Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Infamous SS for 20 bucks is a steal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

kizudarake posted:

I have a decent set of headphones with no microphone. Is there an adapter with built in mic that will let me plug them in to my ps4 controller and use the headphones for audio?

These headphones are cans, and I'm trying to avoid buying the playstation gold or silver headphones, so a price of >15-20 would be preferred.

I read that the normal iPhone headphones create a beeping sound over party chat.

Someone posted this awhile back if you want to use your own headphones.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Any idea why my PS4 will only boot into safe mode? Nothing I do seems to work, every option just gives me "An error has occurred (CE-34395-5)".

omg chael crash fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 5, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I could have sworn everyone was making GBS threads all over Second Son when it came out, has the opinion changed or do I remember wrong?

I liked 1 and 2 for reference.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

When it came out people were starving for cool exclusives and then they just binged on it in a weekend, then felt like maybe it wasn't worth full price (I was one of those). I don't think there were many people who thought it was poo poo, though. I'm excited for First Light to go on PS+!

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

precision posted:

I could have sworn everyone was making GBS threads all over Second Son when it came out, has the opinion changed or do I remember wrong?

It's a smaller world than 1 and 2 and it's a bit repetitive but it's still a very solid good looking game

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

precision posted:

I liked it more then 1 and 2. Mostly because 1 and 2 took a long time to travel.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

I didn't dig what I played of 1 or 2 but I really enjoyed Second Son :shobon:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
It was an ok game that I think i remember badly because I binged on it to do everything in the first playthrough.

That being said, I don't really think I am a fan of the gameplay of the infamous games. I enjoy the mobility options, but they pretty much made all of your super powers feel like guns.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I liked Second Son and it's my first legit platinum (Walking Dead doesn't really count) but there's no way I would've bought it/liked it if it came out this holiday instead of near launch. It served its purpose during the game drought, just like Watch Dogs.

titties posted:

I avoided this by having a bunch of kids while I was in my teens and early 20's. Now that I'm in my mid-30's I can play games and ignore my kids like god intended. Sorry about your lovely friends.

I avoided it by not being a filthy breeder and spending all of my plentiful extra money on video games and other high tech gadgets, which love me much more than a child ever could. Also extra bedrooms are like $200,000 a pop here, so no one has kids and we're basically turning into a mini Japan.

Friends can be good friends without playing video games btw.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

The Quality-Of-Life increase is huge with an SSD

On a PC sure, but not on a PS4. An SSHD will give you a lot more capacity for much cheaper and will give you close to the same performance increase which, on the PS4, isn't really that much.

(The E50 is the SSD)

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

On a PC sure, but not on a PS4. An SSHD will give you a lot more capacity for much cheaper and will give you close to the same performance increase which, on the PS4, isn't really that much.

(The E50 is the SSD)

I do hope we get hybrids with more SSD storage in them eventually.

Also, is it true that a hybrid drive doesn't run as hot as a normal HDD?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Reverse Centaur posted:

I avoided it by not being a filthy breeder and spending all of my plentiful extra money on video games and other high tech gadgets, which love me much more than a child ever could.

why didn't anyone tell me that was an option?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

(The E50 is the SSD)

Wow this is a terrible chart

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

precision posted:

People got mad because they platinumed it in a weekend (meaning they played it for 20 hours in two days)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Surlaw posted:

People got mad because they platinumed it in a weekend (meaning they played it for 20 hours in two days)

It does not remotely take 20 hours to platinum Second Sun. I was only a little away from Platinuming it on a single playthrough and that was like 7 hours tops.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*

ImpAtom posted:

It does not remotely take 20 hours to platinum Second Sun. I was only a little away from Platinuming it on a single playthrough and that was like 7 hours tops.

It'll take two full play throughs for a platinum. Granted... If you collect everything you need in the first play through, then the second can be much shorter.

If you're just playing the game, and not rushing through it as fast as you can, your first play through, if you're clearing everything you can it's generally going to take longer than 7 hours.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The main game alone is around 10, plus time spent doing all the side content/a second play through/messing around and having fun instead of rushing through. And if you don't spend an hour or two in Photo Mode something's wrong.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

McFunkerson posted:

It'll take two full play throughs for a platinum. Granted... If you collect everything you need in the first play through, then the second can be much shorter.

If you're just playing the game, and not rushing through it as fast as you can, your first play through, if you're clearing everything you can it's generally going to take longer than 7 hours.

7 hours was with most of the collectables done, all areas freed, ect. A second playthrough on evil where I just rammed my way through would add extra time but not enough to get near 20.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Maybe you're just unusually fast at video games because that's really not average at all.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

inFAMOUS: Second Son is a great loving game...probably my favorite in the series.

But holy gently caress do NOT do those Paper Trail missions. They are insufferable and you get some dumb jackets as a reward.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Kirios posted:

inFAMOUS: Second Son is a great loving game...probably my favorite in the series.

But holy gently caress do NOT do those Paper Trail missions. They are insufferable and you get some dumb jackets as a reward.

Wait do I not get paper powers for doing this poo poo?

Because god drat this ARG nonsense was gonna have Paper powers

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Wait do I not get paper powers for doing this poo poo?

Because god drat this ARG nonsense was gonna have Paper powers

You do *NOT* get paper powers. Do not make the same mistake I did.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kirios posted:

I didn't finish it but what the gently caress? No paper powers even though the entire everything made it look that way? What a ridiculous cop-out.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Kirios posted:

Samurai Sanders posted:

I didn't finish it but what the gently caress? No paper powers even though the entire everything made it look that way? What a ridiculous cop-out.

Couldn't put it better myself. Is there even a boss fight in it?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Couldn't put it better myself. Is there even a boss fight in it?

No. You go to a spot, sometimes shoot bad guys, take pictures of a crime scene, then solve some bullshit riddle on a website or two. For six loving parts, each with three missions. It takes ~4 hours to complete and that's all you get. It's probably the worst DLC I've ever played.

Edit: Here are the rewards: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/25/infamous-second-son-paper-trail-possibly-hints-to-sequel-here-are-all-the-rewards-spoilers/

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I started playing Tomb Raider the other day, and I knew after 20 minutes that it was a mistake to ignore these (scripted) action-adventures for so long. I'm having a lot of fun. Are there any similar games available for the PS4 right now?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you haven't played The Last of Us get that, also Infamous: Second Son and LotR: Shadow of Mordor could work, though they're a bit more open world.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
It's not quite what you're looking for but it's old-fashioned gameplay done right, check out Diablo 3.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Sony just posed PS Now subscription details on the PS blog:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/05/playstation-now-subscription-program-all-the-details/#sf6733256

$19.99 for one month or $44.99 for 3. Little more than I was hoping, but it really depends on the game selection (and your internet)

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Athenry posted:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/05/playstation-now-subscription-program-all-the-details/#sf6733256

$19.99 for one month or $44.99 for 3. Little more than I was hoping, but it really depends on the game selection (and your internet)

It looks ok to me. 100 games is a big value proposition, even if 75% are terrible.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Better than charging $5 per title for 3 days of rental time, but I still can't bring myself to get excited about PS Now. Just not for me I guess.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Kirios posted:

Paper Trail story is better than SS's story.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Croccers posted:

Paper Trail story is better than SS's story.

Paper trail was really neat when it was coming out a little at a time. The story is pretty good, but that's basically the only reward (maybe you get a jacket?)

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My wife got me Amazon Gift Cards for my birthday and told me to get a PS4. My birthday was the 30th, and when I went on Amazon, SURPRISE, the 2 free games bundle with Last of Us and a choice among 4 others I had been watching had JUST been de-listed.

I've been waiting but still nothing. Just a console with no games for $400. Other retailers still have bundles, but Amazon doesn't carry their gift cards.

Is there any news about future bundles coming sometime soon, or am I probably screwed unless I want to wait another year for Black Friday and December sales again?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Athenry posted:

Well, $15 a month is pretty much an MMO subscription, so it's actually not that bad. If they offered a 6-month one that brought it down to $13 a month it'd be even better.

Also, it's a little silly offering PSN games on the service and counting them in the total alongside retail titles. Worse when they offer games that have PS4 versions so it's pointless playing them over a stream.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jan 5, 2015

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'd probably do it to finally get to play MGS 3 since I never owned a PS3, but if it's never added I doubt I'd ever really give it a try.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Something that's nice about PSNow is that you can upload the save files from these PS3 games into your cloud storage, so if you ever stop your subscription, you can still continue your game on a physical PS3 by downloading your cloud save.

Conversely, you can also continue a game's save on PSNow that you started on your PS3 using the same method.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I really don't see a negative to the subscription model for Playstation Now. It's what people have been clamoring for since the service started.

It's infinitely better than the previous model.

The only issue is adding more games. That's what keeps library services going, a rotating list of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
PSNow won't even start on my Internet :v:

• Locked thread