Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

This drop in viewership! It's almost like it's bedtime for normal people on the east coast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
http://youtu.be/-onWNxvSLVk?t=43s

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

African AIDS cum posted:

This sucks big poo poo.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this is aping mario and it's somehow way slower than mario

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

FANSean posted:

nah goons have to call anything with an anime aesthetic pedoshit, it's how you know they're edgy

What if I think the game is poo poo because of the gameplay not the anime, at least the commentary is better than most runs.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Haruharuharuko posted:

I will literally give to charity to get garbage fan made nongames the gently caress off a stream used to show the good video games can do.

Looks like a game to me.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah this lovely run of a slow anime game is definitely comparable to a run of a fast puzzle platformer with dev commentary.

EDIT: I mean really, anime aside this game is slooooooooooooooooow. I don't get why they don't pick a fast platformer cause there are plenty of those.

wowzers. what a negative nancy.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
If they were going to play a problematic animu game couldn't it at least have been Killer is Dead or something?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

This seems more appropriate.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
This is seirously epic

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

African AIDS cum posted:

This sucks big poo poo.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Thing is if it was real Touhou I actually would be ok with it because other than the aesthetic they're actually good shmups this is just drek.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Not to jump on the eww bandwagon but I'm genuinely confused about the little girl thing with all these games.

It'd probably be cool if a non-indie game unironically had a younger girl as a character because they're totally underrepresented (the same way you'd have an adventurous boy in a coming of age style thing) and there are a lot of 8-12 girls playing games. Not as some thing for creeps to ogle.

Also this game is boring as poo poo, I mean he doesn't even die when he falls in the Mario fish level. Whatever raising money for cancer I guess.

E: I like the Asian dude's "No they're based on mythology. This is actually really deep."

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Crain posted:

lol

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I actually want to see the Within a Deep Forest run since I remember that game from years back being tough as loving balls but really drat fun.

fake edit: lol at the explanation of save vs killing the animals.

FANSean
Nov 9, 2010

Mr E posted:

What if I think the game is poo poo because of the gameplay not the anime, at least the commentary is better than most runs.

yeah that's fine then, if you don't like it, fair enough. Pedoshit commentary is just grating since touhou fans have to deal with that incessantly.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Aw man they dodged the 'argue over who's the best Touhou' bait. Seeing a bunch of nerds argue about that for the next 30 minutes would have been funny at least

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

Mr E posted:

RaindropDry is a good dude and is pretty knowledgeable in his games, he's also the WR-holder for Rockman 4 Minus Infinity. Unfortunate that his GDQ debut is this messy.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
How many times has someone asked what the Save/Kill the animals thing is about and no one really bothers to explain it?

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
"Super Metroid bid war and I'm not going to actually explain what it means like the person asked because lol."

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, they explained the animals!

This run and the commentary isn't bad, actually. I mean, the game's quality is...arguable, and it's Touhou, but it's not a terrible run.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Good Citizen posted:

Aw man they dodged the 'argue over who's the best Touhou' bait. Seeing a bunch of nerds argue about that for the next 30 minutes would have been funny at least

More importantly it probably would have gotten a donation war started which would have been an actual good thing.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

androo posted:

Not to jump on the eww bandwagon but I'm genuinely confused about the little girl thing with all these games.

Gamma Nerd posted:

the Touhou dude just happens to be a terrible artist who can't draw breasts so all his characters look about 10. Thankfully he doesn't sexualize them whatsoever.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
This sucks even more than battleblock theatre.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Che Delilas posted:

"Super Metroid bid war and I'm not going to actually explain what it means like the person asked because lol."

not knowing anything about who actually does the announcing but surely the chance that they just don't know themselves is non-zero?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Luceid posted:

This sucks even more than battleblock theatre.

WOW. Wow. wow.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Yeah uh, I don't believe you at all.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
I don't give a poo poo whether or not it's an anime game but why is it this and not one of the actual bullet hell games? Watching someone really good at bullet hell games is exciting. This is super dull.

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

I'm glad this and BBT was on instead of 1-handed Vanquish. Or anything else.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

CarpetCrawler posted:

RaindropDry is a good dude and is pretty knowledgeable in his games, he's also the WR-holder for Rockman 4 Minus Infinity. Unfortunate that his GDQ debut is this messy.

Yeah, all my issues so far have been about the game's quality besides the dude saying that the game's lore is deep or whatever, runner seems fine. Oh wait the character just turned giant and gained huge boobs

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
And now there's some tig ol's on screen.

What was that about not sexualizing...

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

"this level is really great for casual play"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The dude that made Touhou is basically a drunk gently caress that composed cool tracks and then had to make a game so he could fit those tracks somewhere, right? The fanbase can be deplorable sometimes - case in point.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Crain posted:

watching a cringefest like this is actually enjoyable in its own way

it's the comedic relief from the actual, quality speedruns

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Dash O Pepper posted:

I'm glad this and BBT was on instead of 1-handed Vanquish. Or anything else.

hm, same

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Giant Baps Spotted

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Wake me when they speedrun an actual shmup Touhou game, Touhouvania was pretty sweet but this is like streamed Nyquil

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Aristophanes posted:

I don't give a poo poo whether or not it's an anime game but why is it this and not one of the actual bullet hell games? Watching someone really good at bullet hell games is exciting. This is super dull.

Besides them being an auto-scroller aside from fighting bosses? It's hard to show 'gotta go fast' when you're enforced to a 2 and half min long level before getting into something you can influence the time it takes to complete.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

This is your marathon on anime. Any questions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Does anyone have a viewer graph for when this started? I just wanna see that drop off.

• Locked thread