Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Some of the earlier kind of crappy runs like the Cart Racers could have honestly been saved by having couch commentators that were equally as good as these. Commentary is so important in these marathons and some people just seem to be bad at it even with like 4 people on the couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
The only thing this is missing is ChipCheezum.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

exclusive footage of nathan drake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6JHaBVySTA

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
This couch group is great lol

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I"m gonna retire from Uncharted.

*dies*

I"m gonna retire too.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

goldjas posted:

Some of the earlier kind of crappy runs like the Cart Racers could have honestly been saved by having couch commentators that were equally as good as these. Commentary is so important in these marathons and some people just seem to be bad at it even with like 4 people on the couch.

Speedrunners or video game nerds in general aren't known for being well-spoken and interesting to listen to :shrug:
Makes it all the more wonderful when you get some really good commentators, though.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
The truck is the final boss.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Your Computer posted:

Knew he was good when he actually mentioned that they can't hear the donation readouts well and apologized in advance. Finally someone said it (they have that problem every year, it seems) :allears:

Only way to fix that is to headset everyone with the host audio feed, or maybe hack up a big "host speaking" sign when the host is talking. There isn't a way to have a clear speaker by the couch audible over the game that also won't echo from the couch/runner mics.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

goldjas posted:

This is understandable but it's a 160+ hour event with a multitude of games over a lot of platforms some of which have tiny runner communities anyway so you're just not going to get excellent commentary every game every day for the whole event.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
"Shoutout to that guy. Whoever he is"

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

"hold on" *pulls weakest jump ever*

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Just a warning if you go to that sponsor site as <blah>autistic in your browser it's a malicious website that will compromise your computer so don't go to it.

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006
Drake phases through a wall while female protagonist immediately sprints off somewhere else to meet up. This must happen a lot.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Nice save there dude.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
"Who's this then?"

"No one" *phases through wall*

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god :allears:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

:stare:

This run....

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Casually skipping chapter 8 to 11.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
*Drake phases through wall* Guard: "There he is! :gonk:"

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
No signal while rolling. He's breaking the ps3 too

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006

Your Computer posted:

*Drake phases through wall* Guard: "There he is! :gonk:"

*Drake phases through gate 50 feet away* "... I don't get paid enough for this."

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This dude holds the WR at 48:50. He seems to be on a really great pace.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
for those of you just joining us here's a summary of the uncharted run thus far

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Jump into the void!

Also lol Chapter 16 already.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The secret door to...absolutely nothing! :laffo:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

lol at the door to nothing

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
This is the first good run I've seen so far, I didn't catch anything before the end of the banjo kazooie so I can't say it's the first good run of the marathon, but this seems like the first one that actually seems like the previous years.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

The secret door to the white void.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Did they tell the reader to just interrupt whenever to read donations? It's really annoying.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

pointlessone posted:

This is the first good run I've seen so far, I didn't catch anything before the end of the banjo kazooie so I can't say it's the first good run of the marathon, but this seems like the first one that actually seems like the previous years.

Donkey Kong: TF and Wario Land 4 were two great runs to start the marathon.

Also, TASbot.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh, so that's what phase space looks like.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Absolutely nothing... This couch is great.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Elena reminding everyone she's in this game too

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

:wtc: Who is doing the filtering here, who gives a gently caress about the backwards alphabet? The reader is awful.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

LET'S PLAY

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Crotch Bat posted:

Did they tell the reader to just interrupt whenever to read donations? It's really annoying.

He's not really interrupting anything though dude,

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Poultron posted:

He's not really interrupting anything though dude,

He has multiple times broken in when they were trying to say something.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Kill the animals, love you, mom.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Reader is doing just fine. Let him be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Kill the animals, love you, mom.

• Locked thread