Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Hey guys <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

The hatred towards anime is triggering me and making me donate money in rage

20 grand?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Sdoots posted:

If you were making a list of the best runs this year, what would it be? Trying to figure out what to recommend to friends, and also what I still need to watch. So far I've got Dark Forces 2, Battleblock Theatre, and Boshy. What else?

Blood is a personal favorite but I don't think it's something a viewer would appreciate without actually having played it.

Castlevania 3 race was really super good.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

good to know notch saved some money after buying that mansion

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Sdoots posted:

If you were making a list of the best runs this year, what would it be? Trying to figure out what to recommend to friends, and also what I still need to watch. So far I've got Dark Forces 2, Battleblock Theatre, and Boshy. What else?

Blood is a personal favorite but I don't think it's something a viewer would appreciate without actually having played it.

DKC:Tropical Freeze was pretty good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
he is loving killing it right now too

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

KKKLIP ART posted:

Uncharted and Sonic Heroes.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sdoots posted:

the sega genesis block

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Don't forget Uncharted. That was a surprisingly great run.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Also pretty much the entire TASBot thing.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Anyone know what the record is for this game?

Ohmygodsquad
Dec 14, 2005

Sdoots posted:

Uncharted was a pretty good glitchfest.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

KKKLIP ART posted:

I wonder if good runs of a good game ever inspire people to go out and buy it or even a console when necessary. The SGDQ run of Super Mario 3D World made me decide I needed a Wii U and that game.

I'm not familiar with Boshy but I appreciate the random Terranigma music out of nowhere.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Sentient Desk Lamp posted:

I don't know but witwix has it. He's like the only one who runs this game.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

13/f/cali posted:

I wonder if good runs of a good game ever inspire people to go out and buy it or even a console when necessary. The SGDQ run of Super Mario 3D World made me decide I needed a Wii U and that game.

I have decided that I need to buy Power Blade and Little Samson.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Say it with me: 160k+ viewers! Pretty loving amazing.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

13/f/cali posted:

I'm not familiar with Boshy but I appreciate the random Terranigma music out of nowhere.

I bought super monkey ball due to a couple of great streamers... then I was reminded I'm bad at videogames and that game is loving hard :negative:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Sol Gryn does sound like the kind of name a random end boss would have.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

56:03

e:That's witwix's PB, not the record. Actually, that might be the record too

tag youre fat fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 6, 2015

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If only the 20K donation had a message like "Step up your game Notch"

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Sdoots posted:

TASBot of course (though MK64 is skippable, but kind of funny).
I like They Bleed Pixels but maybe that should be on a separate list of "runs with dev commentary". The portion of Banjo Kazooie with the sound director on is good for that reason but the rest of it should be skipped.
I'm going to catch up with the NES block later myself.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Sol Gryn does sound like the kind of name a random end boss would have.

Apparently cigarette boxes are the ultimate evil.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

bobjr posted:

If only the 20K donation had a message like "Step up your game Notch"

the 20k donation was from notch

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

Apparently cigarette boxes are the ultimate evil.

It's oatmeal.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

I wonder what kind of numbers might be pulled with some of the more popular games later on in the marathon.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Sdoots posted:

Gimmick.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This game is like a time capsule for internet memes.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug
So, any bets on what the max viewer count will be for this AGDQ?

I feel like 200k is attainable with a popular game

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Inepta Lacerta posted:

I wonder what kind of numbers might be pulled with some of the more popular games later on in the marathon.

Later today, we have DKC2 and a bunch of Zelda and Mario games. I would not be surprised if we break 200k.

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

parasyte posted:

TASBot of course (though MK64 is skippable, but kind of funny).
I like They Bleed Pixels but maybe that should be on a separate list of "runs with dev commentary". The portion of Banjo Kazooie with the sound director on is good for that reason but the rest of it should be skipped.
I'm going to catch up with the NES block later myself.

Battleblock theater is incredible go watch it everyone now!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Witwix at best only ever has like 400 people usually. This is amazing. He's gonna get a bunch of traffic after this.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

So, any bets on what the max viewer count will be for this AGDQ?

I feel like 200k is attainable with a popular game

I would not be surprised if Final Fantasy 7 dragged in 200,000 viewers.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Crain posted:

Witwix at best only ever has like 400 people usually. This is amazing. He's gonna get a bunch of traffic after this.

Yeah, I've seen him with 1k every once in a while but it's usually 4-600

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug
These memes just do not stop coming

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Crain posted:

Uh Witwix easily gets over 1k each time he streams.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Sdoots posted:

Best of the marathon thus far:

* Boshy
* Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
* Dark Forces II
* Battleblock Theater
* TASBOT block on Saturday
* Gimmick!
* Zelda II (decent commentary, plus glitch run)

Very good, but not top-tier:

* Broforce (it's not that fast, but it's short and cute)
* Descent (simply because he did a good job of explaining the technical aspects of the run)
* Perspective (not many people have seen it, it's fast, and kinda cool)
* Within a Deep Forest (good dev commentary)
* Metal Slug Advance

Questionable but you might enjoy it:

* Banjo-Kazooie is boring on its face value (it's two hours of Rareware collect-a-thon), but they had dev commentary on it, which was mildly interesting. Stories about what did and didn't slip past Nintendo censors, etc.
* Blood is excellent if you've played the game, and won't be as interesting if you haven't.

I haven't watched them yet (a man must sleep), but supposedly the Contra and River City Ransom runs were amusing. I'll update this post if I get time to watch them at work.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 7, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Crain posted:

Witwix averages 800 most of the time.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This is unbeelievable.

EDIT: OH WHAT THE HELL, the donation reader just said the same thing. drat it.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Now the hivemind is starting with the bee puns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

This has been the best run so far.

Edit: ^ :getin:

• Locked thread