Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Rorus Raz posted:

It's not a marathon without at least one fedora dude.

God, there are two of them, one of the hats is black. Im such a nerd but I hate so many nerds for being too nerdy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Cubey posted:

I know Blueglass is kinda short but goddamn

I checked out his twitter:

Dude is loving massive.

Neron
Jan 14, 2008

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

RyokoTK posted:

That run was absolutely one of the high points of SGDQ, mostly because of Goose's completely unironic cheerleading.

Yeah, basically this. He's such a bro and not in a bad way.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

funmanguy posted:

There is someone behind the couch wearing a fedora.

Why?

they're nerds this is a nerd marathon why is this a question

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this isn't big jon but he seems to be enjoying himself and the commentary is solid so it's about as good as we can hope for without big jon

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

snodig posted:

Dude is loving massive.

holy gently caress

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

snodig posted:

Dude is loving massive.

Holy gently caress. I thought he was fat when he was on stream.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
See, you can be swole and chill, Caleb.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

flatluigi posted:

There's also been a few dozen lovely posters who don't understand things like opting for slightly safer strategies for a marathon run, having to do a trick more than once, or just having bad luck in general + it's really grating

The Mario Kart Wii run was chock full of this and I felt really bad for the guy running it. He clearly knew a ton of poo poo about the game and all kinds of shortcuts but that game is just NOT marathon safe, MK Wii is a goddamn mess. I think AGDQ would benefit from certain games like F-Zero or Mario Kart just having "glitch showcases" rather than full runs, for everyone's sake.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
Props to the couch team being interested and invested in the run, explaining the mechanics behind things and not being monotone and boring.

Big Jon gave AGDQ some charisma, and I really hope they can keep up the pace.

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015

RyokoTK posted:

Holy gently caress. I thought he was fat when he was on stream.

Bit of both, like Daniel Cormier.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

snodig posted:

Dude is loving massive.

He's like a Rob Liefeld drawing come to life :psyduck:

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

funmanguy posted:

There is someone behind the couch wearing a fedora.

Why?

He needed something to go with his facial hair and necklace.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Leeham721 posted:

Bit of both, like Daniel Cormier.

Not really

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Smb 3 is really fun. I think I've seen a SMW run before but I'm still excited.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm trying to remember things from SGDQ and all I can remember is the one guy playing flash games in a browser and the people behind him making fun of him and the game the entire time

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Cubey posted:

I know Blueglass is kinda short but goddamn

It's more than Big Jon is like 6'5 or something

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

Edit: How long does it usually take from a new game is released until it's being run on AGDQ?

It really all depends on how quick it takes to develop a fast and interesting strategy for it. Pikmin 3 went on AGDQ 2014 as the headliner, and it was only like...five months old or so at the time?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

nerdbot posted:

I think AGDQ would benefit from certain games like F-Zero or Mario Kart just having "glitch showcases" rather than full runs, for everyone's sake.

But that's what they did for Rayman Legends and it's probably the worst run yet.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

But that's what they did for Rayman Legends and it's probably the worst run yet.

...Valid point.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Gamma Nerd posted:

It's more than Big Jon is like 6'5 or something

that was my point. i hadn't seen big john in relation to other people before and i couldn't really tell how tall he was when he was playing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
most importantly, he seems like a cuddler, that big jon

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Quest For Glory II posted:

i'm trying to remember things from SGDQ and all I can remember is the one guy playing flash games in a browser and the people behind him making fun of him and the game the entire time

It was a fan game that he made and it was hilariously cringe.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Was that the guy with the snake clone thing

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Rayman Legends wasn't even a run, was it? I think he just demoed a few time trial levels and that's it. It'd have fit good in a bonus stream but during the actual marathon it was bad.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I Ship It

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
That suave guy leaning on the couch is trying to seduce me with his licking of his wrist.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
mario 3 is cool and good

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Harlock posted:

Was that the guy with the snake clone thing
Yeah it was like you had to stretch from one point in the level through a maze of walls and then after collecting everything, go back to the entrance. The small crowd that was there was poking fun at how bad the game was and the run the entire time.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Cubey posted:

that was my point. i hadn't seen big john in relation to other people before and i couldn't really tell how tall he was when he was playing.

Yeah, assuming the doorframe in that pic is the normal height of 6'8, the top of his head is just a bit lower than that, so 6'5 is a good guess.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Why isn't Big J and Blueglass in the OP yet?

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

snodig posted:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

SatansBestBuddy posted:

That wasn't a glitch run, but rather a bunch of awkward IL runs to show techs that would be better explained in an actual run.

As Sonic Heroes showed, glitches can be fun as hell to show off. The problem is that such segments wouldn't last very long and thus tend to be bonuses thrown in at the end of a run if they have some extra time.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

snodig posted:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Eonwe posted:

most importantly, he seems like a cuddler, that big jon

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Lessail posted:

mario 3 is cool and good

Im kind of glad they forbid using the whistle :unsmith:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rorus Raz posted:

As Sonic Heroes showed, glitches can be fun as hell to show off. The problem is that such segments wouldn't last very long and thus tend to be bonuses thrown in at the end of a run if they have some extra time.

I'm just pointing out that the solution to the problem isn't to give them their own segments.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Wow he got the 7-1 skip really quickly, which is good because it's stymied GDQ for like a year and a half now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Jeez Caleb

• Locked thread