Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

ahahahahaha they're just going to do the run anyway, what a mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
I'm not really a fan of anime but if it brings in the donations I'm cool with it for now. I'll come back when it's done. :)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Gamma Nerd posted:

i've played touhou games for 7 years and have no desire to gently caress underage girls

yeah, i'm sure things started cooling down a bit once you got past 6

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Stream popped up when I reopened my browser and holy poo poo, this group of kids hovering around the runner are the most awkward people I have seen in a very long time.

Game sucks, fans suck, this block sucks.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Wow, like 50k, viewers. Down from 110k. Good choice guys.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Ladies and gentleman the champion of speedrunning this touhou poo poo because no one else in the entire world cares.

Roonerspism
Nov 12, 2010
Hahaha I tune in to the touhou run out of obligation to my enjoyment of the official games and it's going so extremely badly I love it

Gamerofthegame posted:

oh jesus he's trying to explain touhou nevermind it's terrible

uuuuggghhh I knooowww

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I'm glad they took the time to explain the lore behind this anime magical girl game

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Wow that guy had the biggest loving grin while explaining that reference.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Wow yeah it does look like poo poo. Just like a woefully boring generic Mario knockoff. Also this fuckin dork in the background is explaining the Touhou mythos. This is super painful.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

If AGDQ wanted to do some real good they'd turn the names in of everybody who donates during this run to CPS.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

CarpetCrawler posted:

ahahahahaha they're just going to do the run anyway, what a mess.

they actually fixed the sound

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Is the anime thing covering 1/4th of the screen part of the game?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I was wrong. Please bring back UltraJman. He was less awkward and lovely than this.

Halo_BLEW
Jul 11, 2000

by Lowtax
Honestly, despite the problems with the setup, I'm actually enjoying this more than Battleblocks.

I know as much about Toho as I do about Battleblocks Theater, but the runner and the couch crew seem to be enjoying themselves a lot, and the game is interesting.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Those guys would be popping the biggest boners if it weren't for chemical castration.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Chieves posted:

If AGDQ wanted to do some real good they'd turn the names in of everybody who donates during this run to CPS.

Crain posted:

Those guys would be popping the biggest boners if it weren't for chemical castration.

lol epic joke my friend, all people who like anime definitely want to rape children

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

stuxracer posted:

Is the anime thing covering 1/4th of the screen part of the game?

Yes. Unfortunately.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Remember what I said earlier about not watching poo poo you don't like?

Yeah I'm going to be a huge hypocrite because goddamn this is dire and has no place in a marathon.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

How much do i have to donate to make it stop?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
hm. sounds like a lot of people here just hate fun.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Gamma Nerd posted:

lol epic joke my friend, all people who like anime definitely want to rape children

Well not after the courts got finished with them.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Gamma Nerd posted:

Nah, just this particular one.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

Critical posted:

Yeah I'm going to be a huge hypocrite because goddamn this is dire and has no place in a marathon.

Yeah I'm right about here too because god drat, this is awkward as gently caress and oh hey they're barely reaching back to 70k viewers. :effort:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

actually I take it back this does suck

pedoshit is still a bit strong mind you but the grand tradition of goons kneejerking to the weirdest loving conclusions has to be carried on by someone.

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

all right, the slowed-down music is actually making this run kinda funny.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I can't believe what huge losers these drat anime turbonerds are!!! *stays up late watching other people play video games on the internet*

Halo_BLEW
Jul 11, 2000

by Lowtax

Critical posted:

Haruharuharuko posted:

How much do i have to donate to make it stop?

Jesus, all this negativity for a charity stream? It's fine if you're not enjoying the stream content, no one is forcing you to watch.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Chieves posted:

Nah, just this particular one.

Pretty much.

I like One Piece and for some reason people aren't falling over themselves to make fan games over characters from that series. It's almost like people have an unhealthy obsession with the children from Touhou.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
The people on cam right now look like a setup for one of those pictures where everyone has fake names over their heads

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Halo_BLEW posted:

Jesus, all this negativity for a charity stream? It's fine if you're not enjoying the stream content, no one is forcing you to watch.

I will literally give to charity to get garbage fan made nongames the gently caress off a stream used to show the good video games can do.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
This sucks big poo poo.

FANSean
Nov 9, 2010
nah goons have to call anything with an anime aesthetic pedoshit, it's how you know they're edgy

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

absolutely anything posted:

hm. sounds like a lot of people here just hate fun.

Yeah this lovely run of a slow anime game is definitely comparable to a run of a fast puzzle platformer with dev commentary.

EDIT: I mean really, anime aside this game is slooooooooooooooooow. I don't get why they don't pick a fast platformer cause there are plenty of those.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Like I don't even give a gently caress that's it's anime waifu poo poo. It's a poorly thrown together Mario ripoff that sucks poo poo through ten bricks.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Ok I figured out how to make this ok Watch the asian guy on the right and everytime he makes a senpai noticed me face drink.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Critical posted:

Like I don't even give a gently caress that's it's anime waifu poo poo. It's a poorly thrown together Mario ripoff that sucks poo poo through ten bricks.

Yeah, this would be fine as a bonus stream game but I really don't get it being part of the main marathon.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
You would have to be a sick twisted little creep to enjoy this game imo.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Jibo posted:

Pretty much.

I like One Piece and for some reason people aren't falling over themselves to make fan games over characters from that series. It's almost like people have an unhealthy obsession with the children from Touhou.

There are people who'll fixate creepily on any underage characters, the Touhou dude just happens to be a terrible artist who can't draw breasts so all his characters look about 10. Thankfully he doesn't sexualize them whatsoever.

He makes loving awesome games and music so I don't mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
can you imagine if super mario bros had a decal of whatever powerup mario was using that took up 25% of the screen

• Locked thread