Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

A good poster posted:

I was hoping Wade Hixton's Counter Punch would show up, but I guess I'm just crazy.

Huh. That art style reminds me of something, but I can't place what for sure. I wanna say Shank, but... I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain Invictus posted:

Liam was actually pretty great in the Punch Out video. Some real good one-liners.

His dong thirst helped

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

HGH posted:

The reason's Comp's hand looks that weird is because it really is like that. He was born with a deformed left hand so he's missing 3 fingers.

Hahaha jesus reading this made that part uncomfortable to listen to via second hand embarrassment. Yeesh.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3WqqQD-X0c

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
"Humor me and press Select."
And then you can just hear Pat sorta... die for a moment.
Anyway, I hope you guys do the endgame right! Otherwise it'll be pretty disappointing. Next part's gonna be emotional I think.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pat's reaction to the map is something magical.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I read a little Ippo and saw some of the anime but didn't really get hooked until I got to Rising and it all sunk in.

Now whenever I'm playing smash or something and start pulling a victory out of my rear end I hear jet engines even when I'm playing as a fat penguin and I can only blame Matt for this.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Did something happen during that fight against Scarface? Cause there was an odd jump cut whereas you've pretty much shown all the full length fights. Granted it seems like that one in particular dragged out a bit.
I can't believe Bless managed to distract you guys from Ludacris shittalking you.

Also Woolie seriously needs to read up on his hip-hop artists and rappers.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

HGH posted:

Also Woolie seriously needs to read up on his hip-hop artists and rappers.

Seriously, Woolie, Freeway isn't ACTUALLY Rick Ross.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Matt I just read you guys are in LISA, so I went digging through the sprites and sure enough

Any intention to play that game? It's insanely good.

e: btw I just found you in the game and you're real dicks

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 5, 2015

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Oh my god Drift Stage :swoon: :fap:

And pat's kinda right, Gran Turismo really did do a lot to remove the magic behind racing games.

OH poo poo I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY DRIFT STAGE RIGHT NOW

I tried it, it's seriously well made and has huge potential, it feels super smooth and the graphics are mind-blowingly awesome, it has earned a day one kickstart from me.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 5, 2015

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Haha the last The Fighting video is already great.

"Put it on Champion Mode"

"Why, what's it do?"

"I dunno"

"WELL gently caress ME THEN!"

Yeah, it's awesome. I got so shellshocked at being beaten by Glass Joe in Title Defense that I couldn't pick the game back up after that. My brain just short-circuited after punching his and Gabby Jay's stupid faces dozens of times over my lifetime that, as Matt said, it throws you for a loop.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Charles Martel posted:

Yeah, it's awesome. I got so shellshocked at being beaten by Glass Joe in Title Defense that I couldn't pick the game back up after that. My brain just short-circuited after punching his and Gabby Jay's stupid faces dozens of times over my lifetime that, as Matt said, it throws you for a loop.

Yea I wanna make fun of it but it's something we've all done as gamers tons of times.

"You can't hit his head!"

"Yea...but I want to!"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

see you tomorrow posted:

Matt I just read you guys are in LISA, so I went digging through the sprites and sure enough

Any intention to play that game? It's insanely good.

e: btw I just found you in the game and you're real dicks

the apocalypse really added to pat's beard

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Seriously, Woolie, Freeway isn't ACTUALLY Rick Ross.

He seems to be under the impression that Freeway, Rick Ross the rapper, and the actual "Freeway" Rick Ross are all the same person.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Are any of the best friends into AGDQ?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

Are any of the best friends into AGDQ?

No they hate games being done in general.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thank god the guys started using a guide. I don't remember the game being THAT confusing but I really can't blame the two.

Wonder if they'll get the good ending now.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I wait for baited breath for a SUPER BEST FRIENDS WATCH VIP. Then after that you guys can watch Jack of All Trades with Bruce Campbell and Cleopatra 2525. Basically ALL the poo poo shows.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's probably too late but, UBIPLZ hits again this week, as Far Cry 4 randomly disappeared from the Xbox marketplace and that somehow is affecting those that already own a copy??

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tae posted:

It's probably too late but, UBIPLZ hits again this week, as Far Cry 4 randomly disappeared from the Xbox marketplace and that somehow is affecting those that already own a copy??
"One of our games runs smoothly with little problem and everyone's satisfied with it? REMOVE IT FROM EXISTENCE"

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Nobody will ever know what Sakurai was doing in the special thanks section of the Fight for NY credits.

They don't even notice he's there in the video. Unless, I mean it's not impossible that it's a different Masahiro Sakurai that's being thanked but...

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
That ending was everything I wanted

SHIN RAGEU :ssj:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Man, that was the best playthrough. I felt like I was 15 again. I'm just glad more people got to see this game cause Def Jam is absolutely amazing and it's sad that we'll probably never get anything like it again.
The only disappointment I have is not doing the special finisher on Sticky Fingaz in the burning level. You gotta keep ramming him into the support beams until eventually the entire place comes crashing down on him, it's kinda like the train and window kills. Oh, and not fighting D-Mob as the post-game final boss. Still though, the way the final levels went was amazing, and the ending with Bless was perfect.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You actually don't need to do anything specific to do those finishers, you just need to do blazin moves on the opponent when it would kill them to just do the environment kills. I remember doing that poo poo to Crow every time and it was the best.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I can't believe Matt remembers Mortis from WCW:

I'm pretty sure the gimmick was invented just so Glacier would have someone to feud with.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why no stage finisher for Bless? Would that be too harsh on the guy? Is he not worthy to go out the way Machete did?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Nobody will ever know what Sakurai was doing in the special thanks section of the Fight for NY credits.

They don't even notice he's there in the video. Unless, I mean it's not impossible that it's a different Masahiro Sakurai that's being thanked but...

Must have had something to do with the gamecube release of the game :shrug:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Sakurai was a free agent when Fight for NY was being made and released - he left HAL Entertainment in 2003, Fight for NY was released in 2004 and Sora was founded in 2005. If this is the same Sakurai, he probably gave some wheel-greasing advice at some point.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The moral of the story is that Sakurai is the most hood

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Rhonne posted:

I can't believe Matt remembers Mortis from WCW:

I'm pretty sure the gimmick was invented just so Glacier would have someone to feud with.

Is it just me or was WCW basically the Mortal Kombat of wrestling organizations?

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Aw poo poo, Matt found out about The Young Bucks and Time Splitters!!!!!!!!

Edit- and RAINMAKER!!!!

TUS fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 6, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

TUS posted:

Edit- and RAINMAKER!!!!

Matt getting in on the King of Sports.

This is good.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

AShamefulDisplay posted:

Is it just me or was WCW basically the Mortal Kombat of wrestling organizations?
Mortal Kombat actually made money, though?

Sure, it was the only thing at Midway that made money, but regardless...

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

AShamefulDisplay posted:

EDIT:

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jan 6, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TUS posted:

Edit- and RAINMAKER!!!!

Great av+post combo.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

TUS posted:

Edit- and RAINMAKER!!!!

Now we wait for him to find Shinsuke Nakamura, the living Jojo character. :allears:

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Pat saying the daft punk album Homework is boring made me cringe. C'mon Pat, it has one of the hypest daft punk songs (Rollin and scratchin')!

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 6, 2015

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

goldblums eyes posted:

Pat saying the daft punk album Homework is boring made me cringe. C'mon Pat, it has one of the hypest daft punk songs (Rollin and scratchin')!

It's a great album BUT if you don't like techno/electronica/house then it won't change your mind.

Everyone I know likes Daft Punk but most of them don't like Homework or Human After All.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
So, I'm playing KI on the reccomendation of Matt and Woolie, I'm a total novice when it comes to fighters, so I don't feel like I should buy stuff just yet, but drat does TJ look good. I feel like just playing one fighter at a time will limit my enjoyment.