Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Anatharon posted:

Is the TAS block available anywhere yet?

yep http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/2ra5rw/agdq_vods_thread_2015/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Maximum fasts incoming

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

We need to convice everyone who missed the Heroes run to go back and watch it. That was the greatest.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
look at this rear end in a top hat in a cape.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Anatharon posted:

Is the TAS block available anywhere yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjmxmPwmfOk

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Is the F-Zero run a race? I see two names there.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Cancer won.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Zebia posted:

Is the F-Zero run a race? I see two names there.

Yep

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Not only is the stream dead, I can't even get their twitch page to load...

Ha! All you have to do is complain and it comes right back!

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Really? There hasn't been an Fzero in ten years? So nintendo really has abondoned anything that isn't Zelda or mario and has relegated the rest of their poo poo to SSB.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Random Stranger posted:

Not only is the stream dead, I can't even get their twitch page to load...

Ha! All you have to do is complain and it comes right back!

They were breaking between games; it seems like they're doing that a lot this year instead of just letting the stream run. Might have to do with how twitch is restricting archives now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what the gently caress face is rainbow hair guy in the back pulling

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Crain posted:

Really? There hasn't been an Fzero in ten years? So nintendo really has abondoned anything that isn't Zelda or mario and has relegated the rest of their poo poo to SSB.

Well to be honest they sell like poo poo without fail.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Something about the camera angle on this GBA F-Zero game makes me feel kinda sick if I look at it too long

is this what getting old is like

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

loving Rasputin looking mother gently caress in the back left.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Crain posted:

I don't think they ever sold very well, especially compared to Mario Kart.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Racing sideways like we're in the 80's. The future is a cycle. :v:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Mr E posted:

Well to be honest they sell like poo poo without fail.
They're well-made and fun, but they are hard as gently caress so it's not surprising that they sold poorly. I think the last home console one was GX, and that one is particularly brutal.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I remember hearing the dev for FZero said "we have no idea how to make it better than the last one without just rehashing it all"

Which combined with not massive sales might be keeping it on the back burner in perpetuity

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

drat, this game fucks physics so hard it needs a Brazzers logo.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Crain posted:

drat, this game fucks physics so hard it needs a Brazzers logo.

You should watch one they did a year ago, one of the 3d ones. They were literally doing something where they'd snake so hard they'd start flying off the track 5000 feet into the air.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

President Ark posted:

You should watch one they did a year ago, one of the 3d ones. They were literally doing something where they'd snake so hard they'd start flying off the track 5000 feet into the air.

They'll be doing that again not long from now, in fact.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

President Ark posted:

Or when he gave the AI a 30 second head start and still managed to win.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Rorus Raz posted:

Or when he gave the AI a 30 second head start and still managed to win.

That entire run was so unbelievably hype. I've never even beaten GX's story mode and he completely clowned it.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvrepvisxA0 Here's the run for everyone.

And, yeah, that run's what's gotten me so excited for the f-zero block this year. The consistent incredible skill shown is really something.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

RyokoTK posted:

That entire run was so unbelievably hype. I've never even beaten GX's story mode and he completely clowned it.

Yup. It's also kind of sobering because I realize I'd have never completed the stuff past where I was stuck.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GX doesn't have top-tier runners this time and they are doing staff ghosts so it won't own AS hard. But even mid-tier GX players are on some next-level poo poo and it's crazy to watch.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Well this run kinda lost energy towards the end. I guess he was expecting the death race and the incentive wasn't met.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Crain posted:

Well this run kinda lost energy towards the end. I guess he was expecting the death race and the incentive wasn't met.

Kinda risky to have donation incentives for games that nobody knows about.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Crain posted:

The death race incentive is for F-Zero X which is still to come. But it needs some 4k more to be met so it's looking doubtful, which is sad.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

drat, yetee with the 14k donation. Also decided to make sure a bunch of incentives are met too. Real nice. I think I need to pick up a few of those shirts.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Crain posted:

drat, yetee with the 14k donation. Also decided to make sure a bunch of incentives are met too. Real nice. I think I need to pick up a few of those shirts.

It's disappointing that none went towards the next incentive that has not been met, however. We'll need a grand every ten minutes to meet death race at this point :smith:

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Cubey posted:

It's disappointing that none went towards the next incentive that has not been met, however. We'll need a grand every ten minutes to meet death race at this point :smith:

If I had the money it'd be there right now. Death Race is the loving best.

Unfortunately, I don't have the money.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Part of the problem is that the incentives aren't listed on the schedule, so anyone interested in the game, but no necessarily just donating in general isn't going to see them. They're really not advertising that many of these incentives exist which would probably bring out more people to donate if the knew about them.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Wow this run is insanely boring. No one has spoken for whole minutes.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Am i a bad person for thinking non gx f-zerois kinda boring

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

giogadi posted:

Yeah and F-Zero SNES is the least interesting of the lot, too.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

giogadi posted:

Which would be fine if the :krad: music was loud enough to enjoy to its fullest, but alas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ImPureAwesome posted:

Am i a bad person for thinking non gx f-zerois kinda boring

most racing games are incredibly boring to watch because the focus is already on going fast

• Locked thread