Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
uh, ya know these best of's tend to just make me have a burning dislike of all cbb fans for having bad taste, and end up probably hating the show...but I'm really glad they reminded me of Coco Marx...the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Little Button Puss, Geno, and all the other lesser-known/one-off character episodes are waaaaay funnier than Cake Boss episode #9 and the other canonical episodes IMO. I'm sure I'm in the small minority but it's actually a good opinion time and not a bad one time.

Andy Daly playing ten characters at once = Yngwie Malmsteen, Jon Daly yelling "WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?!?!" a million times until he pisses off Scott and Jenny Slate = B.B. King is basically what I'm trying to say.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Like 10 episodes in the top 15 have PFT or Lauren Lapkus in them and I think they both asked people to vote on Twitter so maybe that's a part of it. They're good episodes but yeah I agree that the Victor + Tiny/Calvin Twins/Little Button Puss eps were way better. The list makes more sense if you reverse it I think

Also it's weird that the Cake Boss episode that made the top 15 was the exorcism thing and not Pie Minister with Tears For Fears

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

the main draw of the bests of for me is PFT and Scott loving around. then it's just highlights from the past year. I can't even remember nor do I care what order they were in.

This is the best opinion about the Best Of eps so far.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Also remembering what each episode was can be hard when all you're given is the name (which benefits sequel episodes) and who is in it (which benefits regular players like Paulf and Lapkis).

If you wanted to take these biases away they should keep a running tally of votes throughout the year so when episodes come out fresh people can vote them up or down. Or not give a poo poo and listen to eight hours of PFT and Scott shoot the poo poo while introducing mostly episodes of PFT and Scott shooting the poo poo.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Like 10 episodes in the top 15 have PFT or Lauren Lapkus in them and I think they both asked people to vote on Twitter so maybe that's a part of it. They're good episodes but yeah I agree that the Victor + Tiny/Calvin Twins/Little Button Puss eps were way better. The list makes more sense if you reverse it I think

Also it's weird that the Cake Boss episode that made the top 15 was the exorcism thing and not Pie Minister with Tears For Fears

I feel like that's more about Matt Gourley's HR Giger than Cake Boss, Giger is hilarious.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

tnimark posted:

This is the best opinion about the Best Of eps so far.

Thirded. I don't vote; I don't care what got votes. Scott and Paul egging each other on for a few hours is real Best Of.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I also like they went really 'behind the scenes' this year. It was interesting hearing about Daly relistening to all of his previous cbb appearances to prep for the showdown .

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I guess that explains why Nurse Andi Callahan showed up.

Yeah, the voting poll definitely benefits sequel episodes.

The shame of no Gino in the top ten is almost as bad as Filipino Blockbuster not making it last year. I thought that episode was so weird and amazing. It may just be that I really like Eugene Cordero. Both of whom were amazing on the most recent Improv4Humans, as they always are.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
gently caress the best-of, why didn't anyone inform me that there was new year's day #sentimentoff?

https://storify.com/ahab99/closing-...=sfy.co-twitter

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Jon Daly yelling "WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?!?!" a million times until he pisses off Scott and Jenny Slate

Hahah I forgot about that. That ruled.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
John Gemberling totally intended Little Button Puss to be spelt Little Butt 'n' Puss, right? Then whoever uploaded that episode misheard it and it stuck.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Voting for things on the internet is still largely dominated by nerds, and nerds love anything complicated and "canonical" with a "universe" that has lot of characters and references they can nerd out over. loving nerds.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

FitFortDanga posted:

Voting for things on the internet is still largely dominated by nerds, and nerds love anything complicated and "canonical" with a "universe" that has lot of characters and references they can nerd out over. loving nerds.

I just liked the performance, but I'm a nerd

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I've been listening to some 2014 episodes and one that I forgot was very, very good is Bro Boarders with Matt Walsh and Tim Simons.

Are you karate kidding me?

Great bread, bro.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

tnimark posted:

I've been listening to some 2014 episodes and one that I forgot was very, very good is Bro Boarders with Matt Walsh and Tim Simons.

Are you karate kidding me?

Great bread, bro.

gently caress that is a great one, I'll need to give it a relisten.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I remembered being kinda disappointed by this year's Time Bobby, but goddamn the ZIIIIP part was fantastic.

Them talking about Andy Daly's ability to juggle those characters gave me a new appreciation for him too.

Agreed that Gino should have been in there somewhere. EDIT: and no Russ?!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Vague rant enjoys things, but only for the first time. It's weird, but since he's been posting here I'm sure the amount of repetition humour in CBB has gone WAY up.
e: like, it feels that within a fortnight of him discovering the show, they sang the same song 10 times.
Nah, I'd been listening for longer, but when I started complaining is when they kicked it up a notch...so... :smith:

Fuckin' cantina song, goddamn it.

GraPar posted:

John Gemberling totally intended Little Button Puss to be spelt Little Butt 'n' Puss, right? Then whoever uploaded that episode misheard it and it stuck.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

kdrudy posted:

I feel like that's more about Matt Gourley's HR Giger than Cake Boss, Giger is hilarious.

Ever since I first heard this in Super Ego, I can't say 'Ridley Scott' normally.

At all.

VVV It's okay, it counts for double if nobody can mention the Riiiidelay Scoontch the same way twice.

Hotwire fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 5, 2015

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Ryyyyyyyyydely Scotch

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
You sonofabitch

Hotwire posted:

Ever since I first heard this in Super Ego, I can't say 'Ridley Scott' normally.

At all.

Reiiiiidley Scooooooonch.

Seriously, Hey Really Giger absolutely made that episode, and The Reverend Parsimony was a great new character. It absolutely deserved to be in the countdown, if not necessarily as high as it was.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

It makes me want to re-listen to The Travel Bug with August Lindt, my absolute favorite episode of any podcast, which has some outstanding Giger work.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

My daughter loves Tiny & Victor, but she'd never heard the original appearance. I forgot how much the phrase "farting fuckfaces" was used in that episode, not that she didn't find that absolutely delightful.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Aww yiss, first ep of the new year has Benny Schwaa and Horatio :getin:

EDIT: Horatio has the best stories.

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jan 5, 2015

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

kdrudy posted:

It makes me want to re-listen to The Travel Bug with August Lindt, my absolute favorite episode of any podcast, which has some outstanding Giger work.

Let's Talk About Comedy with August Lindt.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Horatio and Benny. No solo bolo here.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The story of emptying out a container of booze and filling it with water is a good prank for any AA folks.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I still don't know what the bolo in solo bolo means

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

it rhymes with solo

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Bologna, because they're hammin' it up

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Benny Schwazz singing the theme to DuckTales as a song called Fish Poo? This year's off to a great start

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I really really hope Benny gets to do a one-off podcast on Earwolf. I really hope he does anything silly I can put into my ears.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
This is going to sound crazy but I think Ben Schwartz might sing a bit too much.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Gargamel Gibson posted:

This is going to sound crazy but I think Ben Schwartz might sing a bit too much.

I thought BOT was over.

Ok henceforth BOT is over for the time being and must be reopened before any bad opinions are allowed in this thread.

the floor is however open for questions

cams
Mar 28, 2003

This episode should have been titled "Young Latina Rides Big Cock"

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

I thought BOT was over.

Ok henceforth BOT is over for the time being and must be reopened before any bad opinions are allowed in this thread.

Why do people die?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Did Uncle Stoney not give any LA driving directions or did I just miss it?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

How are cars made?

Harvey Wallbanger
Aug 15, 2009
you guys
http://news.discovery.com/animals/bi-color-cardinal-mystery-110531.htm

“In just a few hours I learned, in a reply to one of my Web queries, that this bird is an extremely rare bilateral gynandromorph cardinal,” Ammann said.
“Quite a mouthful to say, but this means a genetic mistake occurred during the first cell division of the fertilized ovum, causing one of the cells produced by this division to be male and the other to be female. As this egg developed, the entire right side remained female and the left side remained male,” Ammann continued.

IT'S A SIDE-BY-SIDER

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
wow holy poo poo. so I might have been influenced by having a good day today but when Benny Schwazz goes into the story about his sexscene and Scott and Horatio calling him a loving nerd and it escalating from there I had to do an old-man-bending-over-and-holding-his-knees-because-i'm-laughing-so-hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

ImPureAwesome posted:

Why do people die?

Gargamel Gibson posted:

How are cars made?

I think yall just answered each other's questions.