Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

hubris.height posted:

goddammit ferb are you responsible for space popes ham radio obsession
yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
the local ham meet was so cool a lot of them kinda wish there was a pirate radio station in the area. i dont know how common that is but it owns.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wanna find a ffxiv guild but the goon guild is on the launch day server and thats always locked down and also lol goon guilds

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

goon guilds need to have at least 33% quiltbags before they become tolerable

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
dont play in goon guilds unless u like sociopaths, drama, and literal pedophiles

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

goon guilds need to have at least 33% quiltbags before they become tolerable

Jesus Christ.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Space-Pope posted:

dont play in goon guilds unless u like sociopaths, drama, and literal pedophiles

And furries. Haha. Actual literal furries.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Space-Pope posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Goon guilds used to be good until the pedofiles ran all the furries out.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Goon guilds used to be good until the pedofiles ran all the furries out.

The goons dont grow up and stay attracted to preteens. It's sad.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

id much rather have furries than pedos tbh

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Liver Disaster posted:

i play on ps3, i have a keyboard though so im not one of those people that just spams emotes at the end of a dungeon

controller support is amazing, i can keep punching a monster's butthole while shouting directions at my group
if i wanted to get really frisky i could map everything to right hand so i can type at people nonstop but it isnt really necessary

holy poo poo you like it this much on PS3? It's insanely better on PS4.

I grabbed it on PS3 for the crossbuy deal they got going on and once I played it on my PS4 i could never go back

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Liver Disaster posted:

id much rather have furries than pedos tbh

yeah at least furries aren't literally abusing children (usually)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Notorious QIG posted:

yeah at least furries aren't literally abusing children (usually)

Space pope has sex with animals. I am not making this up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

holy poo poo you like it this much on PS3? It's insanely better on PS4.

I grabbed it on PS3 for the crossbuy deal they got going on and once I played it on my PS4 i could never go back

ill be picking one up within the next few months but yeah it plays better than any other mmo ive ever played
i saw on the website that it uses the ps4 controller touchpad, does that move the cursor on the screen or something?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Liver Disaster posted:

ill be picking one up within the next few months but yeah it plays better than any other mmo ive ever played
i saw on the website that it uses the ps4 controller touchpad, does that move the cursor on the screen or something?

yep, exactly. I use a Logitech K400 keyboard on my PS4 though for chat/trackpad, works perfectly

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

yep, exactly. I use a Logitech K400 keyboard on my PS4 though for chat/trackpad, works perfectly

very nice!
no trackpad on mine but suits the needs anyway

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Having played several MMOs, Guild Wars 2 is the only one I could recommend to another human being in good conscience, and even then with a substantial list caveats. What saves it for me is that its version of open world PvP is really drat good and it has the most elegant and enjoyable RPG combat system I've experienced outside of Dark Souls 1 & 2. Plus it has free updates and no sub fee whatsoever, so I drop it for a few months and pick it up again just like Battlefield or whatever.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
lol

literally all they had to do was copy guild wars 1, and they failed and instead they made a giant smelly turd

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Only caveat is lack of open world PvP in GW2.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

at the date posted:

Having played several MMOs, Guild Wars 2 is the only one I could recommend to another human being in good conscience, and even then with a substantial list caveats. What saves it for me is that its version of open world PvP is really drat good and it has the most elegant and enjoyable RPG combat system I've experienced outside of Dark Souls 1 & 2. Plus it has free updates and no sub fee whatsoever, so I drop it for a few months and pick it up again just like Battlefield or whatever.

how is the combat in GW2 remotely good? it's the same cooldown clicker garbage as any other mmo just with some ineffectual "dodges" built in. elegant really? i guess in a world where elegant means whatever you want.

enjoying mmos is a sickness imo.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

tera's combat was really good what with enemies not hitting you unless they physically hit you and dodging and poo poo but its laggy and miserable and the people on it suck
how is it still this clunky after seven years

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

how is the combat in GW2 remotely good? it's the same cooldown clicker garbage as any other mmo just with some ineffectual "dodges" built in. elegant really? i guess in a world where elegant means whatever you want.

I don't want to get into an argument over this, but in other MMOs and most RPGs:

- you have to have an enemy targeted to use attacks
- you don't get dodge rolls
- crowd control is either (A) piss-easy to use and gamebreaking or (B) nonexistent
- class diversity boils down to thief/mage/warrior with different colors of abilites
- there is comparatively little emphasis on movement during combat

GW2's PvP combat is fluid, fast-paced, and dynamic—emphatically not about just hitting cooldowns as they come up. Then again I only play engineer/mesmer and found the other classes so boring that I never did much with them. So maybe you're right in some cases? iunno

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

never really used origin before.
using it now for dargon age 3 and it is epicly ftw

makes steam look like its str8 out of 1999

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

at the date posted:

I don't want to get into an argument over this, but in other MMOs and most RPGs:

- crowd control is either (A) piss-easy to use and gamebreaking or (B) nonexistent
- class diversity boils down to thief/mage/warrior with different colors of abilites

GW2's PvP combat is fluid, fast-paced, and dynamic—emphatically not about just hitting cooldowns as they come up. Then again I only play engineer/mesmer and found the other classes so boring that I never did much with them. So maybe you're right in some cases? iunno

dodge rolls~

lmfao!

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Ludwig van Halen posted:

dodge rolls~

lmfao!

:shrug:

What can I say?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

mmo but with dodge rolls
rogue like like lite but with dodge rolls
shootmans but with dodge rolls
mapgame but with dodge rolls

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ludwig van Halen posted:

It's essentially a less bloated steam with fewer games. I just wish it had a big picture analogue.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Ludwig van Halen posted:

yeah origin is perfectly fine imho. the real issue is having to manage yet another friends list

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

dodge rolls in an mmo is nice :shrug:
anythings better than 'roll the dice, did the enemy hit you, push whatever just cooled down'

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

okay so this image

pit is going for ~40$ on eBay, a margin of 28$
captain falcon is going for 40$, a margin of 28$
little mac is going for ~35$, a margin of 23$
marth is going for ~45$, a margin of 33$
luigi's going for cost

i see 16 pits, 21 little macs, 4 falcons, 4 luigis, 1 marth

so that bed has ~1400$ worth of Pure Profit on it

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Liver Disaster posted:

dodge rolls in an mmo is nice :shrug:
anythings better than 'roll the dice, did the enemy hit you, push whatever just cooled down'

oh yeah, that's another thing, you don't miss attacks based on RNG. You can miss if you have bad aim, you're out of range or blinded, or there's an obstacle in the way. Otherwise you hit the first thing in the path of your attack. This does allow friendlies to block for you/act as unwitting cover.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 7, 2015

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

at the date posted:

oh yeah, that's another thing, you don't miss attacks based on RNG. You can miss if you have bad aim, you're out of range or blinded, or there's an obstacle in the way. Otherwise you hit the first thing in the path of your attack.

yep, TERA has the same thing going for it
different classes have different dodges too, archer leaps backwards for example. some other classes dive to the side or whatever so they all have their own advantages

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

okay so this image

pit is going for ~40$ on eBay, a margin of 28$
captain falcon is going for 40$, a margin of 28$
little mac is going for ~35$, a margin of 23$
marth is going for ~45$, a margin of 33$
luigi's going for cost

i see 16 pits, 21 little macs, 4 falcons, 4 luigis, 1 marth

so that bed has ~1400$ worth of Pure Profit on it

thanks for doing the math on this. i was very interested in how much this random guy on the internet is going to make from selling his nintendo dolls

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

that guy's like the guy from the wolf on wall street movie but he's selling amiibos

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

My name is Jordan Belfort. I'm a former member of the middle class raised by two gay dads. The year I turned 26 I made $1400 selling amiibos on Craigslist, but what really pisses me off is the Xbox One uses the wrong type of RAM.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

My name is Jordan Belfort. I'm a former member of the middle class raised by two gay dads. The year I turned 26 I made $1400 selling amiibos on Craigslist, but what really pisses me off is the Xbox One uses the wrong type of RAM.

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I wanna find a ffxiv guild but the goon guild is on the launch day server and thats always locked down and also lol goon guilds

the excalibur character creation is not that bad and generally is open if you try and create a character on a weekday morning, early afternoon, or late evening and the goon guild is actually full of fun relaxed people who make bad puns constantly (much like the rest of the game does) and help new players run stuff a lot, which is far better than the autists, kid fuckers and anime enthusiasts (or combination thereof) I've run into in every other goon game

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

at the date posted:

i'm afraid that you have... mmo-aids. it's uncurable sorry rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

i'm afraid that you have... mmo-aids. it's uncurable sorry rip.

I'm playing it right now and there is nothing u can do about it, DAD!!!

• Locked thread