Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i cant get into smash bros :effort: the controls seem twitchy as gently caress in my babby hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

dark souls 0.5: siegfrieds's quest looking good

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Vintersorg posted:

i cant get into smash bros :effort: the controls seem twitchy as gently caress in my babby hands

i unlocked all the characters in brawl using a gamecube controller, then my backup controllers were bad when we got there so it was two gc and two wiimotes and i could still clean up some nerds with the wiimote
its a dumb game for babies and it gets old fast if your not desperately attached to the company

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

that looks like itd look way better if they didnt have a garbage crt filter over it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i haven't had the urge to play smash bros in a month and this upsets me

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
smash bros is actually surprisingly simple and the mechanics are basically scissors paper rock and some characters are better at recovering from paper scissors rock, or at using their brand of scissors papers rock at different ranges

its not really very difficult to learn. but really just have fun playing with friends imho

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah the controls aren't hard, but there are enough weird quirks and differences to keep track of that being able to consistently beat all comers is hard. so stop caring about consistently beating all comers and just marvel at the total chaos that unfolds, also play it while drinking

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

haveblue posted:

yeah the controls aren't hard, but there are enough weird quirks and differences to keep track of that being able to consistently beat all comers is hard. so stop caring about consistently beating all comers and just marvel at the total chaos that unfolds, also play it while drinking

play it with 8 people with "high" item frequency and marvel at how you pretty much can't do poo poo because of how chaotic everything is. winner is usually whoever manages to sneak off and get the final smash ball because if they can manage to execute it they can probably kill, like, five or six people

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
if you don't hear at least one "what the gently caress just happened" from every player it was a bad smash match and you're probably playing it wrong

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
just hit down b or w/e it is that makes Pikachu do lightning

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

haveblue posted:

if you don't hear at least one "where the gently caress did i go" from every player it was a bad smash match and you're probably playing it wrong

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shaggar posted:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Shaggar posted:

btw I played wolfenstein all weekend and its a really really good game.

a correct post, from shaggar

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Shaggar posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The yospos empty quote is such a disgusting, objectionable thing.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Knuc U Kinte posted:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Knuc U Kinte posted:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Knuc U Kinte posted:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
:agreed:, op

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
dsyp, op

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
emptyquotin this

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
poo poo

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Knuc U Kinte posted:

a disgusting, objectionable thing.

it's me lol

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Jonad posted:

it's me lol

at least ur not alone here :unsmith:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Game Informer ‏@gameinformer 3h 3 hours ago
Nearly 2,000 Games Received $89 Million In Kickstarter Funding In 2014

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Katana Gomai posted:

Game Informer ‏@gameinformer 3h 3 hours ago
Nearly 2,000 Games Received $89 Million In Kickstarter Funding In 2014

$88.9 million: that space one
$0.1 million: the other 1999

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

jesus christ dungeon of the endless is so stressful. on floor seven had a pair of rhinos spawn deep in the dark areas, they had almost broken down two more doors before i even noticed them. one door broke and out came 4 more waves of guys. spent a lot of food and science that round but survived

only 5 more floors to go :suicide:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Notorious QIG posted:

jesus christ dungeon of the endless is so stressful. on floor seven had a pair of rhinos spawn deep in the dark areas, they had almost broken down two more doors before i even noticed them. one door broke and out came 4 more waves of guys. spent a lot of food and science that round but survived

only 5 more floors to go :suicide:
This is why you always take Nanor; his second ability will have most enemies nearly dead by the time they get to you

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Fabricated posted:

This is why you always take Nanor; his second ability will have most enemies nearly dead by the time they get to you

i dont think i have nanor unlocked yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Notorious QIG posted:

i dont think i have nanor unlocked yet
If you find him always hire him. His second ability does 20dps to everything on the map while it's active and raises dust drop chance and he's not half bad otherwise

also max is pretty good for a starting character even if he sucks at fighting; he has a passive bonus that gives +2 extra science a turn (+3 later) and gets an ability that gives bonus dust when you open a room with dust in it.

Most of the characters are pretty good at something; the only ones I dislike are Sera (she's made of tissue paper and tends to die instantly later unless you destroy her speed loading her up with +def items) and Mizi (Mizi literally gets a defense penalty if she's in a room with other heroes. Ken is similar but he just gets LESS of a bonus instead of negatives)

Mizi has a really super powerful skill that does shitloads of damage per second to everything in a room with her but she practically requires researching minor modules to keep her alive

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 6, 2015

• Locked thread