Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

AKA the saddest collection of sad sacks you ever did see.

They actually do have a cartoon thread where they just praise Branco over and over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I was watching this talk on Offence by Rowson which is interesting. He did say something which I think really separates him from the vast majority of cartoonists, especially in the US, which is that the role of the satirist is to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable, don't attack people for what they are, but for what they think and to only attack those more powerful than him; don't punch down.

Also, this place is amusing.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Sputnik, I want you to know - I would totally buy a coffee table book of Ye Fowl Heralds.

If it sells well enough you might even get an angry, angry drinky duck strip about YFH :v:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

D.N. Nation posted:

So egg prices might go up because of a humane cage law.

How terrible! I'm Lisa Benson, and I prefer my chickens to have lived horrible lives if it means my scramble is cheap, dammit!

Oh look, Lisa doesn't exactly have the pulse of the business community. Again.

I don't care what anyone says, you can taste eggs produced under despair, and you can taste eggs layed by free hens. Best eggs in the world come from Kangaroo Island, where the hens are just running around on a 4000 acre farm.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

...Why is Pakistan nukes an issue? Haven't they had them for like decades? :confused: Is there some recent issue about the government possibly losing control of them I haven't heard of?

..no? They still have 120 warheads left over, and they are not giving those up unless India does, too. So, not under any circumstances.

On the one hand, its not exactly fair to say to a country like Pakistan, which has had so many wars with India, that they have to give up the nuclear deterrent but India doesn't. On the other, Pakistan is incredibly unstable, and the thought that a pre-existing nuclear stockpile could fall into the hands of anyone who fills the power vacuum is a big issue.

Edit: Oh, misread. I thought you were claiming they hadn't had them for decades. But yes, any signifigant shift in Pakistan could end up with their nuclear stockpile in the wrong hands, and supposedly Obama has said thats what scares him. The stability of the country hasn't improved significantly, so its an ongoing fear, not one that just gets sparked over and over.

zoux posted:

Uh no I mean the theoretical exact opposite of here D&D where everyone is a strong conservative and they think the opposite things.

So Gunchat?

And once again I have to ask, on this Nega-D&D politoons thread, do they have an evil version of Pants Donkey?

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 6, 2015

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fulchrum posted:

And once again I have to ask, on this Nega-D&D politoons thread, do they have an evil version of Pants Donkey?

Pants Donkey is the evil version of Pants Donkey.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SedanChair posted:

They actually do have a cartoon thread where they just praise Branco over and over again.

Of course it's Branco

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Tony Branco:
  • draws cartoons on behalf of beleaguered grassroots group the American Energy Alliance (NB they actually do describe themselves as a "grassroots" group, while spending multi-millions of dollars on "Obama Bad" ad campaigns. it's true and i hate them.)
  • unflinchingly depicts Muslims as 100% smelly dumb beardmen, as real as it gets imo
  • captures Obama's soggy egg-yolk eyelids and wilted Shrek ears with photographic accuracy
  • is dumb, and a gently caress head, and shits in a mug and sips on it daily because Austin Powers is his spirit animal

so yes, Anthony F. Branco is a Conservative Hero.

A HUNGRY MOUTH fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 6, 2015

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I find it difficult to believe anyone actually enjoys anything about Branco's artwork.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
He really nails that "oooh liberals would be furious if they saw this" vibe, which you can take to the bank as far as right wing media is concerned.

And predictably, we deliver on the liberal furiousness.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
If Tony Branco (or anyone) wants to laugh at me laughing at him that's fine; I'm not the one who thinks Glenn Beck is a better person than Al Gore.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Jedit posted:

I think he means Something Sensitive, or whatever that "Lowtax and his goons are so mean so I'm making my own SA with rainbows and marshmallows and fluffy unicorns and you can all come and play with me" forum is.

Nnnnno SS is more like "SA has become too ~sensitive~ and I got permabanned for being a bigot so we're gonna make our own forum with blackjack and hookers".

They totally would have a conservative-leaning negaverse politoons thread if their whole forum weren't devoted to bitching about how lame and SJW-filled SA is.

e: oh whoops there's another page

Portals fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 6, 2015

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Shugojin posted:

Sputnik, I want you to know - I would totally buy a coffee table book of Ye Fowl Heralds.

If it sells well enough you might even get an angry, angry drinky duck strip about YFH :v:

I imagine I'd need Tinsley's permission to begin with, unless I just published the parodies without context, which would be really weird. Like a book of punchlines without the knock-knock joke.

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm

Saint Sputnik posted:

Like a book of punchlines without the knock-knock joke.

Perhaps that's what Tinsley has been all along. On the very last strip we learn it was all just a whiskey-soaked dream of a man in a coma.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Conservative party – Labour has rubbished a 'dodgy dossier riddled with untruths' unveiled by George Osborne on Monday, which claimed that the opposition party had committed to £21bn of extra spending" Also, Conservative election poster: Tories use picture of German road in 'road to recovery' election poster

Telegraph:

Euro touches a nine-year low against US dollar; Cargo ship Solent: Salvage team boards stranded vessel

Independent:

A&E performance in England 'likely to hit new low'

Times:

Last Thursday's Mail:

Mail:

"Oh no. Not another bloody Maserati!" Goldman Sachs paid highest bonuses to staff in 2013

And now, main Politoon thread, introducing the Brit thread's favourite, Paul Thomas.

Express:

Now our cookers will feel the heat from Brussels

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Cloud Potato posted:

And now, main Politoon thread, introducing the Brit thread's favourite, Paul Thomas.

Express:

Ah, Thomas' debut. Some of those here might be wondering, what is this strange cartoony man about? Perhaps he is like JRR Rose and makes harmless jokes about daily things. You are wrong. This is what Thomas is about.

Thomas hates migrants.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cloud Potato posted:

Express:

Is this Europe's answer to

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Thomas seems like a total poo poo.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Thomas seems like a total poo poo.

He is.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Stultus Maximus posted:

I love how Bish didn't date this. It truly is timelessly awful :v:

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

SedanChair posted:

Wait is this a real place or is this just still a hypothetical? Link?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Shugojin posted:

I love how Bish didn't date this. It truly is timelessly awful :v:

That's a bit harsh. While it might be unintended, Edison is drawn in a perfect "Now how can I use that guy for my advantage." pose.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Canada's terrible Veteran's Affairs Minister got booted (and replaced with a Canadian Forces veteran no less, to head off opposition talking points about how much the ruling Conservatives bungled the entire VA debacle heading into an election year) and shuffled off to a junior ministerial posting with the Ministry of Defence that includes a bunch of smaller responsibilities like information security and Arctic sovereignty.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

If the turkey counts as the bird in this one I'm going to be pissed. Bird watching was the only redeemable thing about his lovely work.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

This one guy made a thing one time and now we can never improve on it gently caress you if you try.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

All the other times I've seen that cartoon, for some reason it never occurred to me to make fun of the fact that Bish apparently thinks CFLs were invented by "a government fellow" rather than a team of scientists and engineers like everything else in the world.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Stultus Maximus posted:

As always, the next panel is Edison saying,"Excellent, I'll take the idea from him, patent it under my own name and rake in the money and the glory forever."

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

loquacius posted:

All the other times I've seen that cartoon, for some reason it never occurred to me to make fun of the fact that Bish apparently thinks CFLs were invented by "a government fellow" rather than a team of scientists and engineers like everything else in the world.

Also, Edison, anything, tesla

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Why did government fellows force us to drive cars? Carriages were just fine.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Randler posted:

That's a bit harsh. While it might be unintended, Edison is drawn in a perfect "Now how can I use that guy for my advantage." pose.
He's also in a perfect "welp, I guess today is the day I murder a man from the government" pose. Like he's already trying to figure out where to bury the body.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

SCOAMF?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

^^^ "So Called..."? I'unno.

Oh, his beard suddenly came back. Good, I guess.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Fulchrum posted:

I'm thinking dress-wearing elephant.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

This is so dumb I just have to concede that the McCoys have broken me.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

:aaa: Uh. Hm. Really. I. What???

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Apparently it's a right-wing blog thing that's been around for at least 3+ years. Never heard it before today though.

http://theothermccain.com/2011/09/05/scoamf-nation/

Stands for "Stuttering Clusterfuck of a Miserable Failure"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

They were SO CLOSE to breaking, too.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

judging by the other side of the coffin it seems like there should be at least one more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

colonel_korn posted:

Stands for "Stuttering Clusterfuck of a Miserable Failure"

Hrmph, I always thought I'd have noticed Obama writing politoons. :shrug:

• Locked thread