Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA89RWCnE1c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
I spent $1200 signing a lease on an apartment so I can move for a job that won't cover my student loans. But I followed my dream so it's supposed to all work out, right?

:cry:

jadeddrifter
Feb 18, 2014

tentawesome posted:

I spent $1200 signing a lease on an apartment so I can move for a job that won't cover my student loans. But I followed my dream so it's supposed to all work out, right?

:cry:

I think you are posting in the wrong spot

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
If you get ragged on constantly, your friends are assholes and you should probably find new ones. I drove a Miata ('04 Mazdaspeed) for 8 years and I think I got a very tiny handful of joking comments about it in total. It was a ton of fun, I loved that car even though I could barely buy groceries with it. I used to joke that I could only have one friend at a time.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Robawesome posted:

download some pretty profiles

Where are you getting your profiles from? A few months ago they were scarce so I gave up.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bhodi posted:

If you get ragged on constantly, your friends are assholes and you should probably find new ones.

I don't think you actually have friends.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

If the UK counts as Europe then I've got to call bullshit.
Last year a buddy of mine we hadn't seen for a whole came down for a stag weekend in his soft-top Mazda he was ragged for the whole weekend.
It's piss all to do with it not being a big car. It's more that it's a girlie looking car.

I don't know how the UK is about cars. I live in a super liberal city where even having a car at all is considered a bit irresponsible, and Mazda 3s are the most common car on the road. I think they look great personally.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Reverse Centaur posted:

I don't know how the UK is about cars. I live in a super liberal city where even having a car at all is considered a bit irresponsible, and Mazda 3s are the most common car on the road. I think they look great personally.

Sounds like a poo poo place

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

PCOS Bill posted:

Sounds like a poo poo place

It's terrible, but not for those reasons.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

rock2much posted:

Where are you getting your profiles from? A few months ago they were scarce so I gave up.

It was quite a while ago but I'm pretty sure I just got mine from here

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=248

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nobody drives around here because there are too many loving cars and parking is impossible god damnitt gently caress!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

Nobody drives around here because there are too many loving cars and parking is impossible god damnitt gently caress!

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded"

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

1) Oslo is super liberal, I've got more poo poo from my friends for buying a car than what type it is.

2) If there is a stereotype about the MX-5 it has probably imported along with your rock and roll music and your motion pictures.

3) It is a cute car. I like that it is a cute car.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

lookslikerain posted:

1) Oslo is super liberal, I've got more poo poo from my friends for buying a car

They sound like winners.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I'm usually not into collectibles or figures but gently caress me this one was too cool

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

PCOS Bill posted:

They sound like winners.

This but unironically.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

To the guy who bought the MX-5: let your awesome flag fly. My dad had a Miata ages ago and it was the best little car.

To contribute: I bought this absolute loving tank of a stir fry pan. Normally these are like $300 or more, I got it for $150. I'm going to cook EVERYTHING.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

strangemusic posted:

To the guy who bought the MX-5: let your awesome flag fly.

So does the awesome flag have a rainbow on it?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Lol at people talking about a car being gay or girlie in the year 2014, what a life

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't think anyone is saying that the car is gay. That doesn't even make any sense. They're just saying the car is mainly driven by gay people. It's the mesh shirt of automobiles.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Those On My Left posted:

Lol at people talking about a car being gay or girlie in the year 2014, what a life

What year?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

hahaha dammit

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Yeah, it's 2015 and all cars are heterosexual. Content - this is probably the best diet soda I've ever had.

I grew up on an aged vanilla farm and I can tell you first hand, you can really taste the aged vanilla.

Also, my Solara is gayer than a Miata. I'd take a rwd car over it any day.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

colas posted:

Also, my Solara is gayer than a Miata

Wow, yeah it is.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Apparently Subaru is for gays too? I had no idea

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Straight cars drive like this

Gay cars drive like thith

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I have a green Mazda 2, that poo poo is the gayest poo poo you have ever seen

People don't even get mad when I honk at them because it looks like the car is smiling. Plus my roof is below their rear window.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SaltLick posted:

Apparently Subaru is for gays too? I had no idea

Just the Forester

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome

jadeddrifter posted:

I agree. I wouldn't buy one. There are other cars that are just as fun to drive and aren't so girlie. With that said I would never fault a guy for having one, because they are fun.

I have a Miata and it is fun as gently caress. Who cares if it looks girly. For the price, it's really hard to match the fun factor while being reliable as hell.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

My car is convertible, it doesn't subscribe to your narrow hardtop-privileged view of sexual identity.

EDIT: to the person below me, if you can't pull off blue wingtip boots GIVE THEM TO ME - curse the sizing being too small though. Those look so good!

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 05:35 on Jan 5, 2015

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Stavrogin posted:

First house! I'm returning to join the ranks of Grand Rapids goons.

Nice! Glad you found one near where you wanted to be.

I have a friend who's a shoe designer. They have a couple sample size (9) pairs made of whatever shoes they're working on to determine whether to go to production. As a result, he has a lot of unworn shoes. I scored these for $10 a pair. All Sebago, one Nike.

Prototype from the line they did with Filson

These were rejected for fall 2014 but are coming in 2015 in a different color/material.

I have no idea how I'm going to pull off blue wingtip boots.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

You'll never pull off those boots...so send them to me.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I found this nice 33 1/2 RPM record at the local goodwill today.

Front Cover:

Back Cover:

Looks like it is from 1974, it is a little beat up but that art work is pretty awesome looking and is in decent shape for its age. Not sure what the heck I am going to do with it for now, probably toss it into my closet until I move, than I can maybe figure out some space to display it or something.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
My birthday is in three weeks. Two years ago I got myself a new car as a birthday present. Last year it was a new watch. This year I get to pay off my credit card after christmas, a brake fluid service for the car and a new dishwasher to replace the one that broke yesterday :smith:

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Rythe posted:

I found this nice 33 1/2 RPM record at the local goodwill today.

Front Cover:

Back Cover:

Looks like it is from 1974, it is a little beat up but that art work is pretty awesome looking and is in decent shape for its age. Not sure what the heck I am going to do with it for now, probably toss it into my closet until I move, than I can maybe figure out some space to display it or something.

Neat. I got a turntable for x-mas, I would never think of looking for vinyl at Goodwill.

colas has a new favorite as of 11:45 on Jan 5, 2015

colas
Feb 14, 2007

One of my favorites.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

Just the Forester

Which I've heard people referring to as a lesbaru (only the forester though)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The great REI Garage Sale was this weekend, so I snagged a couple things.

REI Adventures Pants.

JOOS Orange to charge my iPhone & GPS when I'm out camping.

I then went to a Goodwill & found these in my size.

Adidas Stan Smith Adicolor Tron BL4's.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

colas posted:

Neat. I got a turntable for x-mas, I would never think of looking for vinyl at Goodwill.

You can find some neat stuff there, but usually it's all scratched to poo poo and the jackets/sleeves are torn to poo poo. Definitely worth a look though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I picked this up on Saturday.

Amazon was running a $50 credit and $50 off the MSRP, which was $400, so it's the console and games for $350.
The buying options were for the console or the console and gift card, the promotion ended on Saturday. When I went to buy it, the gift card option wasn't there, so I emailed customer service, who knocked off $50 off the price after I sent them my order number, and then yesterday I got the gift card notification in the mail, so I got $100 off the system and a free game. Amazon:h: