Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Aristophanes posted:

I don't give a poo poo whether or not it's an anime game but why is it this and not one of the actual bullet hell games? Watching someone really good at bullet hell games is exciting. This is super dull.

Aren't bullet hells all auto scrolling? Can you even speed run those really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Propaganda Hour posted:

WOW. Wow. wow.

it bad.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Crain posted:

This is your marathon on anime. Any questions?

the game is NOT about sexualizing little girls dude. Gah

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Dash O Pepper posted:

I'm glad this and BBT was on instead of 1-handed Vanquish. Or anything else.

BBT wasn't bad and can actually be considered a well put together game, whether you like the content or not. This I can't defend at all.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Tracula posted:

Does anyone have a viewer graph for when this started? I just wanna see that drop off.

Well they went offline right before so there's going to be a massive drop that's not the fault of the current run.

That said they're down 30-40k from BBT

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dias posted:

Hey, they explained the animals!

This run and the commentary isn't bad, actually. I mean, the game's quality is...arguable, and it's Touhou, but it's not a terrible run.

it's more that the game is just boring to watch

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Crain posted:

And now there's some tig ol's on screen.

What was that about not sexualizing...

The creator of the actual series doesn't. The fans are terrible and totally do, because they are anime fans. (This is a fan game and not an actual touhou as has been said a million times before)

This game is pretty bad.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Good Citizen posted:

The only speed you can get out of Touhou games is to kill the bosses fast, otherwise they're 100% on rails as far as I know.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Sage Grimm posted:

Besides them being an auto-scroller aside from fighting bosses? It's hard to show 'gotta go fast' when you're enforced to a 2 and half min long level before getting into something you can influence the time it takes to complete.

If you speedrun a shmup you'd just be bombing all the boss patterns, it'd be boring as hell to watch. Shoot the Bullet/Double Spoiler are actually super legit speedgames though, and I think Ihavenoname was going to run it at SGDQ, but he couldn't make it.

Roonerspism
Nov 12, 2010
^^^^^
way to make my exact post seconds before me

Good Citizen posted:

Two of the official games are entirely boss fights and make for okay speedrun games, one of them was on the schedule of some GDQ a year or two ago but then the runner ended up not coming or something

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Excited bout anime

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im glad theyre collecting money to cure autism its desperately needed

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

oatgan posted:

it's more that the game is just boring to watch

I agree, just saying that it's not a trainwreck, it's just...there.

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

I just don't get some of the scheduling choices this year. They put Battleblock and this anime fangame in the highly watched evening slots but Rocket Knight Adventures and Dynamite Headdy are buried in the dead of night? What?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Good Citizen posted:

yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TGRj4zFCqA

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Last time I think they did a couple touhou platformers side by side and they were fun because they were more broken and difficult.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

deadpan posted:

I just don't get some of the scheduling choices this year. They put Battleblock and this anime fangame in the highly watched evening slots but Rocket Knight Adventures and Dynamite Headdy are buried in the dead of night? What?

BBT had a pretty big audience though.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

tony police
Sep 22, 2006

Critical posted:

BBT wasn't bad and can actually be considered a well put together game, whether you like the content or not. This I can't defend at all.

At least this will be over in the amount of time it'd take to watch an episode of GameCenter CX.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

androo posted:

Last time I think they did a couple touhou platformers side by side and they were fun because they were more broken and difficult.

The Megaman clone looked like a fun game, plus it was full of classic Megaman tricks anyway.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice
Touhou games would be just as popular if instead of little anime girls it were about spaceships.

Oh wait no, this poo poo sucks.

What games were scrapped from the marathon to make room for this?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Good Citizen posted:

Ah, true.

Still, loving the guy who was like "you can any% this in 15 mins" but we have to wait through 45 mins of it because they're doing some arbitrary mushroom poo poo.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

PotU posted:

im glad theyre collecting money to cure autism its desperately needed

I'm surprised none of the announces have accidentally said Something Autistic instead of Something Artistic yet. Doubly surprised since we got a Something Awful earlier.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
one of the guys looks like zun

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Atma posted:

Even if the game would have been growing grass it was a mistake.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Sad to see Yoshifan associating with these degenerates.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

androo posted:

They were pretty entertaining to watch and I don't think the commentator was this boring.

deadpan posted:

I at least got to watch RKA thanks to living on a rock in the Pacific!

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Yeah, this seems like a poor choice of game, and the guy trying to explain all things Touhou is just painful to watch.

There's plenty of far more speedrunnable Touhou fangames that don't have Giant Titty Borders. Like Touhouvania 2, which they did for SGDQ and kinda owned.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

one of the guys looks like zun

Every gaunt asian dude looks like ZUN to be fair

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Should have just replaced this with 45 minutes of Salty Bet if they wanted something with Touhou that's worth watching.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Tracula posted:

Does anyone have a viewer graph for when this started? I just wanna see that drop off.

http://stats.twitchapps.com/

104k down to 42k at one point back up to around 75k now.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gamma Nerd posted:

Every gaunt asian dude looks like ZUN to be fair

Is he drunk tho.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Dash O Pepper posted:

At least this will be over in the amount of time it'd take to watch an episode of GameCenter CX.

I'd be up for a block hosted by Arino called Awesome Game Done Eventually.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

Atma posted:

Touhou games would be just as popular if instead of little anime girls it were about spaceships.

Oh wait no, this poo poo sucks.

IS.exe is too fast when you know all the commands.

Roonerspism
Nov 12, 2010

Dias posted:

The Megaman clone looked like a fun game, plus it was full of classic Megaman tricks anyway.

Yeah Megamari is basically the perfect touhou fangame to run at one of these because it has no weird off-putting bullshit in it like this one and is also actually a good game

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

I don't think this guy is alive

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
It can't be ZUN. There's no alcohol allowed.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

13/f/cali posted:

I'd be up for a block hosted by Arino called Awesome Game Done Eventually.

Awesome Game Done Eventually (or not). It still takes a full week to complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
Actually nvm this is total poo poo but batteblock theatre was worse.

• Locked thread