Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
based blueglass laughing in the background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He hasn't missed one yet

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc
Any game that starts you with a pitchfork and let's you kick around the heads of your enemies has to be good.

Eonwe posted:

based blueglass laughing in the background

Blueglass needs a wireless mic so he can be added to the audio mix at will.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like that when this guy says "There's this really complicated trick. It's cool so let's do that."

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Oh boy Descent speedrun is going to make my head hurt isn't it

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Bholder posted:

No, that's Redneck Rampage

Played this when I was a kid. Definitely not suitable for GDQ

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
That was a great run

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

THat was pretty cool. Time for descent also a cool game. Does anyone have a link to the Dark Forces 2 speedrun?

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
SpootyBiscuit is a pretty good friend of mine and while I haven't watched him speedrun I'm sure he'll do really well. I'm excited :)

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Laughing Zealot posted:

This game really needs a re-release similar to Duke 3d and Shadow Warrior on Steam.

Random fact about Blood Shadow Warrior. Back then midi was pretty huge for games but CD-ROM was also brand new. BloodShadow Warrior was originally developed to play through midi but since the game was released on cd they skipped it entirely and used pre-recorded tracks off a midi device. All the files for the songs to play back in midi still exist within the game but cannot be used unless you use one of the newer build engines.

Edit: Derpin my old pc games

flyboi fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 6, 2015

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ramadu posted:

THat was pretty cool. Time for descent also a cool game. Does anyone have a link to the Dark Forces 2 speedrun?

You'll have to wait for the next time they reset the stream, cause that's when the VODs go up on twitch. And however long it takes them to put them up in the Reddit thread you can link/make a sticky tab of to get all the VODs when they go up.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Kikas posted:

You'll have to wait for the next time they reset the stream, cause that's when the VODs go up on twitch. And however long it takes them to put them up in the Reddit thread you can link/make a sticky tab of to get all the VODs when they go up.

Oh. I thought they were getting youtubes up fast cause I saw youtube links going up super fast in the stream.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Kikas posted:

That seems a little bit delayed in being updated. Somebody linked a youtube playlist in the comments which I believe is an automatic upload of the runs as they finish:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_NsA72Bgro96PNeBjK7G07qQ1PtCTrVe
It's completely up to date.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i love how terrible this game is

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to get motion sickness hahah

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Holy hell this camera's gonna make me vom

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah I'm gonna sit this one out, took just a few seconds before I started to feel sick.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
imagine being the developers of this game, writing the last line of code and being like yea

this is a good game

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How did anyone play this game jfc

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Oh god haven't played this game in ages, but I loved it.

Also I'm one of the few people who knows Descent 3 exists.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
lol look at all these babies

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

oh god i forgot how sick descent makes me, I'm out.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Eonwe posted:

imagine being the developers of this game, writing the last line of code and being like yea

this is a good game

it is a great game

Acquire Currency! posted:

much slower, in general

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008
I loved this game back in the day. This dude is making a mockery of it too.

dragoat
Mar 21, 2012

YOU STOP THAT
not even four minutes in and I already might have to skip this due to motion sickness.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Bholder posted:

Oh god haven't played this game in ages, but I loved it.

Also I'm one of the few people who knows Descent 3 exists.

My younger brother owns a copy. He loved the series.

I preferred X-Wing.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Eonwe posted:

i love how terrible this game is

Quoting this to preserve the most wrong opinion of all time.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I liked watching the Duke3D/Blood runs but that guy was a real boring commentator. This guy is way more upbeat and engaging, even if I can barely watch the actual run.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

The 90s were a magical time for weird as gently caress games

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Cerebulon posted:

That seems a little bit delayed in being updated. Somebody linked a youtube playlist in the comments which I believe is an automatic upload of the runs as they finish:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_NsA72Bgro96PNeBjK7G07qQ1PtCTrVe
It's completely up to date.

Oh hell yes this is great I didn't know this existed this is amazing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jibo posted:

Quoting this to preserve the most wrong opinion of all time.

hmm, idk friend, i dont think it is

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Eonwe posted:

hmm, idk friend, i dont think it is

it is

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Yeah I was already kinda nauseous and this guy's crazy wobbling movement was making it a lot worse.

He's a decent commentator though, so I'll probably just leave it in the background.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ramadu posted:

The 90s were a magical time for weird as gently caress games

I only had SNES until the ps1 came out =[

E: wait I don't regret that

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Back when this game came out it was pretty impressive at its time. The sickness isn't as bad if you're controlling it and he's intentionally doing things that make you go faster which don't help - instead of just going in 1 direction he's most always traveling in 3 to increase his speed further than traveling on 1 axis. I used to love the game back when it was out but Descent 2 is the best :colbert:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

flyboi posted:

Back when this game came out it was pretty impressive at its time. The sickness isn't as bad if you're controlling it and he's intentionally doing things that make you go faster which don't help - instead of just going in 1 direction he's most always traveling in 3 to increase his speed further than traveling on 1 axis. I used to love the game back when it was out but Descent 2 is the best :colbert:

Yep. (And nobody mentions or admits the existence of Descent 3.)

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
The game isn't nearly as disorienting/nauseating if you're playing it normally, he keeps wobbling around because apparently it makes you go faster or something.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

flyboi posted:

That said, though, people still used to complain all the time that Descent made them sick. So it's not a new reaction.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

imagine being such a weak rear end baby that a wiggling video game makes you need to puke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Eonwe posted:

this is a good game

It's not a good game. It's a great game.

• Locked thread