Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome

Grouchio posted:

So how was Tsukimonogatari guys?

Somewhere between Nadeko Snake and Shinobu Time. Kind of a middling, weirdly plot-focused arc of Monogtari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

have the op and ed of ping pong been released yet? got the soundtrack but it doesn't include those

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yea, they're on separate singles. That's how most shows do it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

new ping pong comment: very annoyed that none of the 4 ping pong music albums i own now feature the christmas song version as used in the show, but only the original version

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

new ping pong comment: very annoyed that none of the 4 ping pong music albums i own now feature the christmas song version as used in the show, but only the original version

do anyone of them have the version of the hero song that smile hums?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i checked for you and they don't have the just humming version, they have the techno and children singing versions though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

If anybody was eagerly awaiting the Zvezda OVA, it got subs this week and is a boring episode about idols.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

dogsicle posted:

If anybody was eagerly awaiting the Zvezda OVA, it got subs this week and is a boring episode about idols.

I thought it was going to be about evil american baseball players! drat. Saving that for the second season then, if I can dream.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

dogsicle posted:

That's about what I expected :(
I couldn't see any way they could make a Zvezda OVA unless it was a bullshit cashgrab.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

That's about what I expected :(
I couldn't see any way they could make a Zvezda OVA unless it was a bullshit cashgrab.

Well I hoped they might pull something like the smoker episode again, and there definitely was a hint of it. But the only redeeming thing was a sorta cute robot-themed song Roboko sang.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Ugh, Cross Ange is such hot garbage, and they've cut corners all over the place when it comes to animation, the 1st episode had a completely unnecessary rape scene, and the tone is general is misogynistic as poo poo, but I'm actually interested in the story and plot. Every new episode I almost want to watch it but have to stop 5 minutes in and just wait for the wiki to update with a extensively detailed ploy synopsis rather then watch the whole thing.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

pentyne posted:

Ugh, Cross Ange is such hot garbage, and they've cut corners all over the place when it comes to animation, the 1st episode had a completely unnecessary rape scene, and the tone is general is misogynistic as poo poo, but I'm actually interested in the story and plot. Every new episode I almost want to watch it but have to stop 5 minutes in and just wait for the wiki to update with a extensively detailed ploy synopsis rather then watch the whole thing.

Fukuda, producer of Cross Ange posted:

Fukuda also informed fans that the opening sequence featured on television and the one included in the packaged version will be different, with the girls featured in one portion being naked in the home video version. He noted that since it would be boring with lots of censor bars during the television broadcast, the decision was made to put clothes on the characters.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-01-04/cross-ange-creative-producer-regrets-episode-13-opening/.82878

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Don't you just hate it when a creator's artistic vision gets stifled by draconian censorship laws?

Maybe that's why we hated Cross Ange, what we got was not true to the director's true intentions, which was an OP full of naked teens.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Picture this but they are all naked, this is Fukuda's vision. I dont loving understand, he isn't even the shows primary director, do the producers have that much weight in the decision making process?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It is good that there are still people in the anime industry who care about craft.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Picture this but they are all naked
I already am, Cao Ni Ma. I already am.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Personally I hope they will also make all the characters in this shot naked too. Anyway, good to see everyone is still "ironically" watching this show and giving it so much attention, maybe you'll some day get noticed as goons of refined anime taste.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

getting noticed as a goon of refined anime taste is like being king of the lepers

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

dogsicle posted:

is it uncensored?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I hate the fact that Cross Ange is becoming cool and good in that first half of valvrave trainwrecky way because it means I inevitably end up saying 'no no you should watch this show where a girl gets buttraped because' and at this rate i will undergo a hideous transformation into :tvtropes:

someone help what do I do

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Gyra_Solune posted:

I hate the fact that Cross Ange is becoming cool and good in that first half of valvrave trainwrecky way because it means I inevitably end up saying 'no no you should watch this show where a girl gets buttraped because' and at this rate i will undergo a hideous transformation into :tvtropes:

Stop watching it or telling other people to watch it you weird idiot.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

is it uncensored?

Nothing to censor. :shrug:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Gyra_Solune posted:

Don't trope

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Forgall posted:

Stop watching it or telling other people to watch it you weird idiot.

but i can't because i'm a weird idiot

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
At least stop posting.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

everyone who watches zvevzda and cross ange is a retard and highly likely also a pedophile

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gyra_Solune posted:

"Will undergo"? I've got some bad news for ya, buddy...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gyra_Solune you can like the show but you don't need to tell people to watch it

welp, peace

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

everyone who watches zvevzda and cross ange is a retard and highly likely also a pedophile

Zvezda is amazing and does not deserve this treatment. :colbert:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ViggyNash posted:

Zvezda is amazing and does not deserve this treatment. :colbert:

At least the girls in cross ange have graduated kindergarten.

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome

The Devil Tesla posted:

At least the girls in cross ange have graduated kindergarten.

Well, obviously. I mean, can you imagine how hard it would be for Cross Ange to spin the violent sexual assault of its main character as deserved karmic retribution for just being kind of a bitch if she was a minor. It's a terribly-written, exploitative, misogynist clusterfuck, but at least it's thinking of the children...

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It turns out the gross joke I made was even grosser than I intended. Thank you for discovering this.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The real gross joke is watching anime.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Anime is cool you dweeb.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Anime is for shitters.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Don't insult anime. I like anime, and insulting it makes me very upset. :colbert:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Anime is my life

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tesla, I cannot tell whether or not you're being ironic or hypocritical. What seems to be the case? (respond truthfully)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

This

• Locked thread