Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

ElGroucho posted:

No, I just made it up, but I feel like I missed my calling

Is there still time to be a sub-average EU writer?

Marvel is restarting a bunch of Star Wars comics so still plenty of chances for bad writing glory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

happyhippy posted:

Flapping around gently in the bacta tank.
Leia admiring how big it is.
Han saying the tank glass magnifies things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7IDByqnP1A

Gross. Luke totally banged his sister. It's true. Check out Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I want to submit an 7 part epic about the trash droid and his Wacky and Very Important adventures

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Just waiting for someone to edit the kitchen scene to change the knives to lightsabers.

No, the lightbulb from the fight scene with Mad Dog in the first film.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

ElGroucho posted:

Thank christ

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Any of the high-level Imperials ever try to assassinate the emperor by bombing a meeting like those dudes did with Hitler?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
loving star war names, man. General Loathsome? Grievous? Bane? loving hell man, it's like Lucas isn't even trying.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

Any of the high-level Imperials ever try to assassinate the emperor by bombing a meeting like those dudes did with Hitler?

Wookiepedia posted:

In fact, Grand Moff Obrevian had hired a detachment of Greedion smuggler-pirates to intercept the Emperor's transport, while he was being transported between capital ships. Vader found out about the plan while torturing the head of an illegal snorblax fighting ring. As this interfered with his plans for Kevoan Smolder, he personally lead a squad of interceptors to destroy the pirates before they could carry out their mission.

Vader used the secret Sith Art of Martil to place Grand Moff Obrevian in to a catatonic state until he could properly put him to use.

Whoa, this poo poo is too easy. People got paid for this dogshit?

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

PostNouveau posted:

Twice

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost_Prison_incident

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Anti-Sith_conspiracy

Neither ended well.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

TheKingslayer posted:

A big part of me wishes the new canon wouldn't do anything with Boba Fett other than put in an explicit line about him being dead as gently caress. The tears would be too good.

gently caress you

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

gently caress you

Im just going to remind you the guy died from wacky slapstick action.

He basically slipped on a banana peel and fell off a bridge while chasing the road runner.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
boba fett lived tho

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

boba fett lived tho

Also when he survived being in the vagina, he made it out, fell in again, made it out, fell in a third time before finally getting out and leaving. He is a giant bumbling doofus. hth

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

gently caress you

This made me wonder if there is a Darth a similar sounding name. I don't doubt it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Wanna hear more about snorblax fighting

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

TheKingslayer posted:

This made me wonder if there is a Darth a similar sounding name. I don't doubt it.

Darth Darth

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the expanded universe is like that bit at the end of animal house where they tell you everything that happened to the guys in the future, except its that but if animal house did that for every prop and background character in the entire movie.

beer can #4 (not to be confused with crushed beer can #4 or flattened beer can #4) went on to become a feared and respected bounty hunter before uncovering its latent force potential, which it used to fling itself at the faces of its targets. it was killed when it fell into the sarlac fighting a clone of darth vader.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gammatron 64 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7IDByqnP1A

Gross. Luke totally banged his sister. It's true. Check out Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

I can see why it was cut and it wasn't because of incest.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

oohhboy posted:

It's b/c Luke Skywalker is a lovely actor

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Talk about an unnecessary scene, way to go George

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Holy gently caress but those stormtroopers are drawn terribly

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Young Freud posted:

Padme's pretty much the same Kuwaiti girl who saw "Republican Guard soldiers throwing infants out of incubators" who not only turned out to have never been in Kuwait for years but was also a member of the Kuwaiti Royal Family.

This girl is a professor of political science now, and also smoking hot

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

ElGroucho posted:

ElGroucho posted:

Whoa, this poo poo is too easy. People got paid for this dogshit?

Please don't make up EU stuff in this thread if it isn't really published, the real writing is bad enough and when I read something here I want to know that some moron actually published it somewhere.

Edit: Also

muscles like this? posted:

Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian and Cecep Arif Rahman

HOLY poo poo

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Holy gently caress but those stormtroopers are drawn terribly

ah right moff oven mitt hammer pants is fine but the floaty ballerina stormtroopers with 20 inch waists are hosed up

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Aesop Poprock posted:

ah right moff oven mitt hammer pants is fine but the floaty ballerina stormtroopers with 20 inch waists are hosed up

Tge pants are to distract from his hosed up tiny head. Fuckers like 15 heads tall.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Natch.

Let's see, what other storylines would I write if I were a total loving hack.

Was there ever a Rashoman-style story where it turned out in the end the differences in people's memories were from someone using the force to cloud their thoughts?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Holy poo poo, not only Rama, but Mad Dog and The Assassin. This could actually be a good movie. Those guys basically do their own choreography and stuff too so it should be really hard for Abrams to gently caress this up.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When you PG-13 that poo poo you get dance fighting found in the prequels. I would be far more optimistic if they hired sword masters if you're going to use lightsabres because of course lightsabers.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

oohhboy posted:

When you PG-13 that poo poo you get dance fighting found in the prequels. I would be far more optimistic if they hired sword masters if you're going to use lightsabres because of course lightsabers.

I just don't get how we went from the original series, where the wielders of these very dangerous weapons treated them like, "Yo, touching this thing would be a terrible loving idea" to flipping around and swinging that thing like a nerf stick

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

ElGroucho posted:

I just don't get how we went from the original series, where the wielders of these very dangerous weapons treated them like, "Yo, touching this thing would be a terrible loving idea" to flipping around and swinging that thing like a nerf stick

"Because it looks cool!"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ElGroucho posted:

George discovered anime

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Liam Neeson did his fight scenes in Rob Roy and that final duel was amazing so I'm sure he'll be great as a Jedi in Phantom Menace!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

George discovered anime

Don't insult anime like that.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Behead those who insult Anime.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

oohhboy posted:

yeah it's pretty painfully awkward

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

burritolingus posted:

Behead those who insult Anime.

ALLAHU GOKU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Gammatron 64 posted:

yeah it's pretty painfully awkward

Yeah i lasted like 10 seconds before i said nope

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

''Anime was a mistake'' -Hayao Miyazaki

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Somehow missed the Boba Fett talk.

Boba's deal was that he outsmarted Han Solo. Han does his clever trick where he pretends to be trash and it fools the Empire and everybody else but not Boba. Boba figures out where he will go, gets there first (bringing Vader along), catches Han and takes him away. Han was just about everyone's favorite character and Boba was a step ahead of him. He has cool armor and a jetpack and doesn't say a whole lot.

Jedi totally punks Boba but there was a good wait between Empire and Jedi for hype to build up around this character people didn't know all that much about other than that he bested just about the slickest dude in the galaxy.

I would love for him to stay dead but the problem with that is that there is no closure with his death. It was mishandled. The ball was dropped.

burritolingus fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
people that dont get why boba fett is cool are just dumb or willfully ignorant because theyre annoyed that eu revived him

• Locked thread