Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Can someone please buy STEEL BALL SNYPAH! emoticon, thanks

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

He would get domed by space ripper stingy eyes, no chance. Only the ripple works on vampires

Except Straits was filled with holes and gibbed by a tommy gun and some grenades. If Joseph had just separated the pieces a bit he probably wouldn't have been able to re-assemble.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Straits is weaker than DIO

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
If you guys seriously want to play "who can beat Goku" with me I'm warning you I don't back down

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Can you beat goku.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
No one can beat Goku if he's trying his hardest jfc

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If you guys seriously want to play "who can beat Goku" with me I'm warning you I don't back down

Beerus can.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Not at super saiyan 4.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Goku woulda pwned Beerus given enough time to train dude

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Broseph Brostar posted:

Goku woulda pwned Beerus given enough time to train dude

What about Whis?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Not at super saiyan 4.

That was Super Saiyan God, dork.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Not at super saiyan 4.

Super Saiyan 4 Goku almost lost his poo poo when he saw syn shenron had the power to blow up part of a city, and SSJ4 vegeta had trouble holding up a skyscraper.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Straits is weaker than DIO
Straits was just loving weird, possibly the weakest part of Battle Tendency I'd say. So this guy just cracked after fifty years of living a decent life and became a vampire so he could be pretty, and then he went after Joseph to try and destroy the Ripple (I guess he killed all his own students or something?) except then he'd have to go fight Lisa Lisa and Caesar while being literally the exact thing their kung fu is best at destroying?

Clearly Araki was still in full poo poo-making-up mode at the time.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Nessus posted:

Are you implying he switched modes at some point?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Nessus posted:

Straits was just loving weird, possibly the weakest part of Battle Tendency I'd say. So this guy just cracked after fifty years of living a decent life and became a vampire so he could be pretty, and then he went after Joseph to try and destroy the Ripple (I guess he killed all his own students or something?) except then he'd have to go fight Lisa Lisa and Caesar while being literally the exact thing their kung fu is best at destroying?

You act like "being pretty" is not an admirable goal, and yet you read JJBA?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You act like "being pretty" is not an admirable goal, and yet you read JJBA?
that's true, I've been reading too many lesser works lately

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Welp, finished Vento Aureo. Can't wait for the good translation to finish so that I can read that last fight and actually know what the gently caress is going on.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Welp, finished Vento Aureo. Can't wait for the good translation to finish so that I can read that last fight and actually know what the gently caress is going on.

I'd like a better translation too, but I wouldn't hold onto hope that the ending's going to make sense.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm not sure any amount of good translation is going to make anything from silver chariot requiem on make sense.

Like, what, bruno was a walking corpse so he mistook doppio for trish based on the spiritual energy, then doppio became diavolo and tried to attack polnareff but polly used the arrow on his stand and everyone fell asleep and switched bodies, but polly switched with coco jumbo so he was a turtle for a bit while the turtle would be in polnareff's body, but polnareff's body died so silver chariot requiem went nuts and took the arrow and ran off, so they tried getting the arrow from silver chariot requiem but at some point realized that what they were looking at was a shadow and that silver chariot requiem was actually a ball of light behind their heads orsomething, just in time too because the non-stand users who switched bodies had started becoming demons or something from another universe, and then with chariot requiem beaten everyone's bodies switched back except bruno who was dead, narancia who was dead, doppio who was dead, tho coco jumbo got his soul back so polnareff chilled out in the personal hell of a small room without a toilet for I guess eternity. Then some poo poo happened and giorno punched diavolo with gold experience requiem and made it so diavolo would experience dying forever but never reach death itself. Then after all that was over we got the rolling stone chapter which was a weird way to end part 5.

Yeah I'm not sure a good translation would help with any of that

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Get Speedwagon Junior to explain every step in detail and it'll be fine.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pomp fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 6, 2015

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

drat, I never thought I'd see a Skooks reference in a JoJo Thread.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So after getting hype and re-watching the current backlog of the anime, I've taken the plunge and am forging ahead with the mangas.

3 chapters into Diamond is UnbreakableNot Crash and I'm already a fan of Josuke, he's such a glorious dork. A worthy heir to the Joestar line.

(I will have to go back and read the Duwang versions at some point, just for completion's sake.)

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Fucknag posted:

A worthy hair to the Joestar line.

Fixed that for you.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fiend Computer posted:

Fixed that for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87urCLdnvo0

While looking for that video, I actually found a fandubbed version which is actually kinda decent for the most part?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Fiend Computer posted:

Fixed that for you.

Touche. :golfclap:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Joseph > Josuke > Johnny > Gappy > Jolyne > Jotaro > Jonathan > Giorno

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
What. Jonathan and Giorno are both bland, but at least Giorno is a fabulous gangstar.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Like yeah they're both boring, but did you see that thing Giorno can do with his ear? Puts him leagues ahead of Jonathan.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Jonathan barely even belongs on the list, honestly. The family must have gotten its personality genes from Lisa Lisa or something.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The family got its personality from Joseph because Lisa Lisa isn't that much in the way of personality either, she's pretty standard Master Miyagi fare.

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Iserlohn posted:

What. Jonathan and Giorno are both bland, but at least Giorno is a fabulous gangstar.

Giorno is a mafia kid who can't shut up about his gangstar dreams or being a good fellow.

If Jonathan doesn't find himself an oriental in the next five seconds he's going to kick you in the balls hard enough to land you in the hospital.

Also he sunk a boat with pure bullshit.

Jonathan > Giorno

edit: Also you see, in a fair fight, Jonathan would-

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Beef Waifu posted:

The family got its personality from Joseph because Lisa Lisa isn't that much in the way of personality either, she's pretty standard Master Miyagi fare.

She is, however, pretty fabulous. Can't say that one didn't carry down the line.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

She is, however, pretty fabulous. Can't say that one didn't carry down the line.

Counterpoint: DIO was the most fabulous of them all, and they got their stand powers from him, so why not other traits as well?

(As for young Joseph... uh, it was retroactive because of The World's time poo poo.)

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Fucknag posted:

Counterpoint: DIO was the most fabulous of them all, and they got their stand powers from him, so why not other traits as well?

(As for young Joseph... uh, it was retroactive because of The World's time poo poo.)

Joseph Joestar crashed a plane as a child and forgot he was supposed to be dull and stoic.

Alternatively, Speedwagon was his grandpa all along.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

C'mon, gang. Let's go to Tonio's.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The real question is why did George Joestar suck so much? Maybe the non-alliterative nickname?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
George II was pretty cool. He married Lisa Lisa and became WW Air Pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

George II was pretty cool. He married Lisa Lisa and became WW Air Pilot.

He got killed by a dude in a wheel chair. If there ever was a Yamcha jojo it was him.

• Locked thread