Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

stereotypes confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

UraniumAnchor posted:

Also after everybody said SGDQ looked dead because of the empty chairs in the background we decided to try less crowd shots, especially during night shift when the audience is <10% capacity.

Bad move, someone should be fired

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
this is indie game as heck

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Crain posted:

It was good the whole time.

At this point I'm not going to disagree with you because you're actually having a fun and cool time, which is what more people in this thread should try and have.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

theultimo posted:

He's here, not running anything.

He hasn't been running stuff recently either has he? Every time I see him on he's playing Smash 4.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug
I would settle for an extreme closeup of that guy's majestic beard

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

UraniumAnchor posted:

The camera currently on the runners is the one that would have to be moved to show a crowd shot.

Also after everybody said SGDQ looked dead because of the empty chairs in the background we decided to try less crowd shots, especially during night shift when the audience is <10% capacity.

It's a good idea, but for the bigger runs it kinda deadens the energy in the room especially with the lack of much crowd noise

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

This game seems pretty decent

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Poultron posted:

At this point I'm not going to disagree with you because you're actually having a fun and cool time, which is what more people in this thread should try and have.

There's always entertainment to be had. Even if it's just ripping on a bad game.

I wish they were able to get more Dev commentary. It's almost always great to hear how the dev feels about their games being bodied like this.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think I stopped after the giant furnace level so I'm eager to see that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

UraniumAnchor posted:

The camera currently on the runners is the one that would have to be moved to show a crowd shot.

if you cant see people in the background during the runs might as well just have people just stream remotely tbh

seeing the crowd get excited and yell and whatever is a big part of the fun imo

also allow some silly comments in instead of the constant "i lost my whole family to cancer" comments

like there isn't any fusion dance requests or other silly comments getting through, just family & friend cancer death donations

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Dr. Dos posted:

Good news! FF7 can be beaten in 3 hours now. It will be a treat and should be enjoyable if you have even a vague knowledge of the game.

Protip: ignore the FF7 run until they get out of Midgar and then grab the popcorn for some amazing sequence breaks. Up until then it's a pretty standard run.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Devs sounding mildly upset about exploits never gets old.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mr E posted:

It is. It's hard, but it controls nice, you can farm checkpoints and do air juggles and poo poo. I got it from a bundle and didn't get very far, but mostly because I wanted to play other games.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Mr E posted:

it is, especially for the price. mostly if you like hard platformers, though.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jibo posted:

Devs sounding mildly upset about exploits never gets old.

Counterpoint, I love when they freak out about them, like the Double Dragon Neon guys being shocked by some trick they show off.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I was around for Tropical Freeze through TASblock, been busy since then. Anything good I miss?

Also is Shovel Knight getting run? Because if not why isn't Shovel Knight getting run.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Countblanc posted:

Lol, what's with this indie pile?

It's art, duh.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So I was around for Tropical Freeze through TASblock, been busy since then. Anything good I miss?

Also is Shovel Knight getting run? Because if not why isn't Shovel Knight getting run.

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Uncharted and Dark Forces 2 are probably the highlights that you've missed, but I missed all of the overnight stuff so maybe there was something good in there too

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It is. Here: https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Uncharted was cool, Sonic Heroes too, Battleblock Theater might be too long for your tastes but it's worth checking out.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Luceid posted:

It's art, duh.

It's really hosed up how the main character is a little girl in a skirt murdering everyone. I feel like I'm going to be on some sort of list watching this! What were these streamers thinking?!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I do like that this game encourages you to use the environment to kill your enemies. That's pretty interesting in a sadistic platformer since normally the only one suffering from the billions of spikes is you.

Countblanc posted:

It's really hosed up how the main character is a little girl in a skirt murdering everyone. I feel like I'm going to be on some sort of list watching this! What were these streamers thinking?!

You can pull that card when she gets the giant breast power up.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 6, 2015

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There was this game called New Super Marisa Land just a bit ago you should check it out :kheldragar:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
This game looks really fun and the dev commentary is fantastic

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'd never even heard of Dark Forces II and that run was waaayy impressive to watch. Highly recommended.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Countblanc posted:

The secret is we've always been in anime girl hell.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Countblanc posted:

I'm having a hard time following this game, where are the titty powerups?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Make this post again when she grow big old boodies and flys around so you can look up her skirt.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thanks for the schedule and recommendations, will check them out.

Except Marisa World.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

They should allow cursing in GDQ. gently caress this PG nonsense.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I don't get why all these people couldn't just stream this from home, I haven't heard any crowd at all

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
"If you like saws"

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

I don't get why all these people couldn't just stream this from home, I haven't heard any crowd at all

It's 1:00 in the morning there.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The_Franz posted:

It's 1:00 in the morning there.

but where's the crowd

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm somewhat glad I never made it to the final level.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

You could hear them plenty in the BBT run.

(Because it was a good game that people enjoyed)

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

African AIDS cum posted:

Do you mean like the streamers just stay at home and stream because if so that has got to be one of the stupidest loving things posted in this thread and I've made a lot of posts already

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
What kinda con shuts down at 1:00 AM?

I guess this isn't really a convention though, but it does have that vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I dont get it why didnt these guys just record themselves running these games before the event and then just play all the recordings in a row all week with a laugh track placed behind them?

• Locked thread