Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

prefect posted:

I wasn't paying attention when that happened; what was the issue?

It used to do ridiculous amounts of damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

prefect posted:

I wasn't paying attention when that happened; what was the issue?

There was a decimal in the wrong spot for the damage calculation which caused Crimson Theater to deal a stupid amount of damage.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

HughGRect posted:

There was a decimal in the wrong spot for the damage calculation which caused Crimson Theater to deal a stupid amount of damage.

:laffo: Oh I wish I'd gotten to do that.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Literally zero testing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kessel posted:

Literally zero testing.

The CT decimal I can kind of see slipping past their four man play test team. But Super Hel they only would have had to spawn to see it wasn't right. They made the code, put it in, and let it go. Is it a lot to ask they at least attempt their content.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Crimson Theater makes me miss the old days of multi-hit proc/affliction builds.

CT, in addition to hitting for tons of damage, also used to proc procs, on every hit, so did every shot of a multi-hit attack. Queue insanity.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
My favourite thing about CT was all the clamouring that tanking with blade would be all but impossible if it got nerfed.

Some people flat out refused to believe that it was broken.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Frankenstein Dad posted:

My favourite thing about CT was all the clamouring that tanking with blade would be all but impossible if it got nerfed.

Some people flat out refused to believe that it was broken.

Part of that is probably the fact that back then (maybe still) hate had no actual numerical value for players to track. People were probably assuming that they needed the extra damage from CT in order to actually generate aggro.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Killsion posted:

Crimson Theater makes me miss the old days of multi-hit proc/affliction builds.

CT, in addition to hitting for tons of damage, also used to proc procs, on every hit, so did every shot of a multi-hit attack. Queue insanity.

The devs ignored the CT move in beta for a long time after holding the pvp Stonehenge matches with us nailing them to the wall with one thors hammer. They submitted to the chaos that was there is just too many loving abilities.

Go figure out how to gently caress up Agartha like the pros.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
Cartwheels and infinite RnS were my favorite bugs still.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

revenance posted:

Cartwheels and infinite RnS were my favorite bugs still.

Gimme details. :D

In probably-unrelated news, is there another game that uses emotes and decorative character clothing as actual game-affecting things? In one of the Tyler Freeborn missions, you have to put on a gas mask, and you have to do this in the dressing room -- right-clicking on the quest item doesn't do anything. And in the bank heist mission, you have to emote your way past a few obstacles.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

prefect posted:

Gimme details. :D

In probably-unrelated news, is there another game that uses emotes and decorative character clothing as actual game-affecting things? In one of the Tyler Freeborn missions, you have to put on a gas mask, and you have to do this in the dressing room -- right-clicking on the quest item doesn't do anything. And in the bank heist mission, you have to emote your way past a few obstacles.

You used to be able to cartwheel though the lockout invisible wall when you die in a boss battle. It allowed you to cartwheel back into the fight after releasing. It was the only way you could clear one of the Hell Dungeon's for awhile due to the boss being impossibly tuned. Funcom later said the boss fight was fine because people were clearing it and not knowing we were all cartwheeling back into the fight to kill it. They fixed that poo poo later on.

I forgot which boss it was called but it was the one where you drop into the room and there is two hell tyrants that are linked or something.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 6, 2015

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Is the smile emote still fuckered up? http://youtu.be/fLue6h3RI9U

Reap and sew was bugged and the effect would never wear off the team. Good times, just like the days of dynamite! There was also hell fallens horrible scenery which allowed entire boss fights to be skipped. Can you still flush yourself down the toilet in Ankh?

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Drinkfist posted:

You used to be able to cartwheel though the lockout invisible wall when you die in a boss battle. It allowed you to cartwheel back into the fight after releasing. It was the only way you could clear one of the Hell Dungeon's for awhile due to the boss being impossibly tuned. Funcom later said the boss fight was fine because people were clearing it and not knowing we were all cartwheeling back into the fight to kill it. They fixed that poo poo later on.

I forgot which boss it was called but it was the one where you drop into the room and there is two hell tyrants that are linked or something.

Machine Tyrants. I had no idea that was fixed.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

guppy posted:

Machine Tyrants. I had no idea that was fixed.

They fixed the cartwheels. Not the boss. Yall can get hosed as far as they are concerned with that one.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

HughGRect posted:

Is the smile emote still fuckered up? http://youtu.be/fLue6h3RI9U

This is art.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Ah. That sounds more like the Funcom we know.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

HughGRect posted:

just like the days of dynamite!

Only reason I I got my Master Planner Facility cheevo.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Weapon power bug is the only reason most of us got the 5 minute raid cheevo.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

HughGRect posted:

Weapon power bug is the only reason most of us got the 5 minute raid cheevo.

I did a legit 5:10 before quitting.

If you guys think playing a Funcom game is bad, try working at Funcom.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?

Drinkfist posted:

They fixed the cartwheels. Not the boss. Yall can get hosed as far as they are concerned with that one.

Luckily, even the shitlordiest of shitlords are in 10.4/5.4/5 nowadays and you can outgear the encounter by vaporizing the djinn. Not that you would want to, because HF nets you 10 BB.

Infinite RnS was also pretty much the only way Ankh (which is also only a 10 BB dungeon, wtf) could be cleared when it was launched, because you could run 4 DPS. I think a total of 2 goon permas cleared it legit before the mass exodus for GW2.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
No one said Funcom is good at balancing things, that applies to the dungeon reward structure too.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
Would it make me terrible if I filled the inner skill circle to try out all of the weapons before I start specializing in the ones I like?

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Good thing we played TSW and are prepared. The Filth has spread from the Tokyo subway to the Chicago one.

KetTarma posted:

Would it make me terrible if I filled the inner skill circle to try out all of the weapons before I start specializing in the ones I like?

No, this is a solid idea. It's cheap and you'll want passives from all over anyway, and it makes it smoother to transition to a new weapon when you decide to.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

KetTarma posted:

Dual Pistols and a Shotgun. All you loving need when dealing with the insanity.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Hey, could I get a trial key? wanna get a friend hooked.

Bursk
Nov 12, 2007

Bank of Bursk

subhuman filth posted:

Hey, could I get a trial key? wanna get a friend hooked.

TK4RWDFXP3RWSFWMUSEX

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Just got this during the Steam sale. Having a lot fo fun so far. Any tips on a solo blade build? What's broken?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

MonsieurChoc posted:

Just got this during the Steam sale. Having a lot fo fun so far. Any tips on a solo blade build? What's broken?

If you grab a shotgun for your secondary weapon (can make a weapon of your choice in the "intro to crafting" mission available next to the biker dude standing off in the corner right of the ramp into the sheriff's office), you can make a pretty spiffy low-AP soloing build that will carry you through Kingsmouth and Savage Coast with little difficulty.

Pull with Shotgun's Buckshot. Build weapon resources with 1-5x Blade Torrent. Unload resources with Blade's Balanced Blade and Shotgun's Out for a Kill. Use Breaching Shot to increase your damage and Martial Discipline to save your butt. Save Stunning Swirl (e) as your interrupt or to give breathing room in case of adds.

Passives:
Fists: Lick Your Wounds
Shotguns: Hit & Run, Dead on Target
Blades: Immortal Spirit, Sharp Blades, Regeneration, Fluid Defense (e)

Total AP needed: 52

When fighting multiple enemies, try to have an unused Shotgun resource on your opponents when they die and kill the weakest enemies first, Shotgun has a passive that's really useful for those first two zones that triggers an AoE blast when something dies with 1+ SG resources on it. If you're fighting, for example, a pack of zombies and a lobsterman, you can deal a lot of damage to the lobster by knocking down the zombies like dominos.

Also remember that while Blade's resources build on you, Shotgun's resources build on the target(s). If you're hitting packs with Blade Torrent, they're all getting SG resources on them. You can use Out for a Kill and Balanced Blade on your primary target, switch to a secondary target, and use Out for a Kill again once its 4 sec cooldown is up.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Shotguns are pretty ridiculous early-game. I went AR/shotgun on an alt and it's turned into shotgun/AR. Later, Elemental gets ridiculous, my solo build shits lightning and critical hits everywhere.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

What the hell happened to my game and how do I fix it?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dr. Video Games 0150 posted:

What the hell happened to my game and how do I fix it?

Looks like something with Tokyo hosed up? Try doing ctrl+shift+f1 to reset the interface. I haven't played enough Tokyo to know a fix.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Len posted:

Looks like something with Tokyo hosed up? Try doing ctrl+shift+f1 to reset the interface. I haven't played enough Tokyo to know a fix.

I have purchased issue 9 but haven't even started it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

No idea then. That just makes me thin aegis system since nothing in non-Tokyo I can think of has a purple bar.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Hello Sailor posted:

If you grab a shotgun for your secondary weapon (can make a weapon of your choice in the "intro to crafting" mission available next to the biker dude standing off in the corner right of the ramp into the sheriff's office), you can make a pretty spiffy low-AP soloing build that will carry you through Kingsmouth and Savage Coast with little difficulty.

Pull with Shotgun's Buckshot. Build weapon resources with 1-5x Blade Torrent. Unload resources with Blade's Balanced Blade and Shotgun's Out for a Kill. Use Breaching Shot to increase your damage and Martial Discipline to save your butt. Save Stunning Swirl (e) as your interrupt or to give breathing room in case of adds.

Passives:
Fists: Lick Your Wounds
Shotguns: Hit & Run, Dead on Target
Blades: Immortal Spirit, Sharp Blades, Regeneration, Fluid Defense (e)

Total AP needed: 52

When fighting multiple enemies, try to have an unused Shotgun resource on your opponents when they die and kill the weakest enemies first, Shotgun has a passive that's really useful for those first two zones that triggers an AoE blast when something dies with 1+ SG resources on it. If you're fighting, for example, a pack of zombies and a lobsterman, you can deal a lot of damage to the lobster by knocking down the zombies like dominos.

Also remember that while Blade's resources build on you, Shotgun's resources build on the target(s). If you're hitting packs with Blade Torrent, they're all getting SG resources on them. You can use Out for a Kill and Balanced Blade on your primary target, switch to a secondary target, and use Out for a Kill again once its 4 sec cooldown is up.

Thanks! It's working pretty well so far.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It just occurred to me that you may be able to ask on the testlive forums. The devs actually post there in response to bugs so you can usually get things answered. Don't bother with the live forums because that's just a honeypot.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
Do enemies generally just take forever to kill? I'm doing AOE Blade/AR right now in Savage Coast and, though I rarely die, it takes forever to kill most things.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

KetTarma posted:

Do enemies generally just take forever to kill? I'm doing AOE Blade/AR right now in Savage Coast and, though I rarely die, it takes forever to kill most things.

Have you finished inner wheel Chaos Magic yet? Do that, then spend the extra 9 AP to get Breakdown. Anytime you (non-glancing) hit something with a blade attack, it'll get a stacking +3% debuff to damage taken.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

KetTarma posted:

Post your build. You probably aren't stabbing/shooting things as hard as you should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Also, check your gear. Don't just grab all the high-HP stuff, you need some DPS gear mixed in.

Also, make sure you've spent as many SP on the attack line of both of your weapons as you have. Ignore the other line until this one is maxed.

• Locked thread