Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

HoneyBoy posted:

This game loving owns like a lot

Well it is made by one of the best companies of all time.

Treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

mango sentinel posted:

Still only Treasure's third best game.

Fight me.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Man I go to sleep and suddenly everyone goes from hating the marathon to being really positive about it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
well it helps they started playing good games

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

flatluigi posted:

Man I go to sleep and suddenly everyone goes from hating the marathon to being really positive about it

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

'drake i'm too old to vibrate through things anymore' - sully

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

flatluigi posted:

You missed one of the best runs. Uncharted was just great.

Also it helped we had some pretty good commentators the last past few games.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
*heavy breathing intensifies*

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

HoneyBoy posted:

Fight me.
Well Dynamite Headdy is not Alien Soldier and it doesn't have Love Love Dancing so...

Edit: gently caress I wanna go to bed so I can get up for F-Zero, and I don't care about Streets of Rage, but Murphgator is gonna be on the couch.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jan 5, 2015

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I'm still waiting for the FPS block.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Dynamity Headdy run was great.

They're playing Streets of Rage 2 now and doing moves I never even knew were available. I guess I gotta stop using Blaze and use Max instead.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

mango sentinel posted:

I don't care about Streets of Rage.
Get the gently caress out.

Don't be talking poo poo about SOR2. :colbert:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
skate or die

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

what happened to gunstar heroes?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
That boss was way faster than the TAS.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

what happened to gunstar heroes?

According to chat it was cancelled due to complications with the runner or something.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"Gwaaah!" was the sound effect of my childhood

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That or GroundUPPA

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I wish they were playing the simpsons arcade game.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Al Borland posted:

I wish they were playing the simpsons arcade game.

There's not really much to it as a speedgame. Relentlessly mash special attack for approximately 15 minutes.

EDIT: HEY HEY COME ON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN WITH CUHRAAAYYZEE TAXIII

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAHHH

crazy taxi is excellent

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jan 5, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That was a sick loving run by my good friend Gale, 27 with a death is ridiculous considering his WR is 26:35, glad I stayed up.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

There's not really much to it as a speedgame. Relentlessly mash special attack for approximately 15 minutes.

You could say that about everything I've seen on this stream so far. In fact I don't think I've seen a game where you can go visibly much faster than the average player.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

pisshead posted:

You could say that about everything I've seen on this stream so far. In fact I don't think I've seen a game where you can go visibly much faster than the average player.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAHHH

shoutouts to the comment reader for reading my comment correctly :dance:

(also getting Lunk started early)

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

pisshead posted:

Please post some of your PBs so we can compare.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

pisshead posted:

i actually couldn't, Ristar, Heady and Streets Of Rage were all sick as gently caress and all of them were appreciably faster than I could do on a normal playthrough. I have actually speedrunned (speedran? Spedran? Ah gently caress it) Simpsons Arcade in the past and the distinction between speedrunning and simple decent play isn't appreciable enough for me to prefer it as a speedgame. Simpsons Arcade in general is a fairly simplistic beat 'em up.

not making GBS threads on the game or anything, I like Simpsons Arcade and all but I've actually tried my hand at it before and it kinda ain't great to speedrun.

CUHRAZY TAXIIIIIIIIII yo I'm so excited this run is great

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

"everything I've seen". I went to bed before those games, and in Streets of Rage you're limited by the screen moving so can't do anything really extravagant.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

[Epileptic-inducing No Signal intensifies]

Problem with a connector or something?
Comedy option edit: Marathon luck! :v:

Still, Crazy Taxi is loving awesome.

Inepta Lacerta fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jan 5, 2015

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

pisshead posted:

"everything I've seen". I went to bed before those games, and in Streets of Rage you're limited by the screen moving so can't do anything really extravagant.

My bad, I should have used my powers of clairvoyance to know what you'd seen of the stream.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm going to bed so i'm probably going to miss the sonic streams which makes me sad.

I figured of all the streams to see they'd be the ones with the weirdest people.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

pisshead posted:

Per http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9258 Streets of Rage 2 averages 1.5 hours for a causal playthrough.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

I had no idea the different drivers in Crazy Taxi actually had different stats. :psyduck:

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Only thing I remember about this game is YAYAYAYAAA

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Bholder posted:

It's a pretty accurate summary! (Somehow it was still great.)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Bholder posted:

Do you need anything else?

Bear Sleuth
Jul 17, 2011

Crazy Taxi was a revelation in the arcades. So different than anything else. So much tude. It lost a lot of that charm on consoles.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Oh. Speaking of games with repetetive soundbits... Ook ook ook ook!

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH
This Monkey Ball run is intense as hell.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Barhunga with the casual risky strats

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
Monkey Ball runs are going to give me an ulcer eventually. Stressful as hell but incredible to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

AccountingNightmare posted:

This Monkey Ball run is intense as hell.

Miles (the commentator in the middle) was buttclenching so hard during it he probably has half a sofa cushion jammed in there.

• Locked thread