Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Supgaiz posted:

Games are so inclusive that the 11 people on camera right now are all 20 something white men!

Yeah fucker is insanely tone deaf, oh well!!

Been enjoying this run so far which is a bit of a surprise as I've not played any of the Wario Land games

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Mundi posted:

"Don't let anyone tell you gamers aren't inclusive"
Something like that.

Well there was a woman and an Asian there earlier. Inclusiveness achieved.

SevenStringGuru
Jun 6, 2003

Bob Loblaw Law covers all injuries, including those sustained while trying to 4x4 a segway.
Im lovin greenbeans run; hes so full of positive energy when he is playing. good vibes man

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

"Up next Wario Land 4"

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I kinda wish they had managed to fit splits into the screen. I'd really like to know how close these guys are to finishing for these runs I know nothing about.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
So far (lmao two games in) the commentators have been excellent. That's what I really want in these marathons. Either the runner should be constantly explaining what he's doing or have quality commentators.

Speaking of which, who's the short guy who did a lot of commentary last year and was on the highlight videos? He's pretty great, is he in anything this year?

Crain posted:

I kinda wish they had managed to fit splits into the screen. I'd really like to know how close these guys are to finishing for these runs I know nothing about.

Yeah, a display of WR/PB would be pretty cool.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Very few runs are attempts at PB or WR. Beating them is a nice bonus but just having a marathon goal displayed makes sense since 75%~ of runners missing a percieved PB/WR 'goal' might seem a bit underwhelming vs them getting decent times compared to their rough estimate.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
singing%

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
I am making such a face right now.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Oh gently caress no :stare:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

HUMAN FISH posted:

So far (lmao two games in) the commentators have been excellent. That's what I really want in these marathons. Either the runner should be constantly explaining what he's doing or have quality commentators.

Speaking of which, who's the short guy who did a lot of commentary last year and was on the highlight videos? He's pretty great, is he in anything this year?

Yeah, a display of WR/PB would be pretty cool.

Do you mean the actual little person(as opposed to just a generic description of someone that's shorter than average)? If so then that's Blechy and he'll be doing some commentary and a co-op play of Goof Troop.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
blueglass ashamed by the lack of real singing going on here

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
Now it's an official marathon.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
That is why the Arabs hate us.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Crain posted:

What's wrong with looking at the estimated time and the current time in the lower left?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think this is a WR for singing% in AGDQ.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

How many viewers did they lose there?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

MrBims posted:

That is why the Arabs hate us.

Well, it is Wario after all

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I really, really like the small audience setting and the forcing of a rotation so the same people can't just camp out the chairs.

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
Anyone remember two years ago when they did the Gangnam Style dance after a game and lost something like 30-40 thousand viewers?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Well, it is Wario after all

:razz:

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Crotch Bat posted:

Do you mean the actual little person(as opposed to just a generic description of someone that's shorter than average)? If so then that's Blechy and he'll be doing some commentary and a co-op play of Goof Troop.

Awesome, thanks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Man this commentator is real bad at talking.

Like I'm not even being mean to him, he just kinda is.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
gently caress whoever did the sound design for Banjo Kazooie

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

The music is amazing but BREEEE HAHAHAHAHHA ABREEEEE

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Most people don't roll and do long jumps all game tho...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Groovelord Neato posted:

Wait, you don't roll/special movement option all the time in games with those options?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah instead you HUTHUTHUTHUTHUTHUT BWOOOOOO HUTHUTHUT

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

You have clearly never played Banjo Kazooie.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I just used the Kazooie walk.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

mango sentinel posted:

You should have said that a few marathons ago. He was commentating over Skype for a run.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I never even played the Banjo games but AGDQ burned the sounds from them into my brain.

VROO VROO VROO VROO VROO :suicide:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dpbjinc posted:

You should have said that a few marathons ago. He was commentating over Skype for a run.

Did he apologize? Because he should have.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I think you need to have nostalgia for this game to enjoy this run. I dont, so gently caress it

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
This is your thread, and out of respect for goons, I should obviously have not done what I did. Speaking of this being your thread, I just want to say that I strongly advise you to not take it for granted. This thread is something special, always remember that.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
What's your preferred livestreamer player tho. VLC or MPC? I havent used it and I'm trying to figure out what's best. I'm using MPC and it seems ok. Still get some fair delay (15 seconds) vs some ppl I'm watching with who are only using the standard twitch stream.
It's probably just my average net. :shrug:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Good Citizen posted:

I think you need to have nostalgia for this game to enjoy this run.

It's one of the best platformers ever made so nah.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Well this run doesn't have great commentary. At least not from the runner. His couch is good about explaining things. Still too much dead air though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Crain posted:

Well this run doesn't have great commentary. At least not from the runner. His couch is good about explaining things. Still too much dead air though.

As far as I'm aware the couch people are going to do the majority of the commentary for most of the runs this marathon + they specifically were supposed to watch several runs of it beforehand so they know what and where to commentate and where's good places to stop for donation comments

You'll probably get a few runners who are solid at running and commentating simultaneously but it's not going to be as frequent

• Locked thread