Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

So my friend has all over infection and is on IV antibiotics for the next couple of days, followed up with oral antibiotics. The doctor was relieved it wasn't the flu and is confident they'll have it knocked out in a week.

6 hours in and out of the ER is pretty impressive though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
File a claim and state what you just stated, minus making fun of the illiterate.

Ebay sides with the buyer basically all the time.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CharlesM posted:

Sorry, I haven't kept up on these threads because I've been very busy. I need your guy's help though.

I don't use eBay much; this is the first time I've ever had a problem.

"Am sorry i checking before i send you mirror its very good condition maybe when you installed damage the mirror sorry not returns accepted sorry for inconvenience"

The only protection was those two sheets of newspaper you can kinda see.

What's the best way to get my money back?

edit: Doesn't help that USPS randomly sent it to Florida, when it was coming from San Diego and going to Seattle :P

Just file a claim with ebay/paypal. Two weeks and you'll have your money back.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Or file a claim with usps, probably easier to get something out of it that way. Otherwise it's going to be weeks of paypal holds and bitching about feedback.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I guess I don't know how to file a claim with eBay. I don't see any option for that. Just contact seller, return item, leave feedback, etc. When I try the "open a case" button it just takes me to return item. Should I fill that out? Paypal just redirects me to the eBay resolution center which brings me back to the return an item.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

jamal posted:

Or file a claim with usps, probably easier to get something out of it that way. Otherwise it's going to be weeks of paypal holds and bitching about feedback.

Can the receiver file a claim with USPS? I thought only the sender could do that.

I filed a claim with paypal once as the buyer of something. Paypal told me to ship the item back (turned out the idiot sent the wrong part, and then didn't have what I paid him for) and then refunded me. Whole thing only took a week tops.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Try going through http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

USPS is a nightmare for claims, every time I've tried. The "request a return" area opens up a case with the seller now, it seems. You have to choose "it arrived damaged" as the reason.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Raluek posted:

I'm as rabid an LS fanboy as anyone on here, so don't take this as a "nay" vote, but:

How complete is the motor? Things like accessories, intake manifold, wiring, ECU can really add up. If it's a bare longblock that price seems a bit high; maybe do a little bit of research to see if you can get a complete (still-in-the-truck, as someone above mentioned) motor that still has all that stuff.

If it does have all that, then hell yes!

This is for whatever is attached when they pull it. Alternator, PS pump, manifolds, etc. No ecu as far as I know. I'd be selling some of the parts (intake and exhaust manifolds, heads) to replace them later, so that would help a bit for fund recovery. I've run it by the CFO, but we have some other expenses coming up so I don't know if this will pan out.

Kastein: I hate you.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

SteakFlavoredGum helped me put a ceiling in the jeep house.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

rscott posted:

did anyone gently caress someone else's wife yet?

I'M WORKING ON IT DUDE, LIKE GIVE ME A FEW MORE HOURS OK

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Congrats on the promotion Maker of Shoes!

Keep fighting the good fight fjelltorsk, we're rooting for you.

The stories you read about making sure to wear protection when handling dry ice aren't joking, I guess I leaned against some with my left arm when I was working on my floor pan and didn't notice the burns until just now, but man they don't feel great! It's not bad or anything, but surprising because I didn't even notice it happen.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

This is for whatever is attached when they pull it. Alternator, PS pump, manifolds, etc. No ecu as far as I know. I'd be selling some of the parts (intake and exhaust manifolds, heads) to replace them later, so that would help a bit for fund recovery. I've run it by the CFO, but we have some other expenses coming up so I don't know if this will pan out.

Kastein: I hate you.

Last time, I even got to borrow one of the batteries off the for sale rack out front and start the thing up, in the yard, to hear it run before I pulled it from the donor :v:

Sorry, I should stop rubbing this in. Now if only I could figure out where my floor and rocker panels seem to have wandered off to...

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I bought this at a used bookstore on a whim expecting it to be funny-terrible

but it's just terrible :(

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I bought this.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I can't imagine what book one must have been about.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
Is she making GBS threads buttcoins???

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Finally got the police report about the identity theft. Scanned it, emailed it to Verizon. Called them about 30 minutes later, the guy I spoke with said someone had opened it, marked the account "not fraud", and closed the file with no comments, which had him sounding like he wanted to track down that person and smack the poo poo out of them. :wtc:

He read over the police report - 1 page of notes from the officer, plus 2 pages relating to what crimes were committed (Forgery-Deed/Check/Credit Card/Will/Mortgage/Etc - Forgery of financial instrument, and the inactivation of the case since they didn't have anything to go on) and the level (State Jail Felony), said he's closing the account as fraudulent, and adding the ESN to their blacklist (up until tonight, the account has been suspended, which meant the ESN was still "clear" if you went to something like swappa.com, but the phone couldn't be transferred to another account). I asked if he was able to tell me where the phone was purchased.

It was purchased in person at a Target store... very close to my former employer. :aaaaa: He made it sound like Target will be eating the cost of this, since they obviously hosed up somewhere by not verifying identity, and by not pulling credit, since the phone was financed with zero down. One of my former managers at Pizza Hut has a family member (mother) who is in store management at that Target; the account was opened on my last day at Pizza Hut. :tinfoil: My credit monitoring has started showing credit applications popping up in my name as well, so I'm glad I got that 90 day initial fraud alert in place.

Now I just get to mail all the info to Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. And hope that a first class stamp is enough for 6 pages in each envelope.

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I bought this.

What in the everliving gently caress

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jan 6, 2015

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
2nd day on 3rd shift, 2nd day with less than 5 hours of sleep...

Found out there's no more OT for the time being, and the shittiest, most vile, worthless piece of ever loving poo poo for a human, will be coming in to "supervise" us starting next week.

FML
:suicide:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Timmy Cruise posted:

Is she making GBS threads buttcoins???

I want you to take a long hard look at how you think the tooth faerie can afford to pay all those children.

Also I started watching Black Mirror.

I'm not in the right headspace for everything after the first episode. Things got way too real.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Holy loving poo poo Black Mirror is some of the mos upsettingly bleak things I've ever seen.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Episode 3 :smith:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Three and four :smithicide:

E: and five :stare:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Two words: White. Christmas.

Black Mirror is one of the most intensely hosed up and amazing TV shows ever.

some texas redneck posted:

Finally got the police report about the identity theft. Scanned it, emailed it to Verizon. Called them about 30 minutes later, the guy I spoke with said someone had opened it, marked the account "not fraud", and closed the file with no comments, which had him sounding like he wanted to track down that person and smack the poo poo out of them. :wtc:

:wtc: indeed, that's shady as gently caress.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Yeah. He actually went on a mini rant that actually made me laugh a bit. He apologized and said he was just thinking out loud, my answer was "Don't worry about it. I've worked in plenty of call centers myself, and said far worse when I thought I'd hit the mute button".

In any event... I'm really hoping this will be the last I hear from Verizon Wireless about it. He mentioned he'd had his own identity stolen while he was deployed (former military), someone financed a Corvette in his name in a state he'd never been to.. and by the time he found out about it, it was way too late to do anything about it. Completely hosed his credit over. We discussed various credit monitoring services; he has Lifelock (:10bux: per month), I have Credit Sesame and Credit Karma (free). I also have Equifax's ID theft monitoring service, courtesy of the Target hack, but CS and CK usually report stuff within a few hours... while Equifax takes up to a week, sometimes longer (they still haven't reported some stuff that showed up on CS/CK 3 weeks ago). None of the above caught the Verizon account, since for whatever reason, nobody checked my credit or bothered to actually verify identity; there wasn't even a soft inquiry.

As I said, I've started seeing credit card applications showing up on Credit Karma and Credit Sesame. I just dropped letters in the mail to the big 3 credit reporting bureaus, including copies of the police report, and identifying information (each one wanted something a little different :argh: ) - if the bureaus do their job, I should have fraud alert emails popping up in my email from CK and CS within a week. And maybe from Equifax in a month or three. There's already a fraud alert on the big 3, yet they're still issuing denials based on creditworthiness, not on the fraud alerts. I think I may wind up having to actually freeze my credit for a bit, which will be a serious pain in the rear end next time I buy a car.

e: also, Equifax's "Identity Theft Protection" is loving worthless. They basically only answer the phone from 8a-6p pacific; when you do call during working hours, you sit on hold forever. There's no form on their website to mention "oh hey I don't work normal hours, but my ID got stolen and I can't reach you, HALP GODDAMNIT". Equifax's website in general is pretty terrible, and won't even let me purchase a credit report to view online (claims I don't answer any security questions properly, but I can order one by mail just fine).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jan 6, 2015

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Holy loving poo poo Black Mirror is some of the mos upsettingly bleak things I've ever seen.
I dunno, locking everyone who watches stuff like X Factor up in work camps has a certain appeal to me.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

They're calling for 1 to 3 inches of snow tonight. Please please let this happen.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

My dad got his details cloned and the guy bought a bunch of travel tickets.
When he asked the police if they were going to arrest the guy they told him it happened to frequently to be worth investigating, even though they knew exactly when and where the thief was going to be.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

fjelltorsk posted:

Thank you, and don´t worry. My prognocis indicates that you are stuck with me for a while.

Well, the mercs are a double edged sword, they are poo poo to wrench on, hilariously underpowered and clearly the wrong choice for our climate. But it allows me to bill like crazy. And also our contract with the parts supplier makes sure that parts for my G500 goes from "my eyes bleed" to "my rear end feels kinda sore"

trivia time: anyone wanna guess the book time for swapping the Intercooler on a Mercedes bus?

Get well, fellow Scandi! Also be happy you don't have to deal with Solaris buses, my friend used to work with those and he sure had some stories.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

gileadexile posted:

They're calling for 1 to 3 inches of snow tonight. Please please let this happen.

There's plenty of snow at home and I'm stuck in a hotel for work. All I want to do is some awd power slides in a rover.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

freelop posted:

My dad got his details cloned and the guy bought a bunch of travel tickets.
When he asked the police if they were going to arrest the guy they told him it happened to frequently to be worth investigating, even though they knew exactly when and where the thief was going to be.

Show up there and smash their head to a pulp? Or Erm discuss the matter and shot I dunno!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
You really should push them hard to do something, a stolen passport etc can make life a bit poo poo for your own foreign travel if not sorted.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

It was a while back and it was only his card details that were stolen which meant the person used their original name and details to actually book the tickets.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

gileadexile posted:

Got about 3" here last night. People are acting/driving like we got a foot with ice underneath.

This is the first time in many years that I've had a RWD car in the Winter. E39+Winter tires+DSC off = :swoon:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Girlfriend bought some new AirWick scents and I'm reacting very badly to them Eyes were half swollen shut when I woke up today so for the first time i years I'm wearing glasses.

Somebody just steal my lunch money and get it over with.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

gileadexile posted:

I think that's how many total inches we've received in the past 100 years.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 219 days!)

Looks like we got another 5" of snow last night. Getting sick of this. Can't even get the Ferd up to temp when it's -10. Thermostat probably sit the bed now. Yay

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Of course STR has gay stamps :v:

I haven't seen those yet, are they special-order or what?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I like these batman stamps.

I wish I could just buy the circular ones though.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

BrokenKnucklez posted:

There's plenty of snow at home and I'm stuck in a hotel for work. All I want to do is some awd power slides in a rover.

Took the XJ out on the gravel out by Booneville last night. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Tomorrow is gonna suck. Up at 4AM, 2 hour drive to the job site, 8 hour day, 2 hour drive home and directly to class until 9PM.

• Locked thread