Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Tonfa posted:

I enjoy that they're now actually showing the people in the room in between games. For the longest time I thought they only had the ~10 people on camera watching each run.

Yeah, they're having a lot of fun with the camera now and it's a lot better than random dead air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The rest of today is going to be pretty drat sick. Boshy is a not-great game but Witwix is entertaining and he's a drat god at it. Then DKC2, which should be good, Zelda 1 (Darkwing Duck is also entertaining and skilled), Zelda 2, and five Mario games including Kaizo Mario World. I'm glad Fire Emblem is the late-night game; some people like watching those games run but not me.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I have no idea what this game is but I'm guessing it's related to I Wanna Be The Guy so this should be good.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RyokoTK posted:

The rest of today is going to be pretty drat sick. Boshy is a not-great game but Witwix is entertaining and he's a drat god at it. Then DKC2, which should be good, Zelda 1 (Darkwing Duck is also entertaining and skilled), Zelda 2, and five Mario games including Kaizo Mario World. I'm glad Fire Emblem is the late-night game; some people like watching those games run but not me.

:agreed:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cool Buff Man posted:

This is almost as cool as when ultrajman showed off his game of thrones fanfic game during sgdq

Oh my god I forgot about that.

Kreittis
Jan 7, 2010

Foxhound? Houndfox.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

RyokoTK posted:

I'm glad Fire Emblem is the late-night game; some people like watching those games run but not me.

Can we have some brave soul volunteer for fireguard duty and give us a report on how this goes?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Jibo posted:

I have no idea what this game is but I'm guessing it's related to I Wanna Be The Guy so this should be good.

It's not really too related to IWBTG besides being really hard, it's a terrible game that Witwix is amazing and fun at.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Jibo posted:

It's like a bigger, messier, dumber version of IWBTG.

The dev went on to make Wings of Vi (on Steam now) which is by most accounts a little buggy and unbalanced still, but a much fairer (but still loving insanely hard) precision platformer.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Jibo posted:

The whole I Wanna Be The Whatever phenomenon is so weird. IWBTG is a loving terrible game by any sense, and Boshy is one of the ripoff-of-a-ripoffs it spawned.

It's probably the best of all of them in that most of the challenges are "fair" (but it's still very, very hard).

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's IWBTG that's full of dated memes, right? Or am I thinking of something else?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

MrBims posted:

Can we have some brave soul volunteer for fireguard duty and give us a report on how this goes?

I'll be watching Fire Emblem.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Oof, leaving "You're gonna get raped" on the screen for a while there. Awkward.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

weekly font posted:

It's IWBTG that's full of dated memes, right? Or am I thinking of something else?

IWBTG is just videogame sprites, I wouldn't really say memes.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Good thing this isn't for a sexual abuse charity.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Awesome, time for my favorite run from last gdq

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

MrBims posted:

IWBTG is just videogame sprites, I wouldn't really say memes.

Boshy is full of dated memes, though, which I think is what he meant.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
not Floe, not watching

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

MrBims posted:

Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance (assuming they're playing PoR on fixed mode which I assume they are) should be less subject to RNG because the shouldn't be as reliant on getting the right level ups.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
witwix fuckin owns btw

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

$35 donated by the couch per death. This owns.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Holy poo poo $35 total per death, that's insanely generous.

I would not be surprised if Probro had a huge pile of donation money of his own from his stream though.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

$35 donation per death from the runner and couch. This just became amazing.

(You die a lot in most IWBTB runs.)

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Looks like wacky wobblers are going to be broke after this run

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

witwix owns

Fire Emblem will own, Morrowind will own tonight gonna own

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
$35 per death is a lot of money. Watching them "lose" $105 in the blink of an eye there was great.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The pained head rubbing after the double death is just beautiful.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yeah Boshy is really loving stupid and was made mostly as a bunch of in-jokes for streamers, I think?

I guess it might be entertaining to watch, but it looks like an awful game.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
how much can he jump in the air, indefinetly or what?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Just watch the couch for reactions after each death.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Boshy is a very awful game, most ultra-hard platformers are. But the run is absolutely worth watching because Witwix is funny and super good at it.

e:

Syncopated posted:

There are floating powerups that restore your air jump.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Syncopated posted:

One double-jump, but picking up one one those floating blue balls gives an additional jump.

I fuckin' love Boshy runs.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

Yeah Boshy is really loving stupid and was made mostly as a bunch of in-jokes for streamers, I think?

It is definitely a terrible game, but it's fun enough to watch.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Don't know about the game, but this looks like it's shaping up to be real entertaining.

Hoping to watch them lose a fortune.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
Oh man I forgot about the spiders...

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

This is one of those streams where the game might be less than entertaining, but the runner is entertaining enough to make up for it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
"His new game, Wings of Vi, is okay tho...don't play that either."

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

"Just... don't play it."

"He's got like fifty games in his library. Don't play them."

:v:

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
11 deaths in around five minutes and still maybe more than an hour to go. They're going to be donating more than the GDP of Zimbabwe pretty soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm going to give this skip two tries. It's not my money. :v:

• Locked thread