Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I think the most important thing to ask is if one of the voice sets for that race is going to be done by LK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Rhonne posted:

Will the Freeza race characters be able to transform? Will I get to customize each of my forms?

From all the info I've seen, they will not get any extra transformations except for a boost in the form of Kaio-Ken. You will, however, be able to dress them up like a number of Freeza-ish things, with bits from Cooler's Final Form, the Dragon Ball Heroes Freeza clan characters, or you can put them in regular-rear end outfits, like all the others. Said regular outfits include various things like a the standard Saiyan/WTO Armors, the Sun Wukong promo outfit for Goku, a couple version of Trunks' outfits, Baba's henchmen from Dragon Ball, Videl and even Hercule's costume pieces. You can even have one wear Hercule's afro as a wig. You heard that right. You can make a member of Freeza's race emulate THE CHAMP.

Edit: VVVVV beta test has happened, demo might happen some time this month, and the game's coming out on five different platforms including Steam.

StrifeHira fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 4, 2015

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
On one hand decent character customization and what if scenarios, on the other the fact that I've never really liked any 3d DBZ games.

Anyone know if there's a demo coming?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What is the Freeza race actually called? Surely it isn't just "Freeza race."

Also steam mentions multiplayer and co-op on the side, what's that all about?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Countblanc posted:

What is the Freeza race actually called? Surely it isn't just "Freeza race."

Also steam mentions multiplayer and co-op on the side, what's that all about?

Freeza clan/clansmen is the official term being used. Multiplayer is available along with Online Multiplayer, one being local one-on-one and the other being up to 3-on-3.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
EDIT: Wait, nvm.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jan 4, 2015

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
They're Arcosians, but Toei will never admit it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Esroc posted:

They're Arcosians, but Toei will never admit it.

Never use the A word

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It would be funny if you start as Freeza's final form and then gradually unlock transformations that limits your power, so you eventually get to suppress enough power to reach Freeza stage 1.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
And the worst DBM special since I started following this thing is finally over thank god

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Blargh, now I'm sad that I rocketed through that entire series. I want more now and I'm all caught up. :(

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

New Leaf posted:

Blargh, now I'm sad that I rocketed through that entire series. I want more now and I'm all caught up. :(

There's always GT! :downs:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

WickedHate posted:

There's always GT! :downs:

I meant DBM haha, but there's never a reason to watch GT.

What are my best options to watch Dragonball dubbed? Crunchyroll or something?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

New Leaf posted:

What are my best options to watch Dragonball dubbed? Crunchyroll or something?
Watch up to namek, restart.
Watch up to arrival of Ginyu's, restart.
Watch up to the start of the fight with freeza, restart.
Watch up to goku goes Super, restart.
Watch up to like namek, Randomly rewatch goku vs Vegeta episodes, watch up to end of arc. Restart

Repeat this with every arc, but after Freeza you can move the restart point around.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Zedd posted:

Watch up to like namek, Randomly rewatch goku vs Vegeta episodes, watch up to end of arc. Restart

Repeat this with every arc, but after Freeza you can move the restart point around.

Also, only watch it at a time of day when you would have finished middleschool. Be sure to rush home, run to your room, and miss the first few minutes of each episode.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Zedd posted:

Now I remember why I never saw this show in full for a number of years.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hah, yeah.. that's how I used to watch too. I remember when Goku went super I called my buddy and we screamed about it for a while. But I meant the original Dragonball, not DBZ. I've seen all of that a zillion times.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Thinking about those early Funimation dub episodes, they really hosed over the Ginyu character with that horrible wrestling voice they gave him. I seem to recall Ocean giving him a more refined voice, but his newer voice, holy gently caress.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v30HToswDs

Ginyu Force Rules :toot:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Does Vegeta ever say Krillin's name over the course of the entire series?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The last time Krillin does any significant fighting which would allow him to interact with Vegeta was during the arc where Vegeta was being a dick to his own son.

So no, I doubt it.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Hah, yeah.. that's how I used to watch too. I remember when Goku went super I called my buddy and we screamed about it for a while. But I meant the original Dragonball, not DBZ. I've seen all of that a zillion times.

Subtitled, it's all on Hulu but they only have five episodes of dubbed Dragonball. What on Earth?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The last time Krillin does any significant fighting which would allow him to interact with Vegeta was during the arc where Vegeta was being a dick to his own son.

So no, I doubt it.

I want to say he might have said it during the Buu saga when taunting Gohan about how Piccolo and Krillan were weak for being turned to stone by Dabura. Although maybe he just called them weak.

Edit: He does it at least once in the dub during this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSJodgDKaxw

Cozz fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 5, 2015

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

facebook jihad posted:

And the worst DBM special since I started following this thing is finally over thank god

That seemed to end on a cliffhanger. You know they're going to do more on Bojack.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Cozz posted:

I want to say he might have said it during the Buu saga when taunting Gohan about how Piccolo and Krillan were weak for being turned to stone by Dabura. Although maybe he just called them weak.

Edit: He does it at least once in the dub during this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSJodgDKaxw

Vegeta is so crazily over the top angry in this scene that the only way it makes sense looking back is when he admits he was faking it, especially after watching stuff like Battle of the Gods where he seems way more relaxed.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Stallion Cabana posted:

Vegeta is so crazily over the top angry in this scene that the only way it makes sense looking back is when he admits he was faking it, especially after watching stuff like Battle of the Gods where he seems way more relaxed.

Well that's also not long before he willingly lets himself be brainwashed so he can be more evil. Vegeta just mellowed out after his revelation during the Kid Buu fight.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
Hes in the middle of his mid-life crisis.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

dbzfandiego posted:

Hes in the middle of his mid-life crisis.

Unplanned pregnancies will do that to ya. Eventually you learn to just relax, spend a nice day with the family and reschedule your training time to mustache time.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

WickedHate posted:

Well that's also not long before he willingly lets himself be brainwashed so he can be more evil. Vegeta just mellowed out after his revelation during the Kid Buu fight.

I don't think he took the Majin power-up to be evil again, nor was he successfully brainwashed. That was just his excuse so he could goad Goku into a match. Remember that he fought the increase in sadism that comes from it and Babidi's control just fine to hug Trunks and sacrifice himself against Buu. When he took the power-up it was mostly out of arrogance. He saw a way to bridge the gap between him and Goku (or so he believed :classiclol:) and assumed he'd be powerful enough on his own to tell Babidi to gently caress off and keep the power, and as an added bonus after he defeated Goku he'd get a new enemy in the form of Majin Buu to battle against. Since its well established that Saiyans live for that poo poo.

His nuking of the stadium is meaningless since every main character knows death has no real consequence in their Universe. At best you wish them back, and at worst they end up in a baller Otherworld chillin' with Gods and heroes of yesteryear while waiting for their loved ones to kick it and come join the party.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cozz posted:

Is this the anime's original music?

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jan 5, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The actual songs lyics are pretty much just as cheesy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyAEB8TPs1g

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I've always liked that Gohan/Vegeta scene. I really wish the two of them would have interacted more in the Buu saga. That could've been an interesting dynamic.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Kurtofan posted:

Is this the original's anime music?

That's Bruce Falconer's score. He was pretty much the one who made new music for DBZ when it Funimation got the license to get all the other episodes.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I kind of like it (I've never watched any English language dubs of the series).

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Yeah, Faulconer wrote some pretty good pieces for the series.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The problem - and it's not his fault - was that they were played constantly. There was never a silent moment in the old Funimation dub.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Blockhouse posted:

The problem - and it's not his fault - was that they were played constantly. There was never a silent moment in the old Funimation dub.

I think thats the fairest thing i've seen written about Faulconer's work. Good, but used poorly.

I wonder whos to blame for that. :raise: No, really, does the artist get to decide how its used in the pacing? That's got to be someone elses job right?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Blockhouse posted:

There was and still is never silence in any american cartoon show aimed at young kids. This wasn't just a DBZ toonami thing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Cozz posted:

Yep, you've got me. I swore for years that he didn't say it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

The actual songs lyics are pretty much just as cheesy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyAEB8TPs1g

The singing about parfait and refusing to share got me good.

• Locked thread