Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tou Hou Down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

why is Touhou a thing in AGDQ anyways? People spam twitch Touhou icons and there's always a Touhou fangame and I don't understand why.

touhou games are fun and have cool music

and lots of people want to gently caress the touhous but i don't like those people

Jibo posted:

45 minutes of pedo bullshit. :geno:

gently caress off

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

HGH posted:

Oh, They Bleed Pixels is after this. That game's infuriatingly hard, I wonder how it'll be done.

i'm actually pretty hype for it since it's pretty much like super meat boy or some poo poo, so speedrun strats should be interesting

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015
The never ending forehead

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

Oh, They Bleed Pixels is after this. That game's infuriatingly hard, I wonder how it'll be done.

I thought people were ok with this stuff ever since Touhouvania but apparently not.

Oi, overreacting about animes is a tradition of Something Awful, do not dare besmirch it.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Why do they run everything windowed? Does potentially changing resolutions in fullscreen mode mess with the capture hardware?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That ain't so much receding hairline as it is a strip of desertification on an otherwise luxurious rainforest.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Dias posted:

That ain't so much receding hairline as it is a strip of desertification on an otherwise luxurious rainforest.

A couple years away from the full Bolton.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
Okay this loving sucks.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I had a fleeting moment of hope that this game might be OK like Touhouvania, but I guess not.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Carados posted:

Okay this loving sucks.

Yeah how can they call it New Marisa Land and not have the animes stop to dance to the music like in NSMB it's not right.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

The_Franz posted:

Why do they run everything windowed? Does potentially changing resolutions in fullscreen mode mess with the capture hardware?

I don't stream, but what I've gleaned as a viewer is that fullscreen is a crapshoot from game to game and running windowed is much more reliable if the game supports it in any kind of reasonable way.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Internet Kraken posted:

Does it have local coop? It really only seems like fun if the person you are playing with is in the same room.

It does.

Haste Mistake
Oct 14, 2008

Here I go!
Kicking you in the hands!
Get your hands down here!
This game was approved for AGDQ

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Jibo posted:

45 minutes of pedo bullshit. :geno:

bugger off

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

Wonder what is causing this issue.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This is the saddest trombone.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
What happened anyways? I tuned out for a bit and then I'm seeing the stream having an aneurysm.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

CarpetCrawler posted:

It's probably Windows 8. Windows 8 just fucks things up arbitrarily in all kinds of games.

Tracula posted:

What happened anyways? I tuned out for a bit and then I'm seeing the stream having an aneurysm.

Bizarrely the sound is playing at half-speed and they're trying to fix it.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
The computer overdosed on anime.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
This game looks pretty bad and I can't wait for them to fix the stream so we can all see this lovely Gamemaker platformer. :geno:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Tracula posted:

The sound (and nothing else) is playing at half speed, which is weird.

I imagine this will end up getting cut, or at least put on at a different time. Which is a shame, as this and Megamari are actually pretty good.

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

Tracula posted:

The game sound is super slowed-down for some reason and they've been struggling for almost 20 minutes to get it fixed.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Mighty Dicktron posted:

They can't stop themselves from being terrified of anything remotely resembling an anime. There's nothing you can do about it, so don't worry I guess.

Touhou fan games are pretty far from "remotely resembling anime".

Gamma Nerd posted:

gently caress off

:lol:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

CarpetCrawler posted:

The stream is trying to do everyone a favor.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

New Concept Hole posted:

Who gives a poo poo about charity ONLY PLAY GAMES I LIKE

Anime nerds don't have money to donate so gently caress'em

EDIT:Wow that stream emptied out. Hopefully it more due to it being offline to swap games and not just because an objectively bad game is up next.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Rip

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Wow that is a huge plummet in viewers.

dude789 posted:

It does.

Cool. I'll probably have to get it at some point, for some reason up until now I was under the impression it only had online coop.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

RyokoTK posted:

This game looks pretty bad and I can't wait for them to fix the stream so we can all see this lovely Gamemaker platformer. :geno:

This. When I left they were playing F Zero GX with Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight up next what the gently caress happened this is a real loving garbage block of games.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
now this is the speedrun action i have been waiting for

FANSean
Nov 9, 2010

Crain posted:

Anime nerds don't have money to donate so gently caress'em

dude what anime nerds dish out like thousands for a plush of their waifu

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

FANSean posted:

dude what anime nerds dish out like thousands for a plush of their waifu

Yeah, they spend thousands on their lame body pillows leaving nothing behind to donate.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Cancer won, anime was the trojan.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
The Touhou plushies have taken their revenge after being banned.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Of course - Anime kills the marathon.

RIP

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

HGH posted:

I am explicitly staying up to watch that run because I can't wait for someone to wreck that game. I managed to drag myself through chapter 3 one level at a time before throwing in the towel. I could not do it.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Speedrun ruined by Windows 8, everyone blames anime and cancer. Microsoft gets off scot free again

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Jibo posted:

Touhou fan games are pretty far from "remotely resembling anime".

:lol:

i've played touhou games for 7 years and have no desire to gently caress underage girls

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I think someone told them the hotel is within 2500 feet of a school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
oh jesus he's trying to explain touhou nevermind it's terrible

• Locked thread