

dpack_1 posted:

No, no they wouldnt.

You dont need "anal leakage" appearing in Papyrus on your arm at any point in your life. You want a diagnosis you go to a doctor, not a tattooist.

Also, EMT's are told to ignore any tattoos indicating medical conditions, they only look for them bracelet things for diabetics or other conditions.

Yeah I had a co-worker get a huge 'diabetic' on her arm and every time I saw it I laughed inside because the EMT's are definitely not going to pay attention to that. No pics unfortunately because they don't allow cameras, or phones, at work due to data security rules with our clients.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah I had a co-worker get a huge 'diabetic' on her arm and every time I saw it I laughed inside because the EMT's are definitely not going to pay attention to that. No pics unfortunately because they don't allow cameras, or phones, at work due to data security rules with our clients.

Is it surrounded by other tattoos or fat or something? Every adult type 1 diabetic I know (including myself) has abandoned the bracelets for a tattoo on the wrist/forearm, medics are trained to look for the caduceus or rod of asclepius so they should notice it whether it's a tat or a metal dog tag. There is an unspoken rule that you don't get any other tattoos anywhere near the medical one so that it stands out though.

The three doctors in my family agreed that if you're unconscious (the only useful situation for these markings) you're going to be getting an IV at some point so the inside of the wrist/forearm will definitely get noticed.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I've heard it's a liability thing. "I treated the patient this way because they had a medical alert bracelet on" means a lot more than "I treated the patient this way because of a tattoo that I saw on their arm"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Samfucius posted:

Is it surrounded by other tattoos or fat or something? Every adult type 1 diabetic I know (including myself) has abandoned the bracelets for a tattoo on the wrist/forearm, medics are trained to look for the caduceus or rod of asclepius so they should notice it whether it's a tat or a metal dog tag. There is an unspoken rule that you don't get any other tattoos anywhere near the medical one so that it stands out though.

The three doctors in my family agreed that if you're unconscious (the only useful situation for these markings) you're going to be getting an IV at some point so the inside of the wrist/forearm will definitely get noticed.

She's a type 2 so fatty fat fat.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

I think it's useful for drawing attention to things that the emergency room may overlook in your medical files or that will be important before they even pull your file up but that is critical for them to know. I have a friend with "NO CONTRAST DYE - ALLERGIC" on both arms where IVs would go in because even though it's in his medical records, there was nearly An Incident that was only prevented by the fact that his friend was there at the hospital with him and who intervened as he was being wheeled into imaging. For more common things (like diabetes) they're really not going to miss it on your file and a tattoo is not going to prevent them from killing you because of a common emergency procedure being potentially lethal. They build in failsafes for detecting things like diabetes or whatever into emergency procedures.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Pile of Kittens posted:

I think it's useful for drawing attention to things that the emergency room may overlook in your medical files or that will be important before they even pull your file up but that is critical for them to know. I have a friend with "NO CONTRAST DYE - ALLERGIC" on both arms where IVs would go in because even though it's in his medical records, there was nearly An Incident that was only prevented by the fact that his friend was there at the hospital with him and who intervened as he was being wheeled into imaging. For more common things (like diabetes) they're really not going to miss it on your file and a tattoo is not going to prevent them from killing you because of a common emergency procedure being potentially lethal. They build in failsafes for detecting things like diabetes or whatever into emergency procedures.

It depends on where you are too. I have type 1 and pretty much all the young people I know with diabetes have medic alert tats, but at least in my state its sort of pointless because EMT's aren't allowed to make decisions based on tattoos so you'd probably be better off just getting your full name or something tattooed on your body so they can at least get your medical records.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Quick, nurse, get the dry ice! We can't let him thaw!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Get this man to the ICU quick! Apparently he's a rabid pussy-eater!

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Say Nothing posted:

Googled cyberpunk tattoos, found mostly circuitry and machinery-based designs, some of them pretty good.
And of course, this design on at least three different girls.

Fairly accurate though the line work isnt great

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sentient Data posted:

That skeleton is posing all :allears:

TheSmilingJackal
Apr 30, 2007

Don't worry, it's a very heavy feather.

ruddiger posted:

That skeleton is posing all :allears:

Now I will never be able to unseen that.

Mr Ice Cool is like the punch line that keeps on giving.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Haruharuharuko posted:

Fairly accurate though the line work isnt great

I googled for a picture of The Major's data ports. drat, a lot of people have that same tattoo!

Not a tattoo.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

They're gonna regret that when Bing takes over.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Drink and Fight posted:

They're gonna regret that when Bing takes over.

You think they'll live to be 147 years old?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Sentient Data posted:

Stolen from YLLS:

Before:

Now:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I can't hate that guy.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

Stolen from YLLS:

Before:

Now:

Someone find a photo where he does the same pose as the skellington.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

BonHair posted:

Someone find a photo where he does the same pose as the skellington.

Then someone needs to get that photo tattooed and also do that pose.

Then we can post it here!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

mrpwase posted:

Then someone needs to get that photo tattooed and also do that pose.

Then we can post it here!

Now you can be Mr. CooL ICE whenever you want!

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Edmond Dantes posted:

Now you can be Mr. CooL ICE whenever you want!

I unironically want this.

Lewis Skolnick
Nov 4, 2011

His fan even says ICE on it. That's some major commitment to the theme.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Regarding medical tattoos

I would totally tattoo my dick with "Pull the catheter before I wake up"

Too bad you'd need a huge dick to fit all that and have it legible on your wang..

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dienes posted:

IIRC its his girlfriend's medical conditions, not his.

Gonna be honest, that seems even dumber.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

I like how his big pecs have given his skeleton a cone head.

I found this on imgur: "Fresh NIN ink, I know it's nothing to write home about, but its my first tattoo and I love it."

TheSmilingJackal
Apr 30, 2007

Don't worry, it's a very heavy feather.

Staryberry posted:

I like how his big pecs have given his skeleton a cone head.

I found this on imgur: "Fresh NIN ink, I know it's nothing to write home about, but its my first tattoo and I love it."

... are Nine Inch Nails still a thing?

Also, dude, you can close-up on that tattoo, you don't need to share your uncomfortably hairy back with the world.

Giga Pet giveaway
Jun 28, 2008

You're Not Welcome?

I was looking up traditional moon tattoos. There's a chance this is pen, right?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

PaleInkedBoy posted:

lol, I like it. Hairy ring craters and all.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

TheSmilingJackal posted:

Also, dude, you can close-up on that tattoo, you don't need to share your uncomfortably hairy back with the world.

But he does need to share the fact that the Ns are facing the wrong way.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Nemico posted:

But he does need to share the fact that the Ns are facing the wrong way.

Holy poo poo, I didn't notice that. This went from bland and anachronistic to just loving awful.

I saw them play in Toronto a few months ago. Great show, highly recommend checking out.

e: relevant content

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

dpack_1 posted:

This reads like a loving white board in an episode of House. Is that's what it's meant to be? or is this someone that googles their symptoms when they don't feel too great but because the doctors wont believe them they're getting it all tattooed on them for when they eventually slip into a coma the paramedics will know what's wrong by reading that loving arm!?

Mandy Morbid has a poo poo ton of medical issues so her boyfriend tattooed them on his arm.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Epi Lepi posted:

Mandy Morbid has a poo poo ton of medical issues so her boyfriend tattooed them on his arm.

So when they split up, does she get to keep the arm?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

PaleInkedBoy posted:

Lmao this is the best poo poo ever.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

PaleInkedBoy posted:

So chef boyardee works at a tattoo parlor on the side?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITL4NqOKmzk

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TheSmilingJackal posted:

Nine Inch Nails are always a thing.

Googling it, there are a lot of tattoos of the logo, the album art, and even the lyrics.

How about the entire lyrics from Hurt?

Timg'd for undressed girly girl, but no naughty bits.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Diagnostic tattoos would be cool as hell.
They would appear when you get the symptoms.

How would it work?

Nanomachines.

Imagine getting drunk at a bar and taking a lady home. She hops into your bed and undresses... then you see

CHLAMYDIA
YEAST

below her navel. Crisis averted.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TunaSpleen posted:

Imagine getting drunk at a bar and taking a lady home. She hops into your bed and undresses... then you see

CHLAMYDIA
YEAST

below her navel. Crisis averted.

Check out this scrub who doesn't know about the "finger test."

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bodyshockers-nips-tucks-and-tattoos/on-demand/59411-001

Bodyshockers press blurb posted:

Bodyshockers returns for a second series tonight focusing on face and body modifications, as Katie Piper meets those determined to modify their bodies and others who regret their decision.

In the first episode tonight Katie meets 35 year old Lee who had tears tattooed on his face after a drunken dare which ended up losing him his job. Lee then meets 20 year old Charlie who is planning on getting her face tattooed.

She also meets Leon who wants his tattoo removed, but only if Katie gets rid of hers at the same time.

The show also features Rachel who is planning an extreme facelift, Amy and her sliced earlobes and Cammy, an ink addict who has tattooed his entire body and is now planning on turning the laser gun on his kids.

The Lee guy clearly regretted having tattooed blobs on his face for all the reasons you'd expect, and tried to convince the 20 year old girl not to get her temples done, which she then did anyway, namely an hourglass on one side and a spider on the other, which a nice helping of lovely biker dust surrounding both. She said she was holding down 3 jobs, but I'm assuming if one or more of them wasn't 'answering the phone at a Tattoo shop', she doesn't anymore and won't ever again until she gets them lasered off in 2 years time. The other guy was some dunderhead with a lovely magaluf tattoo, and the Cammy dude was a professional tattooist who said nothing of the sort about his kids, more 'I'll do it for them if they want it when they're old enough'. loving Channel 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread