Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Make castle crashers 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

This game may not be the fastest, but Jedi Knight II made up for it early.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mr E posted:

Jedi Knight II was literally speedrunning.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Mr E posted:

Dark Forces 2.

Jedi Knight 1.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
This obviously isn't relevant right now but I thought the uncharted run yesterday was cooler that I expected it to be. Interesting seeing that chapter 17 and chapter 14 (or whatever it was) are actually rendered at the same time and all you have to do is make it through a wall to get there.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Dias posted:

Jedi Knight II was literally speedrunning.

There was so much speedrunning. We even made a boss speedrun! Into a wall. it killed him.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Dias posted:

It's Touhou!

I don't get the Touhou fangames. I understand why they want Touhou games but don't do the official games (all shmups and fighting games), but who gives a poo poo about some boring anime-themed Mega Man ripoff or whatever poo poo that is?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
No, I'm pretty sure the dev is super drunk right now.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PantsBandit posted:

This obviously isn't relevant right now but I thought the uncharted run yesterday was cooler that I expected it to be. Interesting seeing that chapter 17 and chapter 14 (or whatever it was) are actually rendered at the same time and all you have to do is make it through a wall to get there.

The Uncharted run was great, yeah. "I didn't feel like doing the next two chapters so I just skipped them."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
"What"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dpbjinc posted:

I don't get the Touhou fangames. I understand why they want Touhou games but don't do the official games (all shmups and fighting games), but who gives a poo poo about some boring anime-themed Mega Man ripoff or whatever poo poo that is?

I'm just the messenger here, man. Although I'll say that some of those fangames aren't too bad and make for quick-ish filler runs.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Dev commentary runs are always great for those moments where the devs just go "Wait, what the gently caress?"

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Dark Forces 2.

Jedi Knight 1.

Crud, forgot that JKII is Outcast, that's also a good speedgame.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

dpbjinc posted:

You would apparently be really surprised

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

dpbjinc posted:

understand why they want Touhou games but don't do the official games (all shmups and fighting games)

Double Spoiler and Shoot The Bullet are actually really speedrunnable shmups as a consequence of how unique they are in the genre and I think was actually supposed to be at an SGDQ but didn't happen due to the runner being unable to make it. Here's Double Spoiler Done Quick, it's cool.

anyway what's there to get, people like thing and they also like other thing so put things together and acquire even better thing. I know it doesn't actually work that way but the thinking isn't completely beyond comprehension.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Glad you liked it.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Wow, that was a hell of an estimate.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
That estimate was on-point :frog:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Almost on the dot.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Over the estimate, redo

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
43 seconds over estimates? Wow what scrubs

I like this ending song though

EDIT: Oh the buckle your pants song is even better

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Valex posted:

43 hundredths of a second.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Valex posted:

43 milliseconds*

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
RIP Hatty

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

dpbjinc posted:

It's a nice NSMB style game that does its own thing and I'm interested to see how it's done. I just hope the runner's good.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this is where the game's "humor" kinda loses me

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Chat is spamming emotes so hard that the entirety of twitch is lagging.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Buckle up

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
"This is what happens when you beat the game?"

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
why is Touhou a thing in AGDQ anyways? People spam twitch Touhou icons and there's always a Touhou fangame and I don't understand why.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

This is so monkeycheese it actively hurts.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

why is Touhou a thing in AGDQ anyways? People spam twitch Touhou icons and there's always a Touhou fangame and I don't understand why.

nerds and touhou what is not to understand

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

weekly font posted:

This is so monkeycheese it actively hurts.

gently caress you that's hilarious.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
That ending was beautiful

filthychimp
Jan 2, 2006
Damned dirty ape

dpbjinc posted:

The official games are shmups, which really just makes them glorified autoscrollers. The fighting games are cool, but like most fighting game speedruns, are just spamming the most optimal attack over and over.

And poo poo son, Megamari is of the best megaman games ever made.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

That Battleblock ending? That's how their next game begins. The death of the giant space-bear brings about the apocalypse, and then poo poo gets REALLY weird.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I noticed during the song that my pants were actually unbuckled. I corrected that.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

that ending was freakin' EPIC!!!! just like the entire last three hours of my life!!!! godsagan bless you funney voice man

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Crain posted:

"This is what happens when you beat the game?"

That was a good delivery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken posted:

They're popular and bring donations.

Remember that doll during one of the GDQs? The site that sells them crashed cause of people buying it during AGDQ and they got a bunch of donations.

• Locked thread