Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's not "illegal" in the sense that there exists actual legislation regarding magnets in toys, but if you put an unencapsulated magnet in a toy designed for kids under 5 the cpsc will probably make you recall it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i have an idea for a great new product

first, you take a powerful magnet and then attach it to a kid's head

then, you relaunch jarts only with magnetic spikes so they're diverted from soft children skulls

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sagebrush posted:

it's not "illegal" in the sense that there exists actual legislation regarding magnets in toys, but if you put an unencapsulated magnet in a toy designed for kids under 5 the cpsc will probably make you recall it.

well yeah, all you have to do is not market it for kids

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

this is the best argument for watching the long version of aliens

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Nintendo Kid posted:

well yeah, all you have to do is not market it for kids

that didn't help buckyballs one bit

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Chris Knight posted:

that didn't help buckyballs one bit

they literally sold them at toys r us, which is a kid's toys store

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Here's an even better idea

hail satan.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

syscall girl posted:

this is the best argument for watching the long version of aliens

for the longest time i've been wanting to buy a yellow-on-black lcd from china and make a little motorcycle computer with this graphical style

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

for the longest time i've been wanting to buy a yellow-on-black lcd from china and make a little motorcycle computer with this graphical style

*sagebrush speeding away from the police, a computer generated voice talks in his ear*

"sir, D-guns down to 20%"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah with this voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU0HttdfxkE

WARNING
INSUFFICIENT-POWER
CRITICAL-DAMAGE-IMMINENT

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

*ksssssht* PAIN-SUPPRESSANT-ADMINISTERED

hell yeah

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

if you ever get ahold of a GRiD pc you are going to have so much fun with the disks
the hard drive will be seized, the floppy will be broken, and the system won't recognize many of them, so lol

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

*ksssssht* PAIN-SUPPRESSANT-ADMINISTERED

hell yeah

when I was 13 one of the first C++ programs I actually finished was an hl1 vox announcer scheduler thingy using fmod :3:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Grid-Compass...=item1c4c20ed93

all you need to do is find the pinout

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I'm pretty sure i would never run from the police

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

if you ever get ahold of a GRiD pc you are going to have so much fun with the disks
the hard drive will be seized, the floppy will be broken, and the system won't recognize many of them, so lol

i can buy a spi-interface yellow on black lcd for like 20 dollars on aliexpress so i don't thnk i really need the whole ancient laptop thing goin on.

BONGHITZ posted:

I'm pretty sure i would never run from the police

yeah my general response to people talking about running from the police is "you cannot outrun a radio"

oh really you got a super fast super bike huh. so fast the cops can't chase you eh.

so they just write down your plate and radio it in and someone's already waiting for you when you get home

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jan 6, 2015

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

i can buy a spi-interface yellow on black lcd for like 20 dollars on aliexpress so i don't thnk i really need the whole ancient laptop thing goin on.

yeah my general response to people talking about running from the police is "you cannot outrun a radio"

oh really you got a super fast super bike huh. so fast the cops can't chase you eh.

so they just write down your plate and radio it in and someone's already waiting for you when you get home

jokes on the police, my license plate is "; DROP TABLE *;"

:cool:

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
someone was waiting for the first time a uber driver got assaulted instead of the other way round

bonus racist police brutality

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michael-doherty-boston-police-uber

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Actually this isn't what happens at all. What happens is the police initiate a chase because you shoplifted $20 in merchandise from Walmart and massive damage and bodily injury results.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/07/29/police-chase-ends-in-carnegie/

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

Actually this isn't what happens at all. What happens is the police initiate a chase because you shoplifted $20 in merchandise from Walmart and massive damage and bodily injury results.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/07/29/police-chase-ends-in-carnegie/

how the hell do you flee the police on the parkway west

Apr 7, 2003

As a Millennial I posted:

how the hell do you flee the police on the parkway west

Very carefully! haha.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

if you're doing something so incredibly illegal that the police would go to that effort surely you'd take off your license plate

Apr 7, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

if you're doing something so incredibly illegal that the police would go to that effort surely you'd take off your license plate

Police love chases and will chase anyone for anything.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

when I moved the battery to the trunk on my old mustang I put the kill switch behind the license plate which could fold down and I considered putting a spring there to push the plate down if I ever felt like committing crimes

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

pr0zac posted:

someone was waiting for the first time a uber driver got assaulted instead of the other way round

of course it's boston

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

Criminals don't get arrested just because they're doing something illegal. They get arrested because they're being stupid about it.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

teen bear posted:

nobody is here to defend ontario, dont' worry

haha wrong answer fucko!! advance green for left turns owns bc sucks!!! *revs and fishtails into an advance green left turn blowing gravel into the windshield of your 98 corolla*

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

did you think bc doesn't have them or something?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

did you think bc doesn't have them or something?

teen bear posted:

blinking green in ontario means you have right of way to turn left but in BC it means the green won't change until a pedestrian pushes the button. definitely not confusing at all lol

?????

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

pr0zac posted:

perfection

the passenger used a racial slur then attacked the driver and beat him till he ran away and flagged down a passing car. then the passenger stole the uber driver's car and drove off with it. the uber driver follows him to his destination, at which point the passenger beats him up again, complete with more racial slurs. also the passenger was an off duty cop

uber has demonstrated their commitment to driver safety by...canceling the passenger's account. no other action taken, despite this little reminder that driving a taxi is one of the most dangerous jobs per capita and drivers get assaulted all the time

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

of course it's boston

Apr 7, 2003

Main Paineframe posted:

perfection

the passenger used a racial slur then attacked the driver and beat him till he ran away and flagged down a passing car. then the passenger stole the uber driver's car and drove off with it. the uber driver follows him to his destination, at which point the passenger beats him up again, complete with more racial slurs. also the passenger was an off duty cop

uber has demonstrated their commitment to driver safety by...canceling the passenger's account. no other action taken, despite this little reminder that driving a taxi is one of the most dangerous jobs per capita and drivers get assaulted all the time

it's interesting that they charged the passenger with "using a vehicle without authority" instead of what he did, stealing it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

it's interesting that they charged the passenger with "using a vehicle without authority" instead of what he did, stealing it.

at least they are punishing him by making him take time off with pay!

Apr 7, 2003

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol. trying to view websites in mobile safari is impossible.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I think boston is the most racist place I've ever been

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

filthy cop, thought he will get away with use of rude words during assault

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Citizen Tayne posted:

stealing requires the intent to keep it, the joyriding charge should be a much easier charge to prove. the real meat i'd think is the assault/battery charges?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

at least they are punishing him by making him take time off with pay!
the punishment is that he cant earn overtime which is where cops (and firefighters and bus drivers) really make their money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

be fair it said he was on administrative leave but didn't say if it was with or without pay

• Locked thread