Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
drat all these frickin white nerds all jammin out to marvin gaye and the jackson 5.... if i see another dude wipin gamer grub crumbs on a sun-ra shirt, im gonna flip a frickin biscuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

i think it's like uber if more than one person could fit in a car. you buy your "ticket" in an app and then go to a designated pickup location http://www.bridj.com/welcome#connect
so it's uber dropping all pretence and actually driving rape-vans

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

nutranurse posted:

Rail is objectively better, yeah, but buses also serve the important purpose of getting people to the rail.

Goddamnit how do we end up veering towards trainchat so often.

you know how you get people to rail?

You make them loving walk. Christ, no wonder theres such a loving epidemic of fat, poor people in America.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We have metro areas bigger than entire european countries but still they're like "Uh why doesn't America have nationalized efficient and effective public transport"?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

R. Mute posted:

so it's uber dropping all pretence and actually driving rape-vans

yes, except it's not the uber people, so they might be even less moral

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

The white nerds do not grasp it on that level.

so uh who loving cares. does an artist fall into the "too accessible to the wrong kind of white people" pit if theyre not straight up feating on Immortal Technique songs.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

zoux posted:

We have metro areas bigger than entire european countries but still they're like "Uh why doesn't America have nationalized efficient and effective public transport"?
i know my first instinct would be to get as far away as possible from any americans if i were building something in the us, but drat, just build poo poo closer to each other. gently caress.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

so uh who loving cares. does an artist fall into the "too accessible to the wrong kind of white people" pit if theyre not straight up feating on Immortal Technique songs.

I dunno why you guys wanna die on this hill but go ahead.

R. Mute posted:

i know my first instinct would be to get as far away as possible from any americans if i were building something in the us, but drat, just build poo poo closer to each other. gently caress.

This is not how property prices work.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
guys

i have this crazy startup idea thats like uber with the capacity of bridj:

We loving hook up private cars to fixed railroad routes and sell tickets.

How many hipsters would be willing to take a LIRR with a barber and shoeshine negroe on board to cater to their every whim?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

R. Mute posted:

a plurality of the us population lives in places built that way, friend

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

u come into d&d and are surprised that people want to quibble. im shocked that theres gambling occuring in this establishment.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

a plurality of the us population lives in places built that way, friend
then why did zoux bring up the 'america real big' argument

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

R. Mute posted:

So, you know how Europe measures things by age? Well, America measures things by distance. You know that poo poo that happened with Caesar and the Belgrates? In America, that's as far away to us as New Orleans is from Chicago.

zoux posted:

Someone say death on a hill?

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 5, 2015

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

So, you know how Europe measures things by age? Well, America measures things by distance. You know that poo poo that happened with Caesar and the Belgrates? In America, that's as far away to us as New Orleans is from Chicago.
who cares? people in new orleans don't have jobs in chicago. public transit revolves around the daily commute, long distance travel only comes in once you've got a proper commute in place.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

My Imaginary GF posted:

You make them loving walk. Christ, no wonder theres such a loving epidemic of fat, poor people in America.

Said the man who routinely salivates over pictures of sandwiches composed of apparently 90% lard.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

R. Mute posted:

then why did zoux bring up the 'america real big' argument

zoux lives in the bad part

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

do y'all ever go to other countries and think 'drat, everybody's so thin'?

i went to britain and i thought people were fat and none of them had any chins it was disgusting

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Said the man who routinely salivates over pictures of sandwiches composed of apparently 90% lard.

We walk it off, bitch. We walk it off. I know that may be a hard concept for you out in your poduni Virginia hellhole, folk in Chicago walk it off (unless they poor).

R. Mute posted:

do y'all ever go to other countries and think 'drat, everybody's so thin'?

i went to britain and i thought people were fat and none of them had any chins it was disgusting

I go to other countries and think, "drat, why'd we save them from the Germans, again?"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

My Imaginary GF posted:

We walk it off, bitch. We walk it off. I know that may be a hard concept for you out in your poduni Virginia hellhole, folk in Chicago walk it off (unless they poor).

Be honest, how many minutes do you wheeze after looking at the stairs?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

R. Mute posted:

who cares? people in new orleans don't have jobs in chicago. public transit revolves around the daily commute, long distance travel only comes in once you've got a proper commute in place.

most american metros were established when car ownership was both a symbol of economic success as well as something urban planners were really into

europe, being broke as gently caress through most of the 20th century, avoided this trap

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Pretty sure the bulk of Immortal Technique fans are white Alex Jones listeners

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nintendo Kid posted:

zoux lives in the bad part

I live in the good part of the bad part.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006
Hmm, never met any one who identified as Rhodesian. poo poo, I even run into the occasional N. Korean (three in a decade, all on Chinese flag ships).

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Come to the freep thread, we have such wonders to show you.

I lurk in there from time to time. I just can't take it for long, it gets exhausting because I worry that hate is what's coming.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006
MIGF you ever eat at the Skyway Doghouse House or Calumet Fisheries?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

SedanChair posted:

Pretty sure the bulk of Immortal Technique fans are white Alex Jones listeners

im willing to bet pharoahe monch and david dees have some audience crossover

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

BrandorKP posted:

MIGF you ever eat at the Skyway Doghouse House or Calumet Fisheries?

I posted pics from skyway doghouse a bit ago. Place be good.

Sometimes you run into JJJ get'n lunch there, that gently caress'n rear end in a top hat.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Be honest, how many minutes do you wheeze after looking at the stairs?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ks8gh00DQo

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 5, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ok I signed up for tumblr time to learn how to use this poo poo

So I "follow" "tumblrs" and as their posts will show up chronologically on my "dashboard"?

zoux fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 5, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

zoux posted:

follow me at http://fishmech.tumblr.com/

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Just make whiny posts.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

zoux posted:

So I "follow" "tumblrs" and as their posts will show up chronologically on my "dashboard"?

yes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DemeaninDemon posted:

Just make whiny posts.

Sorry Im about consuming content not creating it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
first step to tumblr excellence: approach discourse like a turn of hte century german collegiate dueler. you have not won the argument until blood has been drawn and it is better to die than flinch.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

Sorry Im about consuming content not creating it

Is that your way of saying you whine both on the way out your rear end and the way in?

paranoid randroid posted:

first step to tumblr excellence: approach discourse like a turn of hte century german collegiate dueler. you have not won the argument until blood has been drawn and it is better to die than flinch.

So, egg folks on until they self-mutilate in frustration of their lack of priviledge? Sounds easy.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

BrandorKP posted:

Hmm, never met any one who identified as Rhodesian. poo poo, I even run into the occasional N. Korean (three in a decade, all on Chinese flag ships).

I lurk in there from time to time. I just can't take it for long, it gets exhausting because I worry that hate is what's coming.

It was here the whole time genius.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

My Imaginary GF posted:

Sometimes you run into JJJ get'n lunch there, that gently caress'n rear end in a top hat.

What do you have against J. Jonah Jameson?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The racism is only the second worst part of this

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I want to strangle whoever designed that.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

VanSandman posted:

What do you have against J. Jonah Jameson?

J3 ain't Jonah Jameson, he's a bipolar off his meds with delusions of grandeur and visions of purchasing his seat back.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

zoux posted:

The racism is only the second worst part of this

What am I looking at here, friend zoux?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

nutranurse posted:

I want to strangle whoever designed that.

"Design" may be too strong a word for what has happened here.

• Locked thread