Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SedanChair posted:

Australians: the worst Anglophones?

It's S. Africans by a wide margin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

the middle east thread

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

zoux posted:

it's americans

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
my ideal beer is henry weinhardt's but some headcase in the socal alcohol distribution racket has determined that it should go for $9 a six pack. and i was all like, lmao.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Hahaha you call that speaking English?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ive heard bad things about NIgerians.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

This really was the funniest and gooniest thread intervention of recent times.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

Afrikaner women are hot.

Via the ME thread:

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

And for the other commentariat: it's not cucking if you're all loving. My wife loves DP, so do a lot of people I know in Sydney. You need to, I don't know, get out more or something.

Its loving cucking. Someone getting cucked in the ME thread? Well, I never!

euphronius posted:

That's a good one.

I've heard plenty of horrid things about Nigerians. Plenty. Nigerian gangs are something to watch out for.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

paranoid randroid posted:

my ideal beer is henry weinhardt's but some headcase in the socal alcohol distribution racket has determined that it should go for $9 a six pack. and i was all like, lmao.

They make a quality root beer.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Won't someone please help me gently caress my wife, I/P thread?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

The actual answer is to brew your own.

I do that too. I make a kick rear end brown ale. I want to get into making old school country wines next, think like dandelion, or other various botanical wines, the real fringe stuff.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

zoux posted:

lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can you make wine out of the liquid that collects on the bottom of garbage cans?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

BrandorKP posted:

I do that too. I make a kick rear end brown ale. I want to get into making old school country wines next, think like dandelion, or other various botanical wines, the real fringe stuff.

Just make some hard cider. poo poo be easy.

euphronius posted:

Can you make wine out of the liquid that collects on the bottom of garbage cans?

You can make wine out of anything---cats, dogs, communists, people, olives

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

OTOH, the best way to speak English is with a Nigerian accent.

~Every BBC Africa piece in Nigeria~

REPORTER: We talked to this man in the street.
MAN IN STREET: I would like to buy some Chinese electronics. I would also like stable institutions but this seems impossible given our political climate. I have three graduate degrees.
REPORTER: He then bought some Chinese electronics.
ANCHOR: That from Peter Okafor in Abuja.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

*sucks air thru teeth, rises grudgingly to feet* hell, i'll

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

zoux posted:

S. Africans are the only people I've heard using the term "civilizing" in a unashamedly imperialistic and openly racist way.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BrandorKP posted:

S. Africans are the only people I've heard using the term "civilizing" in a unashamedly imperialistic and openly racist way.

Uh yeah americans are big on that too.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

*sucks air thru teeth, rises grudgingly to feet* hell, i'll

It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do her.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

BrandorKP posted:

There's (possibly) a certain past and future Republican candidate for President who also follows that trend.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

The thing about dialogues of 'civilizing natives' is - what right have you got to tell these people to do if you're not better than them? That's sometimes the way they look at it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
new presidential exploratory committee announces it will send an expedition up river to recover candidate gingrich. that river, fascinating, deadly like a snake. ough!

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

euphronius posted:

I've yet to hear an American follow it up with comments that the locals "would still be swinging from the trees"...

I live in a county were they re-enact the "Battle of Ebenezer Creek". Where Sons of the Confederacy dress up as rebels and pretend to chase off Union soldiers ( in some years they are in black face) who have come to rape their women. The actual historical event is the Betrayal / Massacre of Ebenezer creek. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebenezer_Creek

I run into S. Africans more racist than that.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

There's (possibly) a certain past and future Republican candidate for President who also follows that trend.

Yeah give it a few years we (Americans) could be worse. We do have a whip who spoke at racist conventions and called himself "David Duke without the Baggage". Ugly things are coming.

euphronius posted:

Boil whatever it is then just add sugar and yeast. That's seriously like 95% of the country wine recipes.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

The horror...the horror...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

Yeah but we haven't said it in polite company since the 50s

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

BrandorKP posted:

I've yet to hear an American follow it up with comments that the locals "would still be swinging from the trees"...

Come to the freep thread, we have such wonders to show you.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

R. Mute posted:

i'm right about everything

What color is the boathouse in Hereford?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
first draft of gingrich 2015 CPAC keynote: "...and this also has been one of the dark places of the earth..."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gingrich -- primary mission
Advocate of civilization
Definer of civilization
Teacher of the Rules of Civilization
Arouser of those who Fan Civilization
Organizer of the pro-civilization activists
Leader (Possibly) of the civilizing forces
A universal rather than optimal Mission
This retains a primary focus on
elected political power as
the central arena and fulcrum
by which a free people debate their
Future and govern themselves

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You take any white person from any country and start moving non white people next to them and watch as they become magically Jefferson Davis style racist.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
take a white person from iceland and start moving bits of meteoric iron next to them and watch as they lose their connection to the rest of the fair folk

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

new presidential exploratory committee announces it will send an expedition up river to recover candidate gingrich. that river, fascinating, deadly like a snake. ough!

This made me laugh like a moron for no good reason, TYVM

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

I see it like apocalypse now, except naturally none of this Kurtz's followers will be members of an ethnic minority.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

BrandorKP posted:

I live in a county were they re-enact the "Battle of Ebenezer Creek". Where Sons of the Confederacy dress up as rebels and pretend to chase off Union soldiers ( in some years they are in black face) who have come to rape their women. The actual historical event is the Betrayal / Massacre of Ebenezer creek. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebenezer_Creek

I run into S. Africans more racist than that.

I live in a county as bad as that which also has a bunch of rhodesians in, and can confirm that rhodesians are worse than either white southroners or white South Africans

gently caress rhodesians your country isn't even real

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

PupsOfWar posted:

I live in a county worse than that which also has a bunch of rhodesians in, and can confirm that rhodesians are worse than either white southroners or white South Africans

gently caress rhodesians your country isn't even real

I also can confirm that Rhodesians are literally Hitler if he escaped to Argentina and started a plantation.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is that country Zimbabwe?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

zoux posted:

You take any white person from any country and start moving non white people next to them and watch as they become magically Jefferson Davis style racist.
have you ever lived next to non-white people, zoux?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I do right now!

The thing is that people tend to hate their neighbors and then they generalize those behaviors to the race at large. For instance my neighbors fix cars at all hours of the day and night and slam doors and throw trash in my yard but because I am a wise evolved progressive I don't think that that's what all Hispanic people do.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
i lived next to a lot of non white people as a kid and it was fine and we got along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The goddamned mainstream media

• Locked thread