Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

These are the best stamps and I'll hear nothing about it.

NWS possibly, Tom of Finland.

http://i.imgur.com/MMTYrUV.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Liquid Communism posted:

Took the XJ out on the gravel out by Booneville last night. :D

I used to go out by my folks house, if you follow that road all the way out west there's some decent places to explore

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I just emailed my congressman complaining about overly-bright headlights; I guess I'm officially an old man now :v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Got to bed at 3am, missed my alarm at 530 and woke up at 630

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
After being sick for 3/4 of my vacation, and doing almost nothing with it, I was ready to get back to work.

Over the course of yesterday and today, I've had exactly 2 hours of work to do. I'm going insane just sitting here at my desk. We're normally hugely busy and going at it for 50 or 60 hours per week.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Adiabatic posted:

After being sick for 3/4 of my vacation, and doing almost nothing with it, I was ready to get back to work.

Over the course of yesterday and today, I've had exactly 2 hours of work to do. I'm going insane just sitting here at my desk. We're normally hugely busy and going at it for 50 or 60 hours per week.

It's been really slow here today and yesterday. I've run out of things to do on the internet.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Pham Nuwen posted:

I just emailed my congressman complaining about overly-bright headlights; I guess I'm officially an old man now :v:

My new headlight lights up street signs during the DAY.

I'm one of them now.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
About 30 minutes ago.

("Lake Osborn")

quote:

ghNKFuK.jpg

Fuk is right. Fuking copper thieves.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Geirskogul posted:

About 30 minutes ago.

("Lake Osborn")

What the hell was that before being chopped?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Geirskogul posted:

Not quite as bad as that string of AC units stolen right off people's roofs a few years back. :v:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

What the hell was that before being chopped?

The hispanic guys that showed up as I was calling Phoenix Water (our tuesday landscapers) called it a backflow. And then they got angry at the plumber that installed it for not painting it white to deter thieves. I guess that's a thing? I mean, it makes sense, but I've never dealt with it before when I was in Idaho.

Probably this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backflow_prevention_device

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1CMSV81_ws
:stare:

So... Youtube has some pretty insane videos. Balls of steel, right there.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Geirskogul posted:

I guess that's a thing? I mean, it makes sense, but I've never dealt with it before when I was in Idaho.

It is. Copper theft is huge in the valley (edit: and after some light reading I'm seeing it on the rise everywhere). My dad is a foreman on a local construction crew and they had to hire private security for builds while the copper was still exposed. Then after wards he's the one stuck on site until the entire workforce leaves so no one goes around shortening everything by an inch.

Edit again: Just remembered that a few years ago the laws changed so that scrap yards now have to report all purchases now, including seller information. It's pretty bonkers.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 6, 2015

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Because copper is loving expensive.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I get a decent amount of scrap wire and cable at work. Got a hoard going that I strip little by little whenever I'm bored.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The worst thing is we have no water and I took magnesium citrate last night. gently caress.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Copper thieves were hitting the boom gates in my town a few years back, stealing the wiring that operated them. Not too surprisingly, it happened around the time China was building all their Olympic stadiums for the 2008 Olympics...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We have three metal recycling companies in the area and all of the require you to fill out two forms and put a copy of your license on file. I dunno where the copper thieves are selling their poo poo anymore.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

We have three metal recycling companies in the area and all of the require you to fill out two forms and put a copy of your license on file. I dunno where the copper thieves are selling their poo poo anymore.

Laundering it, probably.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Experienced the rare and elusive puke into your lap while liquid magma tries its best to splash back into the hole from whence it came

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I get a decent amount of scrap wire and cable at work. Got a hoard going that I strip little by little whenever I'm bored.
We had someone steal the wire going from some external 480v chillers and power stations at work a few years ago. Somehow they managed to do it without getting cooked. Idiots brought it to the scrap guy 5 miles away who called us since no one else up there uses that stuff.

Coworker has had the back flow things from his neighborhood stolen a few times. Eventually they built a brick shed around the stupid thing.

Need to get someone to come up here and steal my brothers stupid parts car out of my yard.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Around here they're more likely to run around with a sawzall and take the cats off your car for the metals inside it. Apparently it pays better.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Elmnt80 posted:

Around here they're more likely to run around with a sawzall and take the cats off your car for the metals inside it. Apparently it pays better.

This. That, or they'll find abandoned houses, crawl under them, and take the copper pipes from underneath.

Also, today I learned you can pick up an original Viper RT/10 for $30k or less. Any of you guys need a kidney? Or some blood plasma?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Pham Nuwen posted:

Of course STR has gay stamps :v:

I haven't seen those yet, are they special-order or what?

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?productId=S_472004

You may be able to get them at a post office too. I actually bought these intending to frame them (they were a "collector's release" and even came with an envelope and some info about Milk), but decided I needed the stamps.

Besides, maybe I'll piss someone off by using them.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Every time I see a lovely HID conversion I'm filled with rage.....

because I can't see poo poo for the next 5 minutes.

Some of the newer stock headlights are blinding too. I'm looking at you, Audi, with your fancy LED headlights.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It is. Copper theft is huge in the valley (edit: and after some light reading I'm seeing it on the rise everywhere). My dad is a foreman on a local construction crew and they had to hire private security for builds while the copper was still exposed. Then after wards he's the one stuck on site until the entire workforce leaves so no one goes around shortening everything by an inch.

Edit again: Just remembered that a few years ago the laws changed so that scrap yards now have to report all purchases now, including seller information. It's pretty bonkers.

It's huge everywhere. Several public schools in DFW have had all of the copper ripped out of their RTUs (rooftop HVAC units) overnight. And god forbid you leave a building with a/c units abandoned.

I sold a bunch of copper to a scrapyard awhile back. Well, apparently "a bunch" to me meant very little to them, it was basically boxes and boxes of old power cords, an old box of 14/2 romex, etc. Even though it was about $50 worth, they didn't take my info. Though it was pretty obvious I hadn't stolen the poo poo, since it didn't include coils from an a/c unit.

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
It finally snowed! :woop: http://youtu.be/nacye3-zT6I

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Our big problem is people stealing metal out our scrap bins, apparently "pure" aircraft grade Al/Ti fetches a pretty penny even in scrap form

IIRC we make back almost $20k a month just from selling our scrap and trimmings

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Somehow my house had all its copper still present when I bought it. I tore it all out though since after days of inspecting and repairing hamfucked sections, I turned the water on and water still found 4 holes to come out of in a hurry (seconds after I turned the valve) and then just did it all from scratch.

Cost me around 500 in materials for all new, and that's a generous estimate... sold the old piping to the scrapyard for 244 a few years later when I was scraping the bottom financially. They did in fact take a copy of my ID.

Most of the houses I looked at before I bought mine had no copper left... loving thieves.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah.

Seriously though, I don't know about the US, but here copper from poo poo like wiring that you've stripped the insulation off or central heating pipes is like $5000 a ton.

Edit:
rcscott, we had people steal the lead flashing off our factory roof. You know, the factory with a few tons of superalloys lying around in it. :bravo:

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 7, 2015

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
I work at a scrap yard, and yes we get some shady motherfuckers with cable stolen of the railway. Now we only take it from companies, so its traceable. We can take it from the general public but it requires photo id and proof of address which most don't want to give strangely. We make a fortune off cats from scrap cars so there is no surprise they are being nicked. Citroen diesels in particular I seem to recall as being BANK.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

kastein posted:

Somehow my house had all its copper still present when I bought it. I tore it all out though since after days of inspecting and repairing hamfucked sections, I turned the water on and water still found 4 holes to come out of in a hurry (seconds after I turned the valve) and then just did it all from scratch.

Cost me around 500 in materials for all new, and that's a generous estimate... sold the old piping to the scrapyard for 244 a few years later when I was scraping the bottom financially. They did in fact take a copy of my ID.

Most of the houses I looked at before I bought mine had no copper left... loving thieves.

Yeah, come spring we play the 'look for water running out of basements, call the utility' game in my neighborhood, since like a third of it is foreclosures owned by out-of-state banks who don't have anyone local to check up on them. I really need to get my poo poo together and move.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

T1g4h posted:

Also, today I learned you can pick up an original Viper RT/10 for $30k or less. Any of you guys need a kidney? Or some blood plasma?

iŽll take a Testicle and some lymphnodes please

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

fjelltorsk posted:

iŽll take a Testicle and some lymphnodes please

Deal. Not like i'm using the former anyways :haw:

Seriouspost, hang in there man. I haven't really said much re: what you're going through because there's not much I can say. All I can really offer is the usual: Stay strong, keep fighting it, and know that AI is rooting for you. It sounds really lame when I put it that way though.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Had some issues with TV service skipping/freezing, so ATT came out, checked the lines, and replaced the modem with a newer model. I was browsing through the control panel seeing if there were any interesting new settings and came across the firewall/port forwarding tab. Saw "games" listed, and clicked since I've been having some issues with Battlefield 4 and thought maybe a few network exceptions might help. Here is a list of the preset games you can forward:

Age of Empires
Age of Kings
Age of Wonders Aliens vs Predator
Anarchy Online
Asheron's Call
Baldurs Gate
BattleCom
Battlefield Communicator
Black and White
Dark Reign
Darn Reign 2
Delta Force
Delta Force 2
Descent 3
Descent Freespace
Diablo
Diablo I
Diablo II
Doom
Dune 2000
Elite FOrce
Everquest
F16/MIG29
F22 Lightning 3
F22 Raptor (Novalogic)
Falcon 4.0
Fighter Ace II
Gost Recon
Half Life
Heretic II
Hexen II
I'76
KALI
Mechwarrior 3/4
Midtown Madness
Motorcross Madness
MSN Gaming Zone
Myth: Fallen Lords
Need for Speed
Need for Speed 3
NetMech
Outlaws
Quake II / III
Rainbow Six
Red Alert
Rise of Nations
Rise of Rome
Roger Wilco
Rogue Spear
Soldier of Fortune
StarCraft
SWAT3
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
Total Annihilation
Ultima Online
Unreal Tournament
Warbirds 2

This modem would have kicked so much rear end in 1999. Maybe it's just AT&T's way of saying "PC gaming died in 2001, wtf is wrong with you" but either way thanks, AT&T, for a vivid trip down memory lane through my teenage years. Also, update your goddamned firmware.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

InitialDave posted:

Yeah.

Seriously though, I don't know about the US, but here copper from poo poo like wiring that you've stripped the insulation off or central heating pipes is like $5000 a ton.

Edit:
rcscott, we had people steal the lead flashing off our factory roof. You know, the factory with a few tons of superalloys lying around in it. :bravo:

any tutu wearing vicars in the vicinity

T-Square
May 14, 2009

God drat it. I've been resisting the urge to buy Assetto Corsa, and get into iRacing (bad idea) on the grounds that I don't have a racing wheel anymore. A Logitec G27 just popped up for under $150, I could probably talk him down to $100. Probably won't be as nice as my old Fanatec though.

Also, normally the city just plows around the outside of cul-de-sacs, and leaves all the poo poo in the middle. Came home today and they shoved all of it into my front yard. No more romping in the fluffy stuff every time I leave for work and come home until it snows again. :saddowns:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I just can't get into console gaming and new computer games just don't deliver for some reason. Late 90s and early 2000s were, for me at least, the height of computer gaming.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
There were several incidents of DC power cable being stolen from our offices last year, which means the thieves were ballsy or dumb (or both!) since you can't access them without swiping the company-provided ID. :psyduck:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

rscott posted:

Our big problem is people stealing metal out our scrap bins, apparently "pure" aircraft grade Al/Ti fetches a pretty penny even in scrap form

poo poo... I have a bit of this (like 1'x3'x16ga) sitting in my office, I was gonna make a dash gauge cluster out of it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Had some issues with TV service skipping/freezing, so ATT came out, checked the lines, and replaced the modem with a newer model. I was browsing through the control panel seeing if there were any interesting new settings and came across the firewall/port forwarding tab. Saw "games" listed, and clicked since I've been having some issues with Battlefield 4 and thought maybe a few network exceptions might help. Here is a list of the preset games you can forward:

Age of Empires
Age of Kings
Age of Wonders Aliens vs Predator
Anarchy Online
Asheron's Call
Baldurs Gate
BattleCom
Battlefield Communicator
Black and White

This modem would have kicked so much rear end in 1999. Maybe it's just AT&T's way of saying "PC gaming died in 2001, wtf is wrong with you" but either way thanks, AT&T, for a vivid trip down memory lane through my teenage years. Also, update your goddamned firmware.
That's a really old 2Wire firmware I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

CharlesM posted:

That's a really old 2Wire firmware I think.

Yep, it's an ATT branded 2wire

• Locked thread