Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Wassbix posted:

Avoid buying anything from Popo that isn't a Christmas cake or a Colosseum Ticket (if you can get 7-10 wins), its all so over priced and easier to get else where. Especially weapons/heroes.

Oh really? I thought it was pretty handy especially when you get good 4* heroes pop up. I normally just convert my gems to gold and buy stuff off Popo since I don't really have any uses for gems at the minute.

I don't play enough to need refills and I've got more than enough storage space. Wouldn't spending the equivalent of 20 gems on gold be worth it to get someone like Joan or Sasquatch or should I just save my money and keep trying to evolve dudes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Kegslayer posted:

Oh really? I thought it was pretty handy especially when you get good 4* heroes pop up. I normally just convert my gems to gold and buy stuff off Popo since I don't really have any uses for gems at the minute.

I don't play enough to need refills and I've got more than enough storage space. Wouldn't spending the equivalent of 20 gems on gold be worth it to get someone like Joan or Sasquatch or should I just save my money and keep trying to evolve dudes?

Most 4*s aren't too hard to get through promotions. If you don't need the gems for anything pull for some of the gacha heroes cause couple of them are quite good.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Haha, MCP I can't believe we managed to just annihilate the second world boss with your 3* team.

God those Xmas units are OP.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

m.hache posted:

Haha, MCP I can't believe we managed to just annihilate the second world boss with your 3* team.

God those Xmas units are OP.

Sorry about that I disconnected so I guess it was all AI. I can go again if you want.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

mcpringles posted:

Sorry about that I disconnected so I guess it was all AI. I can go again if you want.

Well poo poo, that AI just stunlocked the boss the entire round.

I'm all out of Meat for now. Maybe later.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

No problem. The stupid thing is most random people won't group with me.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

mcpringles posted:

No problem. The stupid thing is most random people won't group with me.

To be fair I didn't think it would work but since you readied up I figured why not.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Sitting in 8008. If you can stunlock the boss I can drop him.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
I have two quests to clear 2-24 hard a few times, I've done it twice but the quests don't show any progress. Am I just out of luck? Ones for Alexander and ones some urgent thing.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

tophet posted:

I have two quests to clear 2-24 hard a few times, I've done it twice but the quests don't show any progress. Am I just out of luck? Ones for Alexander and ones some urgent thing.

The quests have been very glitchy for me. I find force quitting the game and logging back in sometimes helps.

Also make sure you're actually running it on Hard mode.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

tophet posted:

It's just a display bug. I have that happen all the time and I'll complete the quest even though it stays at 0.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

alright someone tell me what to do here on this game.

I'm almost through the desert lvl.

im running a 4* susanoo, a 3* archer, and a 3* meowcat for heals

I'm getting worked.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm getting worked.

While I'm not a pro at this game, All I can suggest is to make sure your unit levels are decent, and always make sure you have 3 heal blocks connected always to keep yourself fine, Also don't forget to link special skills to 3* units and higher.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Keep a bun in the oven and make sure your dudes are well fed.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I've barely used most of my bread because it's expensive as hell. even selling most of the bad ones and using christmas cakes, I only train to promote.

Also Mew is the good healer right? My Bear Fancier evolved into Mew.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Holy poo poo Giparang is strong. I'm focusing on giving her all the 3 block strings and she just keeps clearing the current wave and half of the next in a single shot.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

This is after getting 5 Marias. :v:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I was thinking of making a tier listing for all the characters in the game. I'm trying to build up some teams and a lot of times I'm at a total loss whether it's worth keeping a unit around. Here's just a basic rundown from what I've found thus far on my own

PVE
Warrior:
Joan of Arc
Susanoo

Paladin:
Alexander
Kriemhild

Archer:
Giparang

Hunter:
D'artagnan
Sneak

Wizard:
Sasquatch
Alice

Priest:
Mew
Woompa Woopa

I don't have too much time in PVP, nor the resources to test various groupings. I would also like to add some group combos that are very effective so you can start building up teams. Hopefully we can get something drafted up and I'll keep on updating this post as needed. If it get's decent enough maybe we can toss it in the OP.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

This is the Korean tier list as of the Dec 23rd patch.

S tier
- Leon of Light (Legendary Warrior / Starter)
- Devil Bullet No. 9 (Contract Hunter)
- D'Artagnan of Iron Will (Legendary Hunter)
- Black Witch Dorothy (Legendary Wizard)
- Night Goddess Lilith (Contract Wizard)
- Hawk Eye Hikari (Contract Archer)
- Nightingale of Light (Contract Priest)
- Shogun Susanoo (Warrior)

A+ tier
- Savior Saintess Maria (Legendary Priest)
- Cat Master Mew (Priest)
- Great Shaman Himiko (Contract Priest)
- Limit Breaker Archon (Wizard)
- Kriemhild of Oath (Legendary Paladin)
- Giparang of Full Moon (Archer / Quest Obtainable)
- Cowgirl Maxi (Hunter)
- Demon Archer Sigruna (Legendary Archer)
- Emperor Alexander (Paladin / Quest Obtainable)
- True Devil Cain (Contract Paladin)

A tier
- Freezing Sasquatch (Wizard)
- Nine Tailed Fox Yeowoodong (Priest / Quest Starter)
- Steel Knight Joan of Arc (Warrior)
- Bone Dragon Gon (Contract Archer)
- Nobleman Robin Hood (Archer)
- Commander Spyro (Hunter)
- Judge Vincent (Hunter)
- Hanzo of Gale (Archer)
- Legendary Mercenary Sneak (Contract Hunter)

B+ tier
- Death Messenger Korin (Wizard / Quest Obtainable)
- Succubus Queen Rachel (Wizard / Quest Obtainable)
- Emergency Relief Nurspy (Priest)
- Woomparoom Woopa (Priest)
- Kaori the Undefeated (Warrior)
- War God Achilles (Paladin)
- R - 0 (Archer / Quest Starter)
- Absolute Devil Vivian (Contract Warrior / Quest Starter)

B tier
- Monte Cristo (Warrior / Quest Obtainable)
- Devil Slayer Abel (Contract Warrior)
- Evil Spirit Crow (Hunter)

C tier
- Spade Queen Alice (Contract Wizard)
- Thor of Severe Cold (Paladin)
- White Beard Drake (Paladin)
- Vane the Dark Knight (Contract Paladin)

PSA: A number of tooltips for skills/passives in the Tome are wrong. Ex: Maria's are completely wrong and Archon's passive tooltip doesn't list how he can build electricity orbs etc. Check the Dec 23 Patch Notes for the actual effects. **Engrish/mistranslations in the patch notes too, but you'll get the general idea

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 8, 2015

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Edit: better up above

Few thing to add is that some of the heroes people think are bugged.

Nightingale - She doesn't actually stop healing, you can use the block once and she will constantly heal over and over and never stop to even throw an auto-attack

Hikari - Her arrows knock back and re-registers the damage per knockback so she hits multiple times in the same attack, which makes her dps retarded.

No real comment on whether those are being fixed or not, so for now those 2 are amazing at what they do.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 7, 2015

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
I can attest that Drake blows hard. I am having a lot of fun with Korin and Woompa Woopa though. I should level up another tank-class character for better synergy, but resources are hard to come by at lv. 15.

Would I be fine with running Korin/Woopa/Hanzo instead of Korin/Woopa/Drake, or is that too squishy?
*all lv. 4*

burntpork fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 8, 2015

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So if I am reading this correctly, I should work on my Leon, R-0, and be evolving every healer hoping to get lucky?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Snowmankilla posted:

So if I am reading this correctly, I should work on my Leon, R-0, and be evolving every healer hoping to get lucky?

Optionally, save up like 200k gold and just buy mew's contract from popo if you see it. This also applies to a lot of other 4*s

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug

gwrtheyrn posted:

Optionally, save up like 200k gold and just buy mew's contract from popo if you see it. This also applies to a lot of other 4*s

Has anyone seen contract only units for sale at popo's? I would really like sneak, but I know my luck will never let me get one from gatcha.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Rianlee posted:

Has anyone seen contract only units for sale at popo's? I would really like sneak, but I know my luck will never let me get one from gatcha.

Contract is contract only I believe.

Also never buy heroes from popo. 200k lets you do two 5*->6* promotions and like 20 3*->4*s

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Wassbix posted:

Edit: better up above

Few thing to add is that some of the heroes people think are bugged.

Nightingale - She doesn't actually stop healing, you can use the block once and she will constantly heal over and over and never stop to even throw an auto-attack

She does stop, actually. At least for me(at 4-star), she does exactly what the tooltip describes, heals and then continues healing at auto-attack speed for 5 seconds. Unless that changes as she gets better(the tooltip on future promotions doesn't indicate so) I don't know what you're seeing but I wish I did =(

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm getting worked.

I set my leader as my healer, so I have tons of heal spells. For the harder levels I just spam heals while doing a bunch of white damage. I also have a skill on my healer that creates 2 leader blocks when used, so it's an almost endless stream of healing.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Seriously, I can't imagine blowing gold on anything Popo sells. It's way cheaper to shove bread down some 3* guy's gullet, and unless your luck is atrocious you'll get who you're after sooner rather than later.

When I think of all the 5* guys I could train up with 200k gold right now.... :negative:

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Just got a 4* Robin Hood out of a random free contract (loving the way the game just hands you IAP stuff) and I'm wondering:

I started playing a few days ago, and I have a 3* Archer already at 30 and ready to promote. Seeing Robin is pretty high on the tier list, should I save my honor for Leon or another one of my units, or try and play the promotion game to get a better Archer?

Already have 4* Himiko from contract as well.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
On the other hand, if you do 30 3->4*, that's a lot of honor you could be rolling on the honor contracts, assuming the contract only stuff can come from there too.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Vincent Valentine posted:

She does stop, actually. At least for me(at 4-star), she does exactly what the tooltip describes, heals and then continues healing at auto-attack speed for 5 seconds. Unless that changes as she gets better(the tooltip on future promotions doesn't indicate so) I don't know what you're seeing but I wish I did =(

From testing in dungeons, she will bug out and go infinite. I'm not sure what causes it but I've left it on for an hour and came back to her still alive healing herself.... Also had the sad sad experience where she was the only one left against a Boss with 10 hp left, and she wouldn't stop to throw out an auto-attack so I had to abandon since she wouldn't die either.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Steamrolling the World-3 water boss with Woopa (lead), Korin, and Hanzo felt really good. Should I sell away my max Rank-3 Drake for the Honor now that I've realzed how much of a burden he is?

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug

burntpork posted:

Steamrolling the World-3 water boss with Woopa (lead), Korin, and Hanzo felt really good. Should I sell away my max Rank-3 Drake for the Honor now that I've realzed how much of a burden he is?

By no means an expert, but I don't think you should. It is possible that Drake will be buffed at some point, and you'll regret selling him.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

:woop: :woop:

I finally got my first 6* weapon and it's a healer weapon too.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

It really sucks being held back due to a shortage of Honor. I guess I should just start maxing 2-3 star junk and returning them.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Dizz posted:

It really sucks being held back due to a shortage of Honor. I guess I should just start maxing 2-3 star junk and returning them.

I feel like I'm going to have to do that too. I'm obsessively holding on to a lot of the 3-star units I get just so I can return them for honor later, because I don't want to take the 460 Honor gamble to get a decent 4-star.

Edit: Did the free Contract and got my second Himiko. Hooray...

Zodack fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jan 8, 2015

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Honor won't be an issue once you are Gold/Master rank in the Colosseum. The easiest way is to get Leon to 5*/6* for most people. A 6* Leon can carry you to at least Gold rank.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

My free roll got me a Korin.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there a list of what epic quests there are and their rewards? I'm doing an Alexander questline and I already have Alexander.

Just wondering if I should bother seeing as I'm having a hell of a time with golem hard mode and that's the next quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

gwrtheyrn posted:

On the other hand, if you do 30 3->4*, that's a lot of honor you could be rolling on the honor contracts, assuming the contract only stuff can come from there too.

I don't think it does? The icon shows the gem contract, so I'm pretty sure it has to be that.

Got a 5* Maxi off today's free pull. Good times.

• Locked thread