Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i will just start a new character when ladder 2 starts i guess

i will play with other peeps, i got a rl friend whos getting down with d3 as well so i'm sure he will be excited to hear that new loot is a thing

e: other peeps means the yosgames crew ofc

hubris.height fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jan 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

univbee posted:

it's called DCRES or "Dream(cast) Resurrection" and has a bunch of releases, mostly shoving the data to the outer parts of the disc for faster loading and stuff like that

this is cool, thanks for the tip!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you need to post your battle net id though???

(i'm Chajusong#1835)

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pinterest Mom posted:

you need to post your battle net id though???

(i'm Chajusong#1835)

is it crossplatform? im playing on ps4

Thrillhouse#1517

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh, lol

no cross platform play
shameful console players don't get seasons

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

i might play US when the new season starts

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
lol consowned

how much is the pc version going for now, like 10 dollars for the full thing?

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

hubris.height posted:

Thrillhouse#1517
smdh

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

hubris.height posted:

lol consowned

lol nope. $40 for the base game, $40 for the expansion

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hubris.height posted:

like 10 dollars for the full thing?
$40 for ros and $40 for diablo
conslol

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

hubris.height posted:

lol consowned

lol

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

you can buy them together for $60 iirc

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

the reason i dont have ros is because it costs as much as d3 did when i bought it and i'm not throwing yet more money at a game i may not get sucked into

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
loving lol

i got both for ps4 for 35 bucks in 2014, like hell i am going to pay 60 for the combo in tyool 2015

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Space-Pope posted:

it was on sale for like $30 combined for a while tho, and you can still get them from a keyshop for that price afaik

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

hubris.height posted:

loving lol

i got both for ps4 for 35 bucks in 2014, like hell i am going to pay 60 for the combo in tyool 2015
well console games die out about a week after they come out so i guess the pc premium makes sense

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

cjs: taking a gaming snow day

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Awia posted:

good idea! didn't think of that
won't the iso not fit on a cd though? what with the dreamcast discs being weird and all?
i imagine shenmue uses up pretty much all the space on the disc if it comes on 3

i didnt realize u could use a dreamcast wrong but here we are

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh, lol

no cross platform play
shameful console players don't get seasons

why

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Ludwig van Halen posted:

cjs: taking a gaming snow day

man i wish

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Liver Disaster posted:

i didnt realize u could use a dreamcast wrong but here we are

im not a filthy pirate so i dunno how this poo poo works

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
playing d3 sounds cool but i like dicking around with different skills and playstyles and i dont wanna get in trouble for playing sub optimal

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

hubris.height posted:

Thrillhouse#1517

ps4 best version, let's be diabros

psn is turnways

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Awia posted:

lol if u dont

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
wtf how is there even a diablo "ladder"

like do they have some dumb arena mode or something

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

why don't they get seasons? it's probably linked to the fact that characters/stash are stored locally and not on battle.net for console gamers

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Awia posted:

well the 900mb "GD-ROMs" dreamcast uses are basically just bigger cds in the same format and since 95% of all dreamcast games don't use the entire disk space, regular 800mb cds work just fine. for games like shenmue which actually fill up 900mb there are scrubbed versions with removed/altered audio/video stuff so they still fit on regular 800mb cds

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

jony ive aces posted:

there's a thing called a greater rift. grifts have a level associated with them, higher numbers being harder. the ladder ranks players by the hardest grift they've completed in under 15 minutes with faster times beating slower times in the same grift

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

jony ive aces posted:

a random, endless dungeon which gets progressively harder and you only have 15 minutes (iirc) to clear a floor; if you fail, you don't get to go deeper. it's p. rad actually

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Notorious QIG posted:

there's a thing called a greater rift. grifts have a level associated with them, higher numbers being harder. the ladder ranks players by the hardest grift they've completed in under 15 minutes with faster times beating slower times in the same grift
lol jfc

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

dammit quiggy

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

sounds a lot like speed running, and i don't have the autism for that.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Ludwig van Halen posted:

sounds a lot like speed running, and i don't have the autism for that.

it's basically diablo racing. it's really fun once you get kitted up to run tough grifts

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

univbee posted:

why don't they get seasons? it's probably linked to the fact that characters/stash are stored locally and not on battle.net for console gamers

and why cant they play together
why cant they make seasons happen
i dont get it

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also agdq would be way better if it was nothing but nes races

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Korean Boomhauer posted:

playing d3 sounds cool but i like dicking around with different skills and playstyles and i dont wanna get in trouble for playing sub optimal

wouldn't d3 be really good for this then, since you can "respec" as much as you want at any time? it really isn't a spergy game like poe or whatever.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Liver Disaster posted:

and why cant they play together
why cant they make seasons happen
i dont get it

they can't play together because microsoft/sony didn't want the always on drm on their consoles. as a result it's really easy to hack in items in the console version whereas it is virtually impossible in the pc version. letting the groups play together would gently caress the pc version too

as for seasons idk

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

wouldn't d3 be really good for this then, since you can "respec" as much as you want at any time? it really isn't a spergy game like poe or whatever.

yeah d3 has infinite instant free respecs

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Notorious QIG posted:

it's basically diablo racing. it's really fun once you get kitted up to run tough grifts

you can, however, get maximum hosed because you hit a wall where you need a very specific piece of equipment to get any better and if that one item doesn't drop, you won't be able to press on

luckily, trading is disabled in diablo 3 because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
my experience is that wall only exists for massive spergs who want to play the game on quadruple purgatory or whatever and expect to play roughly 10k hours of the same game and complain about it the entire time.

• Locked thread