Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Sleeveless posted:

According to five minutes on Google The Prevent Cancer Foundation is a non-profit with revenues of just $5.5 million per year but the top two executives make over half a million a year combined and non-program expenses are nearly a quarter of their budget. :waycool:

That's actually not terrible by charity standards. That's enough to get them a B+ on AIP/CharityWatch (used to be an A), and 3 out of 4 stars on Charity Navigator.

Hell, most charities don't even officially list their CEO and salary, nor the process by which salaries are determined; PCF does both. They aren't a perfect charity, but they're not likely to waste donations either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

precision posted:

The Gane cube controller was almost literally perfect

The only problem with it was the stupid Z button. It didn't clack pleasingly like the other shoulder buttons and pressing it was vaguely uncomfortable for young me

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yea the Z button was problematic

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

precision posted:

Agreed, Nintendo really made up for the awful poo poo that was the N64 controller.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The Wavebird was the best. I still have a few even though I'll probably never use them again. Still kick rear end though.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Accordion Man posted:

Agreed, Nintendo really made up for the awful poo poo that was the N64 controller.

what the n64 controller was and still is great for platformers.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

precision posted:

It's too small imo

I also don't get why Nintendo liked those non-round wells for the analog sticks, didn't make any sense to me

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The Wavebird was the best. I still have a few even though I'll probably never use them again. Still kick rear end though.

I have a set of them still. Recently hooked up my Gamecube to my HDTV gaming setup since the Wii U doesn't play Gamecube games and I have those component cables that are apparently stupid expensive on eBay that I bought way back in the day. Fun times. And I can play GBA games with the Game Boy Player. Living the life.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sleeveless posted:

According to five minutes on Google The Prevent Cancer Foundation is a non-profit with revenues of just $5.5 million per year but the top two executives make over half a million a year combined and non-program expenses are nearly a quarter of their budget. :waycool:

Some guy copy pasted your post into that thread for cred go kick his rear end

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ullerrm posted:

That's actually not terrible by charity standards. That's enough to get them a B+ on AIP/CharityWatch (used to be an A), and 3 out of 4 stars on Charity Navigator.

Hell, most charities don't even officially list their CEO and salary, nor the process by which salaries are determined; PCF does both. They aren't a perfect charity, but they're not likely to waste donations either.

At the very least it's still better than Child's Play.

Acquire Currency! posted:

Some guy copy pasted your post into that thread for cred go kick his rear end

Stop lurking and come and join us, Up to the Elves. All are welcome.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

It's too small imo

I also don't get why Nintendo liked those non-round wells for the analog sticks, didn't make any sense to me

they're good for a few things. its a lot easier to hit a direction exactly and stick to it in the hex. it is much harder to circle though.

i like the gc controller but i hate the c stick. I also don't like the digital click when you fully squeeze the analog shoulder triggers. I'd rather there be more shoulder buttons but that's probably just personal preference.

the idea of the gc controller as the best ever seems like it came out of nowhere last year. were people talking about it previously and i just missed it?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Those Hori Battle Pads that are basically Classic Controller Pros with a Gamecube controller design are pretty good. It replaced the analog triggers with the four top button triggers of the Classic Controller and has some weird turbo feature I haven't tried yet, but otherwise it feels great. And since it's a Classic Controller that has to plug into the Wii Remote, you can play Wii games and N64 VC games in Wii mode with it and it rules.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i've thought the wavebird was the best controller ever since it came out really. like, as soon as i held it, i was like "yes, this is what i want".

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

GameCube controller is the third best controller. The hori updated version of the GameCube is the second best even if it lacks analog triggers. The Wii U pro controller is the best. This also makes the Wii U literally the best console.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

GameCube controller is the third best controller. The hori updated version of the GameCube is the second best even if it lacks analog triggers. The Wii U pro controller is the best. This also makes the Wii U literally the best console.

Unfortunately, Meme runner invalidates this

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

precision posted:

Yea the Z button was problematic

extremely

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Best controller was the Neo Geo pocket.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also the Wii U pro controller is okay at best. It's basically a worse arranged 360 controller which was overrated as gently caress to begin with.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ullerrm posted:

Yeah, this.

Also it's worth watching, Wario Land 4 and DK got some good attention earlier today.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

axleblaze posted:

Also the Wii U pro controller is okay at best. It's basically a worse arranged 360 controller which was overrated as gently caress to begin with.

The 360 controller was a godsend for the PC because the stars aligned and Microsoft actually succeeded in standardizing PC controller support for almost everything release in the past decade.

Now if only they could figure out where to store saves so I don't have a Documents folder full of folders from games I installed years ago.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

axleblaze posted:

Wii U pro controller is the best.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Really not sure if I should play this or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM7FsSJpVac

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Wii U pro controller is the best.

I don't see it. It's fine I suppose but I don't really what remotely makes it better than the other options.

Generally I don't like the buttons being under the stick. It also has rounded sticks like everyone always bitched about on the ds3.

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 5, 2015

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Any game where you haul around a chicken by the neck is some kind of game!

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

So I'm playing Far Cry 3, and in addition to the "white man sees the heart of darkness from the noble savages and the big titty temple queen" or whatever the gently caress, apparently there's also a Pulp Fiction style exploitation homorape scene

gently caress You Ubisoft

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

So I'm playing Far Cry 3, and in addition to the "white man sees the heart of darkness from the noble savages and the big titty temple queen" or whatever the gently caress, apparently there's also a Pulp Fiction style exploitation homorape scene

gently caress You Ubisoft

you should try reading the rps interview with the main writer then

it's as if the word pretentious came to life

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Homo rape is really good.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

also the protagonist has got to be some kind of Aryan Ubermensch, dude's broken so many bones and gotten his eardrums burst so many times he should've been dead within like 10 minutes of the game

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

icantfindaname posted:

apparently there's also a Pulp Fiction style exploitation homorape scene

It's a game about literal white slavery, if anything the game goes easy on the rape.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
yo i dont gas threads hope this helps

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Far Cry 4's secret ending is actually pretty clever unlike everything I've heard about 3.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being a story one respectable adult could recommend to another, and 10 being Far Cry 3, how loving stupid is Far Cry 4's story?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

icantfindaname posted:

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being a story one respectable adult could recommend to another, and 10 being Far Cry 3, how loving stupid is Far Cry 4's story?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gameplay wise it's a lot lot more fun and that's what you should actually care about

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
yeah if you dont find farcry 3's game fun and are focusing on white man bullshit you're an idiot who doesnt enjoy games

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Far Cry 3's gameplay was okay for a few hours, and then you liberate your 8th or 9th base and realize that this is pretty much gonna be it without much variation.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
My favorite game news is that Patrick Klepek's new place of employment was announced and of course it's Kotaku :rolleyes:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ahundredbux posted:

My favorite game news is that Patrick Klepek's new place of employment was announced and of course it's Kotaku :rolleyes:

I have a sneaking suspicion that being blissfully ignorant of who that is, is better than the alternative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
uncharted is a bad game watching a speed runner destroy it was great

• Locked thread