Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

immoral_ posted:

If he doesn't say "I am the Bringer of Rain" at least once, I will disown this show.

Yeah I hope they lean into it super hard.

He's a fairly major villain, right? Wondering what the chances are that he sticks around for a few episodes. Really poorly acted villains are one of this show's few misses so getting more awesome actors is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah he is one of the proper Rogues, along with Captain Cold and Heat Wave. A lot of the early guys they killed off were C/D-list villains from other characters.

I doubt they are going to kill off any of the actual Rogues, they will likely just jail them for future use. Those are roughly: Captain Cold, Weather Wizard, Heat Wave, Pied Piper, Trickster, Captain Boomerang, Mirror Master, and a few others. Those were the ones who specifically teamed up a ton. Then of course Grodd, Zoom, and Abra Cadabra are the bigger villains who aren't really considered Rogues and that the others stayed away from.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm a little worried about Grodd actually because once he's appeared the show must surely have hit its peak and it'll all be downhill from there.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Now we need Peter Mensah to be in charge of some sort of villain training program. Maybe some place with a sandy floor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We'll probably see more of Geoff Johns favorite villains and ones he created or repurposed into Flash baddies. Murmur, Blacksmith, Double Down, Magenta, Goldface. They'd all be fairly simple to translate to the small screen.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Jerusalem posted:

I'm a little worried about Grodd actually because once he's appeared the show must surely have hit its peak and it'll all be downhill from there.

Well, until we get to Gorilla City!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Burning_Monk posted:

Well, until we get to Gorilla City!

Oh man, yeah I guess I'll still have that to look forward to, awesome.

I love that this is a thing I can honestly see absolutely happening on this show at some point down the line.

malk83
Sep 3, 2008

Just saw Caitlyn in a film I hadn't previously heard of - Time Lapse. Nice little thriller, good to see her doing something other than yelling at Barry!

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Was she able to act in that one?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Is John Krasinski working on anything right now?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I just realized that they should get John Hannah to voice Grodd when that episode comes up

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Angry Walrus posted:

Was she able to act in that one?

No it was terrible.

Hazo posted:

Is John Krasinski working on anything right now?

I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS REFERENCE.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

I just realized that they should get John Hannah to voice Grodd when that episode comes up

This would own.

Now how can we get Lucy Lawless involved :allears:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Rhyno posted:

I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS REFERENCE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCLzsx6FhJA&t=281s

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Cock status: Raging.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Rhyno posted:

We'll probably see more of Geoff Johns favorite villains and ones he created or repurposed into Flash baddies. Murmur, Blacksmith, Double Down, Magenta, Goldface. They'd all be fairly simple to translate to the small screen.

I hope you're wrong, because all of those are terrible, but you're probably right.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah he is one of the proper Rogues, along with Captain Cold and Heat Wave. A lot of the early guys they killed off were C/D-list villains from other characters.

I doubt they are going to kill off any of the actual Rogues, they will likely just jail them for future use. Those are roughly: Captain Cold, Weather Wizard, Heat Wave, Pied Piper, Trickster, Captain Boomerang, Mirror Master, and a few others. Those were the ones who specifically teamed up a ton. Then of course Grodd, Zoom, and Abra Cadabra are the bigger villains who aren't really considered Rogues and that the others stayed away from.

You forgot Doctor Alchemy. :colbert:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Clearly Peter Mensah should voice Grodd, he's got a great booming voice.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CobiWann posted:

You forgot Doctor Alchemy. :colbert:

I said a few others!

I had thought of him, but I was mainly trying to pinpoint the Rogues who actually team up the most. I didn't include the Top since I am not super confidant they will show him, even though he would be glorious. I did forget Golden Glider though.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Zaggitz posted:

Clearly Peter Mensah should voice Grodd, he's got a great booming voice.

How about BRIAN BLESSED?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Wait, there's no Flash? Why? Shield gets to come back, and I don't even like that show!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't back. Agent Carter is airing now.

Also, S.H.I.E.L.D. is good now.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Phenotype posted:

Wait, there's no Flash? Why? Shield gets to come back, and I don't even like that show!

January 20th.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Phylodox posted:

S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't back. Agent Carter is airing now.

I don't know what that means. And I don't care to.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

I dunno, I watched the first 3 or so episodes of Agents of SHIELD and it seemed like Aggressive Mediocrity: The Action Show. None of the actors really stood out as the sort of person that could really carry a show, even Coulson, who always seemed to be the perfect side character, the guy the protagonist chats with around the water cooler before going off to start doing interesting things. And I felt totally cockteased when the guy in the first episode or two didn't end up being Luke Cage. It's like Marvel went out of their way to make sure no one interesting would show up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That guy ended up becoming Deathlok.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Phenotype posted:

I don't know what that means. And I don't care to.

SHIELD is out for another couple of months, and during the long break they're showing a miniseries of 1950s Hayley Atwell kicking people in the face for the sake of Freedom.

And SHIELD ended up getting better after 10 episodes or so and became awesome after episode 17, but "hang in there for the first day of episodes" isn't exactly the way to get people to watch a show.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Agent Carter is also incredibly awesome and you can just jump into it even if you don't watch AoS. You should watch it to make up for the lack of Flash in your lives at the moment.

Shield is good too but whatever I won't proselytize about it here.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Regy Rusty posted:

Agent Carter is also incredibly awesome and you can just jump into it even if you don't watch AoS. You should watch it to make up for the lack of Flash in your lives at the moment.

Shield is good too but whatever I won't proselytize about it here.

I also recommend Agent Carter

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

If you aren't watching Agent Carter right now then you should reevaluate your lives.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jscolon2.0 posted:

I hope you're wrong, because all of those are terrible, but you're probably right.

Goldface is awesome what the hell is wrong with you???

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bringer of Rain as the Weather Man is pure genius!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Would you really count Piper?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Anybody not flipping to Shield immediately after Flash ends each week is doing tv wrong.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hahaha it's like the showrunners sat down, looked at their list of people to cast, and just said "gently caress it, cast anyone who was in Spartacus."

I mean this in a good way, obviously.

E: Apparently The original Flash pilot script was chock full of DC references, including:
Green Lantern, more Grodd, and Stargirl!

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 7, 2015

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone been watching State of Affairs, tell me Chris McKenna wouldn't make a drat fine Bruce Wayne.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Goldface is awesome what the hell is wrong with you???

Blacksmith is pretty much the only one I thought was stupid, the rest are uniquely great and could be awesome characters. Especially Murmur, who could even just be a Joe West B plot villain one episode (with STAR labs and Barry coming in with the cure to his poison).

bobkatt013 posted:

Would you really count Piper?

Well, Silver Age at least, wasn't he one of the main crew back then? He obviously wasn't during Johns' run, but then neither was Boomerang, except for Owen for a brief moment.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Guy A. Person posted:

Blacksmith is pretty much the only one I thought was stupid, the rest are uniquely great and could be awesome characters. Especially Murmur, who could even just be a Joe West B plot villain one episode (with STAR labs and Barry coming in with the cure to his poison).

Well, Silver Age at least, wasn't he one of the main crew back then? He obviously wasn't during Johns' run, but then neither was Boomerang, except for Owen for a brief moment.

Piper was not one for the entire Wally run, and the show must go on.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Bringer of Rain as the Weather Man is pure genius!

:tviv:

I need more Oenomaeus, Gannicus, and especially Battiatus in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tears rain down from a joyous post.

• Locked thread