Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

hubris.height posted:

shouting "god is dead" during the final boss fight forced me to pause the game while i laughed

she also keeps shouting DO YOU THINK YOU CAN BE FORGIVEN??? to wild animals. it's great.

you're goin to hell, BIRD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

ffxiii was just 'i want people to be able to play ffvii: advent children' anyway, they got the idea a little better in 13-2 and i havent played lightning returns beyond like the tutorial even though im p sure i bought it at full price

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
FATE IS FATE

the more i think about how bad lr is the more i like it in retrospect and look forward to playing it

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

is ff13-2 worth playing if i thought ff13 had potential and liked the battle system?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lr gave us this gif and i'm grateful for it

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Notorious QIG posted:

is ff13-2 worth playing if i thought ff13 had potential and liked the battle system?

from what i played of it (before playing something else that i dont remember anymore??) it was much better paced and more fun but it was with serah and her space boyfriend or something to that extent
you could summon monsters to fight with you iirc and battles were a lot shorter and paradigms were stronger
snow was there

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Notorious QIG posted:

lol what battle system? ff13 played itself

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

lol what battle system? ff13 played itself

the paradigm system

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Notorious QIG posted:

the paradigm system
i still remember using a standard tank/dps/healer group for like 99% of all the fights until i got bored and quit

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Notorious QIG posted:

no, because 13-2 is piss easy and you can easily autobattle through most of it without even bothering with paradigms.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

ff13-2 looks way better from what ive seen

you play as serah and noel who is a dude from the bad future and wears parachute pants as permanent party members and the third party member can be essentially any monster in the game as long as you capture them

you also get to put silly hats on your monsters

there is also a lot of time travel and you get to pick what time periods and timelines you want to go to so there is some choice involved

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i liked final fantasies 7 and 9

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Cnidaria posted:

ff13-2 looks way better from what ive seen

you play as serah and noel who is a dude from the bad future and wears parachute pants as permanent party members and the third party member can be essentially any monster in the game as long as you capture them

you also get to put silly hats on your monsters

there is also a lot of time travel and you get to pick what time periods and timelines you want to go to so there is some choice involved

oh man i remember the hats

i saw someone last night with a big old witch hat on they chocobo mount and now i want one it was great

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

corn in the bible posted:

no, because 13-2 is piss easy and you can easily autobattle through most of it without even bothering with paradigms.

its not fun and the plot payoff is dumb so agreed

unless you plan to play lr because it that final scene where the one yuel who wants to be with noel wins over the infinite number who want to be with cassius because of the power of love or something, and also noel is a giant baby

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Liver Disaster posted:

oh man i remember the hats

i saw someone last night with a big old witch hat on they chocobo mount and now i want one it was great

is ff14 f2p yet

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

is ff14 f2p yet

no and it never will be sorry.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

no and it never will be sorry.

what about teso

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Notorious QIG posted:

is ff14 f2p yet

i only made it through seven days of free before feeling satisfied to pay for it
you can put it in first person mode if your still upset about teso being trash

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

hubris.height posted:

its not fun and the plot payoff is dumb so agreed

unless you plan to play lr because it that final scene where the one yuel who wants to be with noel wins over the infinite number who want to be with cassius because of the power of love or something, and also noel is a giant baby

no, that one went with noel and the rest stay in hell with cassius because that's apparently what they wanted

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm still playing ff14 but gently caress is it kinda slow. It's pretty okay though where Wildstar and TESO were utter trash.

I kinda want to play The Secret World again but I loving hate its combat system.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

what about teso

would you really play teso even if it was free?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Fabricated posted:

I'm still playing ff14 but gently caress is it kinda slow. It's pretty okay though where Wildstar and TESO were utter trash.

I kinda want to play The Secret World again but I loving hate its combat system.

it was jarringly slow after tera but the quality of the rest of it is real good
still hate waiting for dungeons though i shoulda rolled a healer

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Notorious QIG posted:

what about teso

just play morrowind

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Liver Disaster posted:

it was jarringly slow after tera but the quality of the rest of it is real good
still hate waiting for dungeons though i shoulda rolled a healer
i had no idea what i was doing at first so i rolled a marauder and didn't realize until a handful of levels in that it's another tank class, and I'm legit tired of tanking after like 10 years of doing it in various mmos

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

corn in the bible posted:

no, that one went with noel and the rest stay in hell with cassius because that's apparently what they wanted

lol the happy ending i guess

its pretty metal that cassius is hades and given the opportunity to make a world without hell lightning goes 'nah gently caress it gotta give that shitlord something to do'

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Fabricated posted:

i had no idea what i was doing at first so i rolled a marauder and didn't realize until a handful of levels in that it's another tank class, and I'm legit tired of tanking after like 10 years of doing it in various mmos

pugilist is real fun, dps is fun

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Widdiful posted:

would you really play teso even if it was free?

i would at least give it a try, im a huge sucker for tamriel

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

seriously though all i want is a pc version of monhun with a built in group finder

capcom pls

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Notorious QIG posted:

seriously though all i want is a pc version of monhun with a built in group finder

capcom pls
same but lol if u think capcom will do it instead of putting out another dragon's dogma

and lmao if u think a western dev will be able to do a monhun game without butchering simplifying streamlining it

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

same but lol if u think capcom will do it instead of putting out another dragon's dogma

and lmao if u think a western dev will be able to do a monhun game without butchering simplifying streamlining it

yospos project: create a pc version of dinodick stabber

the zybourne cock

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
capcom are really dumb

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
also monster hunter could use some streamlining tbh

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

dork soles with bigger slower monsters where everyone moves like theyre in havels set with low stats?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Liver Disaster posted:

dork soles with bigger slower monsters where everyone moves like theyre in havels set with low stats?

the only similarities between dark souls and monhun are slow, deliberate fights against monsters many times larger than you. other than that they are very different

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Notorious QIG posted:

the only similarities between dark souls and monhun are slow, deliberate fights against monsters many times larger than you. other than that they are very different

also nerds obsess over both as if they're good

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Fabricated posted:

play Bard

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

also monster hunter could use some streamlining tbh

careful it is yospos religion that monhun is perfect and not at all flawed in anyway

it has some huge flaws

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

is bard fun? im running up an archer right now and being able to kill anything before it gets to me owns and bards are v aesthetically pleasing

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Liver Disaster posted:

is bard fun? im running up an archer right now and being able to kill anything before it gets to me owns and bards are v aesthetically pleasing

bard is the most fun I had playing the game

run around in circles, shoot things, sometimes sing songs with casters go oom, it's fun

also this was announced

http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/5/7493499/playstation-now-all-you-can-play-subscriptions-hit-next-week-for-19

quote:

Sony plans to launch PlayStation Now, its PS3 game streaming service, for the PlayStation 4 on Jan. 13 in the U.S. and Canada for $19.99 a month or $44.99 for three months, the company announced this morning.

The service will hit the PlayStation 4 first, followed by other PlayStation Now enabled devices, according to the press release.

A seven day free trial will also be available at launch. The subscription offers unlimited access to more than 100 PlayStation 3 games from publishers like SCE Worldwide, Sega, Warner Brothers and Bandai Namco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Notorious QIG posted:

i was meaning like the matchmaking system i guess minus the invasions
i never got far into monhun i guess its time to buy one on the vita and try again
lol if im gonna play something that is long/slow on the 3ds until i get a usb cord for it
use my drat portable battery to keep the thing from dying on me

• Locked thread