Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Uh, are you using the 105? If so, stop that, or just accept you'll suck for a while. If you have the 120 you should be able to hurt both E100s and IS7s frontally by aiming at the normal weakspots with AP, and your 340 pen HEAT will go right through E100 turret faces and any parts of the IS7's UFP you can get a flatish angle on. Remember to keep your turret pointed dead at threats if you must stay in view, cause the turret cheeks are quite soft. The M103 and indeed the E5 are pretty much all about being smooth driving tanks that deliver that fairly nice 120mm gun to the right places though, if you can't hurt T10s with the 120 you probably aren't going to enjoy the E5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
more whining

I think I figured it out after running around with an E50 battle buddy. The M103 and the E50 seem kind of similar in that they don't really stand up to proper heavies but are really good at bullying the poo poo out of mediums. I trundled around making GBS threads on a bunch of enemy mediums all game, merrily bouncing shells and shoving damage down people's throats, and avoided outright confrontations with any enemy heavies unless I had good flanking shots. It seems like a heavy that goes to the medium area, kicks them all around and takes their nice things, then uses the medium area to flank the normal heavy fight.

Magres fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jan 4, 2015

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Snakes in a can posted:

Ross you were spot on about the vk 30.02D, with goldspam the tank is fantastic. It's a t7 tank that i actually enjoy playing.

I think that must've been someone else? I don't recall saying anything about any of the 30.02s for a while.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

rossmum posted:

I think that must've been someone else? I don't recall saying anything about any of the 30.02s for a while.

i had a :downsbravo: moment, it was Hellsau.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Had a tier 10 game on Mines (south spawn) in my AT-15 where I finished off with the second highest XP in the team (we won 15-5). Five tier tens per side.

My first thought as the battle loaded was, ofc, somewhere along the lines of "gently caress you mm", but second to that was the realization that beside the teams being somewhat even (statswise) was that one of the enemy teams tier 10s was a Bat with a 41% tank wr after 3000 battles. Perhaps a little overconfidently I proclaimed; "that guy is going to lose them the game".

And sure enough he rushed past the lighthouse instead of helping on their hill rush, hid from a total tomato E-75 in our team for a couple of minutes, before bouncing half his clip doing 750 dmg with the other two shots, and then trying to flee back and getting shot dead by every tank in our team camping the hill approach. Never underestimate the power of a single idiot to sink the whole team.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Snakes in a can posted:

i had a :downsbravo: moment, it was Hellsau.

I am so sorry Rossmum :(

Also yeah the VK3002D was excellent. Sure it can't do everything, but when it is good, it is real good.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
T57: Do people generally find AP is enough or load HEAT erry day? 258 mm pens isn't bad or anything, but bounces suck when you're autoloading.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

T57: Do people generally find AP is enough or load HEAT erry day? 258 mm pens isn't bad or anything, but bounces suck when you're autoloading.

HEAT is poo poo but you need the pen. Load all HEAT because you might run out of ammo.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Hellsau posted:

HEAT is poo poo but you need the pen. Load all HEAT because you might run out of ammo.

I disagree, i got 8 heat shells total, but allmost never use them, AP can deal with anything, unless its a hulldown is7/e100

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

This is how you take hill in Prokhorovka. Almost single handledly. 6,357 damage done, 4,546 spotting damage. 1,792 base xp.. 16,360 WN8

M46 Patton = Best Tier IX

It isn't even a thrilling replay. Stars aligned and pubbies just let me farm damage

Animal fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 4, 2015

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Darkrenown posted:

In Clan Wars I fire HEAT only, in pubs, AP is usually enough.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Darkrenown posted:

I had this guy on my team last night, he might be the worst player in WoT:
http://www.noobmeter.com/player/eu/souras/500058639/
Points of special interest are how all his graphs are going steadily downwards, and how he has a 39% WR in the VK4005B with over 1000 games :wtc:

uhh that guy has a 900 wn8, he's practically a unicum compared to the guy I was blessed with earlier as a top tier heavy: http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/reelglory/1007168029/

800 games, average tier 7.47, 92 wn8; not a bot, just an atrocious player hopping from tank to tank and ruining the chances of any team he lands on

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Jack_tripper posted:

uhh that guy has a 900 wn8, he's practically a unicum compared to the guy I was blessed with earlier as a top tier heavy: http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/reelglory/1007168029/

800 games, average tier 7.47, 92 wn8; not a bot, just an atrocious player hopping from tank to tank and ruining the chances of any team he lands on

Stats are 100% unreliable and uninformative under a certain threshold of games played. Most people agree that threshold is around 2500 games.

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
Yeah, the first couple thousand battles are spent just learning the basics anyway really.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So after a two week break I decided to take out my FCM for it's 3rd game. Needless to say, I really Really like this thing.

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1494318#arctic_region-mesadoram-fcm_50_t

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Jack_tripper posted:

Dude is basically a new player. I doubt he even knows where to shoot or even recognize different tanks and weights yet. Hell he probably doesn't even know what modules to use when it comes to the tanks with a billion options.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Overwined posted:

Stats are 100% unreliable and uninformative under a certain threshold of games played. Most people agree that threshold is around 2500 games.

stats are more informative if you actually look at them unlike the multiple people that replied; he's a new player that only plays tier 8 premiums. I'm sure he's really getting those basics down though

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

That dude with 800 battles is also keeping the game free for the rest of us.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Agrajag posted:

Dude is basically a new player. I doubt he even knows where to shoot or even recognize different tanks and weights yet. Hell he probably doesn't even know what modules to use when it comes to the tanks with a billion options.

Almost all his games are in 3 tier 8 premiums though.

Edit: beaten

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

The bulldog is the best tank.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Animal posted:

This is how you take hill in Prokhorovka. Almost single handledly. 6,357 damage done, 4,546 spotting damage. 1,792 base xp.. 16,360 WN8

M46 Patton = Best Tier IX

It isn't even a thrilling replay. Stars aligned and pubbies just let me farm damage

I like my m46 a ton too. Is the m48 a step back? That's what I have heard.

Also, I feel like they shouldn't let you buy a tier 8 premium until you have earned a tank in that tier or at least somewhere close, so you don't have retarded super rookie Lowe's or T34's blowing matches.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

KurdtLives posted:

Also, I feel like they shouldn't let you buy a tier 8 premium until you have earned a tank in that tier or at least somewhere close, so you don't have retarded super rookie Lowe's or T34's blowing matches.

It is always strange to me to see someone with something like 100 battles and a whole pile of tier premiums. I mean, I've dropped money on this game, but who looks at a F2P game and decides "This seems neat, let me drop 200 dollars on it right away."

I watched an enemy Lowe throw the game for their team once by firing HE, and I looked at his account after the game, he had a Lowe, JT88, T34 and a Super P, all with something like 10 games each, and single tier 1 battle.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

CitizenKain posted:

It is always strange to me to see someone with something like 100 battles and a whole pile of tier premiums. I mean, I've dropped money on this game, but who looks at a F2P game and decides "This seems neat, let me drop 200 dollars on it right away."

Draw up a Venn diagram of with that quote, "HE does more damage bro" and "60% WR just means you hack!". I think you might get your answer.

JCFalkenberg
Jul 7, 2008
So, this is about as close to a Fadin's as I've ever been, if I had been smart and rammed him to death would I have gotten it?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The medal specifies the last round fired from your tank has to kill him.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Hellsau posted:

I am so sorry Rossmum :(

Also yeah the VK3002D was excellent. Sure it can't do everything, but when it is good, it is real good.

Kinda reminds me of the VK3601H with pre-nerf Konisch, until this day my highest winrate tank.

For those of you still wondering about the Hitler Panther, I have it and I like it but it really does need pref MM. I have a Panther with 7.5cm L/100 and I use the crew from that with the Hitler Panther, it is essentially the same tank with shittier MM. All in all a fun tank but not worth the money, unless you buy it with profits made from Star Citizen.

Foliage/tree question, anyone else have issues with flickering tree animations? It gets really bad when I sit behind a bush and go into sniper mode, as in I feel like I am getting a seizure bad.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Jack_tripper posted:

He had 35k games to build up is amazing WN8 numbers though! Newby McBuysallprems is terrible in his own way, but there's a special kind of awful you need to be to play 35,000 matches in a game and still be considerably worse than a bot.

In other news, FTR reports that the xmas 8bit mode crashes the poo poo out of mods - so watch out for that whenever it starts on NA/EU.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Darkrenown posted:

In other news, FTR [...]

quote:

As conclusion, it’s worth noting that some of the black soldiers were fighting extremely bravely. On the other hand, especially in Korea, several black units were dishonorably disbanded for cowardice in battle. Generally, it can be said that the performance of black troops was mixed, but adequate. There is a sort of movie trope these days to display the black soldiers as “warriors” of superior skill, which however is just as wrong as the myth of black soldier inferiority and is only a mirror of the current existing relations within the (not only) American society and not of the past.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

KurdtLives posted:

I just bought it yesterday, and when using the same gun it seems like its just bigger and slower but with a nice health pool and great track and turret traverse. The upgraded gun makes it alright. Its a fun tank to solopub but its no E-50M. I only bought it because of the discount.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1996-04-30/news/9604300190_1_24th-infantry-regiment-white-units-official-army-report

quote:

"There were white units who performed badly, too," said William Hammond, historian at the U.S. Army's Center of Military History and author of the report. "But their failures were always given military explanations-- poor leadership, inadequate training, military ineptitude-- and they received military remedies. The 24th's conduct was always blamed on race. They were written off because they were black. No unit's reputation suffered as much as the 24th's."

"White units that performed the way the 24th did received corrective treatment immediately," he said. "Incompetent officers were quickly relieved of command and replaced. Stragglers were punished as an example. The units were retrained. The 24th was just written off. The officers were kept in command and stragglers were returned to their units."
At least they were not transvestites, eh SS? :v:

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

a Czech nationalist obsessing over black soldiers in the pre-integration US military. Don't think I've seen that one before.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Where does he get this from and why does he find it to be an issue? Also, what the gently caress does it have to do with internet tanks?

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/01/05/the-position-of-black-troops-in-the-us-army-in-ww2/#comments

I also am not sure where he is coming from with this:

"There is a sort of movie trope these days to display the black soldiers as “warriors” of superior skill, which however is just as wrong as the myth of black soldier inferiority"

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012
The better question is, why are you shitlords still talking about anything that Czech shitlord posts on his website for shitlords?

E: Basically stop linking to that fuckhead's blog for gently caress's sake.

Keksen fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 5, 2015

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Agrajag posted:

"There is a sort of movie trope these days to display the black soldiers as “warriors” of superior skill, which however is just as wrong as the myth of black soldier inferiority"
He's upset that the black guys don't all die in the first 5 minutes of fighting.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Zettace posted:

He's upset that the black guys don't all die in the first 5 minutes of fighting.

Actually, I had always thought the movie trope was that the black guy always dies first.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Dvsilverwing posted:

Actually, I had always thought the movie trope was that the black guy always dies first.

^ This.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

KurdtLives posted:

But how would WarGaming make any money? I broke down and bought a Tier 8 premium (IS 6); mostly because I eschewed getting a new to me motorcycle and wanted a consolation prize. As a sub 700 game player, it's easy to make stupid mistakes and, to me, a lot of tanks play really differently, so switching around will tend to hurt my performance.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008
Former StuG LyfE member here looking to get back into the game. I've got a few tier 10s: IS-7, IS-4, T92, T110E5. I'd love to be doing clan wars because I enjoy getting free gold, and it would be fun to play with some of the old crew, whichever clan they're in now. Anyone interested please shoot Riller a clan invite. TIA

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
PANSY is the most active goon clan I can think of, and we have trouble getting 8 people together for skirmishes. You'll probably need to be hooked up by a goon into a non-goon clan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

PANSY is the most active goon clan I can think of, and we have trouble getting 8 people together for skirmishes. You'll probably need to be hooked up by a goon into a non-goon clan.

Are there other non-goon clans that have goons, besides PBKAC?