Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015

beep by grandpa posted:

Wow that is one handsome speedrunner.

Frenchy ain't too bad on the eyes either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Not the worst smb3 commentary. That goes to the guy who tried to explain how the NES loads sprites and backgrounds.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

snodig posted:

Oh look, Caleb sporting a tank top in the back. How surprising.

:stare:

Why the hell did he do that?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ghostinmyshell posted:

I just got home from work and looked back the past few pages. Where's a list of the good runs to watch?

dkc tropical freeze
uncharted
jedi knight 2 jedi outcast
boshy
super mario bros 2 (jpn)
dkc2
sonic heroes

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Sire Oblivion posted:

He's a roidy psycho

(I kid, I kid)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Sire Oblivion posted:

You see, steroids make you really angry.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Sire Oblivion posted:

I don't know but he's a pretty cool streamer

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sire Oblivion posted:

caleb has anger issues

when he isn't constantly pimping out donations to get more donations he is a baller MMX runner, but he loses his poo poo a bunch

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
This is definitely the smug clique group of super mario bros.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Is anyone else getting buffering issues every now and again

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Al Borland posted:

This is definitely the smug clique group of super mario bros.

What makes them smug? Duckfist is prob like in my top 3 of cool dudes I'd want to grab a beer with at AGDQ.

(#1 is RWhiteGoose of course)

edit: I said cool dudes because I am terrified of women.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

beep by grandpa posted:

dkc tropical freeze
uncharted
boshy
super mario bros 2 (jpn)
dkc2
sonic heroes

Thank you very much!

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Crain posted:

He's a roidy psycho

(I kid, I kid)

no seriously. Dude has serious hgh gut. he clearly does steroids

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Little Mac posted:

Is anyone else getting buffering issues every now and again
Whenever the banner flips between ads or whatever, there's a change it causes a hitch in the stream. Real annoying.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

:love:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

snodig posted:

Oh look, Caleb sporting a tank top in the back. How surprising.

What the gently caress?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

beep by grandpa posted:

What makes them smug? Duckfist is prob like in my top 3 of cool dudes I'd want to grab a beer with at AGDQ.

(#1 is RWhiteGoose of course)

Goose was the dude that did Goldeneye 2P1C with Alex Anderson at SGDQ, right? That dude is a true bro.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Put this in the OP.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Could someone explain to me AGDQ's obsession with Super Metroid? I have heard that it's a good game for speedrunning, but centering the entire event(At least the donation system) around it every time seems really weird to me, especially since at this point all runs of it feel very similiar to each other(as a spectator), and it mostly comes down to small mistakes/lucky frame hits.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I know Blueglass is kinda short but goddamn

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Right click > set as desktop background > tiled

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

beep by grandpa posted:

dkc tropical freeze
uncharted
boshy
super mario bros 2 (jpn)
dkc2
sonic heroes

Gimmick
Battletoads

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Eonwe posted:

caleb has anger issues

when he isn't constantly pimping out donations to get more donations he is a baller MMX runner, but he loses his poo poo a bunch

didn't he get SWAT'd live on stream once and then when the cops are in his room making sure she isn't committing crimes a donation from "gently caress COPS" appears on his screen

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

this owns

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

Negronomicon posted:

no seriously. Dude has serious hgh gut. he clearly does steroids

Natty or Not: Twitch Streamers Edition

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

oatgan posted:

didn't he get SWAT'd live on stream once

yes and he had a hard time deciding whether or not to stop playing or not lol

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

beep by grandpa posted:

dkc tropical freeze
uncharted
boshy
super mario bros 2 (jpn)
dkc2
sonic heroes

I'd add Whizz but otherwise spot on, unless some of the nighttime stuff has been great and I don't know.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Broken Cog posted:

Could someone explain to me AGDQ's obsession with Super Metroid? I have heard that it's a good game for speedrunning, but centering the entire event(At least the donation system) around it every time seems really weird to me, especially since at this point all runs of it feel very similiar to each other(as a spectator), and it mostly comes down to small mistakes/lucky frame hits.

Super Metroid is one of the classic speed running games, pretty much the entire speed running community loves it and it's super popular. Save/Kill the Animals has been an ongoing running joke for the last several years because it's very popular with the viewers as well.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

RyokoTK posted:

Goose was the dude that did Goldeneye 2P1C with Alex Anderson at SGDQ, right? That dude is a true bro.

yes, he has the coolest jacket and is cool

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

The games are pretty much made for speed running (recording your time and items found at the end) so I imagine people like to run it. It's also a GDQ tradition at this point, with the Save/Kill the Animals thing probably being the biggest bid war of the whole marathon.

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015

Mr E posted:

yes, he has the coolest jacket and is cool

Come on baby! You got this baby!

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Rorus Raz posted:

The games are pretty much made for speed running (recording your time and items found at the end) so I imagine people like to run it. It's also a GDQ tradition at this point, with the Save/Kill the Animals thing probably being the biggest bid war of the whole marathon.

I want "Taunt the Animals" to return :colbert:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Leeham721 posted:

Come on baby! You got this baby!

That run was absolutely one of the high points of SGDQ, mostly because of Goose's completely unironic cheerleading.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

Broken Cog posted:

It was a fluke of save/kill the animals taking off. I'm sure it would be there every year regardless, but it's become a tremendous money maker.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
There is someone behind the couch wearing a fedora.

Why?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

beep by grandpa posted:

What makes them smug?

I dunno just the whole drop 20 frames sin thing.
Don't get a 5 up though if you do that you're out of the club.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

RyokoTK posted:

Super Metroid is one of the classic speed running games, pretty much the entire speed running community loves it and it's super popular. Save/Kill the Animals has been an ongoing running joke for the last several years because it's very popular with the viewers as well.

Ah, I see. I just found it strange, as it seems to me at this point the most time-efficient way to do each area has pretty much been found, so I find watching it kinda boring since every run is so similiar to each other. Ah well, if people enjoy it I can't blame them.

Edit: How long does it usually take from a new game is released until it's being run on AGDQ?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

funmanguy posted:

Why?
It's not a marathon without at least one fedora dude.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

funmanguy posted:

Why?

two of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Broken Cog posted:

Ah, I see. I just found it strange, as it seems to me at this point the most time-efficient way to do each area has pretty much been found, so I find watching it kinda boring since every run is so similiar to each other. Ah well, if people enjoy it I can't blame them.

Not every run has to be new every marathon. I really enjoy stuff like Super Metroid or Mario 3 every time.

• Locked thread