Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Katana Gomai posted:

you can, however, get maximum hosed because you hit a wall where you need a very specific piece of equipment to get any better and if that one item doesn't drop, you won't be able to press on

luckily, trading is disabled in diablo 3 because

true, also, because blizzard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

my experience is that wall only exists for massive spergs who want to play the game on quadruple purgatory or whatever and expect to play roughly 10k hours of the same game and complain about it the entire time.

it depends, when the last ladder began one of the guys in my clan got super lucky with drops in the first 2 days (basically completed his entire class set within 10 hours) so he advanced insanely fast, then he didn't find another upgrade for another week and quit. i reached the wall after about two weeks and quit as well. it's just boring as gently caress if you never get any better and you can't trade for items you need either

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

not slamming d3 because i got more than enough fun hours out of the game but it's just a bad system for a loot-em-up

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Notorious QIG posted:

as for seasons idk
since bnet20 got denied from lolsoles, they'd have create separate thing for season, all for 2.5 spergs who had it in them for grift but didn't get to a better platform

and yeah, most yoscrew bothered by the wall will never reach it

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Notorious QIG posted:

they can't play together because microsoft/sony didn't want the always on drm on their consoles. as a result it's really easy to hack in items in the console version whereas it is virtually impossible in the pc version. letting the groups play together would gently caress the pc version too

as for seasons idk

that sounds pretty lame

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Liver Disaster posted:

that sounds pretty lame
same as most things about lolsoles
sony tries to redeem itself by making tekken 7 for pc with cross-platform play

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

ive been playing ffxiv with people on ps3/4/pc for the past week and nobody seems to have any trouble, watched the sun rise while chatting with some dude while we were lfg, it was p cool
e: i think my new free company thinks im a girl
they are allowed to think that forever they are nice to me
its cute to see people get all excited like this

Liver Disaster fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 6, 2015

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Liver Disaster posted:

ive been playing ffxiv with people on ps3/4/pc for the past week and nobody seems to have any trouble, watched the sun rise while chatting with some dude while we were lfg, it was p cool

if you have an account with one and have the game on multiple systems can you play on the same account?

i somehow wound up with ffxiv on ps4 and don't wanna roll a new guy

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

turnways posted:

if you have an account with one and have the game on multiple systems can you play on the same account?

i somehow wound up with ffxiv on ps4 and don't wanna roll a new guy

looks like as long as you dont try to play on multiple platforms at once it works fine, its worth a shot!

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

ill test it out at lunch since i have a paid account now, will report back

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

wouldn't d3 be really good for this then, since you can "respec" as much as you want at any time? it really isn't a spergy game like poe or whatever.

that would make things worse as my builds would get progressively clownier. in payday 2 its super cool because almost any weapon is viable so you arent locked into one or two weapons so you can make really silly looking weapons

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Liver Disaster posted:

it's basically under-outside umbrella
war thunder/diablo 3 have been developed for pc and thus their ports are castrated
ff is opposite so it's okay since sony stuff is being integrated elsewhere, not sony has to integrate something
i wonder how will it end up for sony's own game, planetside 2 - will the port be similarly cut or no
no - fail because pc gamers will destroy consolers, yes - :ironicat: and maybe fail because of userbase

Liver Disaster posted:

:v:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

well theres a difference between shootsmen and rpgs, there isnt a really good reason for d3 to not be cross platform, they were aiming for always online anyway so why not go all the way and force your character to authenticate online
it doesnt matter since i have no horse in the race im good on diablo but it seems like a petty cop out

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Liver Disaster posted:

get dick pics

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

jony ive aces posted:

get dick pics

im gonna need proof of legal age first but yeah thats on the list

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Liver Disaster posted:

well theres a difference between shootsmen and rpgs, there isnt a really good reason for d3 to not be cross platform, they were aiming for always online anyway so why not go all the way and force your character to authenticate online
it doesnt matter since i have no horse in the race im good on diablo but it seems like a petty cop out
sony didn't accept that on their system there will be blizzard drm they can't influence, as simple as that

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

kalstrams posted:

sony didn't accept drm they can't influence

a lesson learned

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

kalstrams posted:

sony didn't accept that on their system there will be blizzard drm they can't influence, as simple as that

sony were ok with valve putting steam in portal 2 on ps3

though i dont think thats required

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
i like how rejecting drm is a good thing but yet the end result is still "lol consoles"

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

basically microsoft and sony wanted you to be able to play d3 offline. portal on ps3 was ok because you could play it offline. blizzard made the decision to decouple the console and pc versions of d3 to maintain their always on requirement for the PC version

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

jony ive aces posted:

i like how rejecting drm is a good thing but yet the end result is still "lol consoles"
there are 3.14 persons who at the same time are happy with bnet 2.0 and can form a coherent opinion

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I love drm

i just got an email an hour ago from a stats package company, apparently i have to install their things for a stats class this semester

the email contained a username and password and license key

so i had to go to their website, log on, download the software

the software generated a text file that i had to fish out of /users/gauss/hostid.txt

then i had to fill out a form on their website, copy-pasting the contents of that text file and including my license key

and now i have to way 24-48 hours for them to generate a license file that i can apply to my installation

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

I love drm

i just got an email an hour ago from a stats package company, apparently i have to install their things for a stats class this semester

the email contained a username and password and license key

so i had to go to their website, log on, download the software

the software generated a text file that i had to fish out of /users/gauss/hostid.txt

then i had to fill out a form on their website, copy-pasting the contents of that text file and including my license key

and now i have to way 24-48 hours for them to generate a license file that i can apply to my installation
they're just encrypting the key with hydraulic computer to ensure safety of your data

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
academic software is basically a special pit of hell

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Space-Pope posted:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

kalstrams posted:

there are 3.14 persons who at the same time are happy with bnet 2.0 and can form a coherent opinion
my literal first time using the new buttle.net client was p. ownage

jive asses posted:

so yesterday i was chatting with one of my ~gAYmEr BRoS~ about the trailer for starcraft 2: 3 and how i haven't got/played the second one yet, and happened to notice it was on sale for :10bux: and was like sure whatever why not

so then today i go to get some hot singleplayer action and

serves me right for buying a blizzard game t:mad:t
other than that my experiences with it have been fine b/c lol if u play a blizzard game that isn't starcraft

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 353 days!

Space-Pope posted:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

jony ive aces posted:

my literal first time using the new buttle.net client was p. ownage

other than that my experiences with it have been fine b/c lol if u play a blizzard game that isn't starcraft
yeah, bnet20 shits itself on every major occasion
starcraft 2, funnily enough, suffers the most from bnet20 due to arguably underdeveloped social component

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Space-Pope posted:

"gaussx is y2k compliant"

the copyright on that website says 2013

:gonk:

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 353 days!
hello novell my old friend

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

kalstrams posted:

arguably underdeveloped social component
dsyp :buddy:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ris :saddowns:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm glad this limited edition of majora's mask exists + is only 50$ so i can feel good about myself for not buying it

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm glad this limited edition of majora's mask exists + is only 50$ so i can feel good about myself for not buying it

wait back the gently caress up a second

did nintendo just announce they're releasing a figurine which isn't an amiibo?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Pinterest Mom posted:

wait so your not gonna spend the $10 on the figure?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
still waiting for the inevitable special majora's mask edition 3.5ds xl

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

poo poo i should have picked up ffxiv PC when it was like $10 oh well i cant test it sorry

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

Liver Disaster posted:

wait so your not gonna spend the $10 on the figure?

i will because i am both weak and love majora's mask more than most things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

haveblue posted:

still waiting for the inevitable special majora's mask edition 3.5ds xl + dlc and gold sword

• Locked thread