Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Im glad he explained what a star does in a mario game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
um so as you can see i got a star.. i can move significantly faster with it...... i kill any enemy i touch with it.......

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Lessail posted:

this commentary is killing any potential this run may have had

Lack of commentary. It seems like the best guys could talk and play at the same time, but talk not so much about game mechanics but can just BS around and seem like they enjoy the game they are playing.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Negronomicon posted:

yo. how is this run not hype when our lord/savior hipster jesus is at the helm.

you've probably never heard of him, though

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
I don't normally tell people the right and wrong way to play games, but this is the wrong way to play this game.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

Carados posted:

I don't normally tell people the right and wrong way to play games, but this is the wrong way to play this game.

There's a serious lack of energy compared to the entire previous block.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Compared to the previous runs, it's jarring how slow and generic the New SMB games are.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Get Innocuous! posted:

There's a serious lack of energy compared to the entire previous block.

This is still part of the Mario block.

I'm sorry.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
He's no Big John. Let's leave it at that.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

is there really a donation incentive for noobest doing dark souls

after

what happened the last time

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Mr E posted:

Time to catch up to runs I missed during the night, which runs should I watch that happened after about 12:30 central?

Boshy, Super Mario 2 Japanese, last ten minutes of Super Mario 3, Super Mario World and Kaizo Mario

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

is there really a donation incentive for noobest doing dark souls

after

what happened the last time

what happened last time?

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

argondamn posted:

This is still part of the Mario block.

I'm sorry.

:negative:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

CJ posted:

There seem to be a lot more women in the audience this year. Looks like the Anita Sarkeesian naysayers have been proven wrong.

women like guys who are fast :q:

Bear Sleuth
Jul 17, 2011

Lessail posted:

this commentary is killing any potential this run may have had

*jumps in a big cannon labeled World 5*
"This is the cannon that takes me to World 5"

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's kinda hard to make this game exciting because it's so anemic

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Brother Entropy posted:

what happened last time?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlEFrs-m2PE

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The only thing I thought might make the FE run interesting was seeing how a man works his way around the fickle whims of the RNG. I completely forgot about bonus exp giving you away around all of that though, so its probably going to just be very by the numbers AI exploits.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

it's kinda hard to make this game exciting because it's so anemic

Have more than one person playing and it would be really interesting due to all the crazy shenanigans you can do with another body to jump off.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

CJ posted:

There seem to be a lot more women in the audience this year. Looks like the Anita Sarkeesian naysayers have been proven wrong.

AGDQ is really about ethics in game speedrunning

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

MrBims posted:

Boshy, Super Mario 2 Japanese, last ten minutes of Super Mario 3, Super Mario World and Kaizo Mario

I watched all those live, I meant anything between Perspective and Castlevania III.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

If there is one thing that this particular run isn't, it is HYPE

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

"If I lose the propeller I have to go back for it; it's just faster."

[loses propeller]

"So I'm just going to continue because going back is longer. Now for a two minute, skippable if I had the hat, autoscroller."

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
You know what I'm doing? I'm rewatching Big John. you guys should too.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Someone quote one of the "list of good runs" posts for people who are wanting to watch some better poo poo than a loving JRPG run.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Don't expect sub 2:30 without Kotti there to provide advice.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Hahahahhaaha

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
i was hoping i could do something entertaining for this auto scrolling level... but it's pretty hard and died a lot... so i'm not going to do anything fun on this.... sorry.....

feel free to read some donations......

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I forgot about that, it was terrible

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Mercy kill this runner.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
He's not very good at New Super Mario Brothers because New Super Mario Brothers never requires you to be good at New Super Mario Brothers.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nipplebox posted:

Compared to the previous runs, it's jarring how slow and generic the New SMB games are.

It's because this game was designed in mind for 4 people running around together, so all of the levels are wide open and empty. The game has terrible level designs.

Bear Sleuth
Jul 17, 2011

Mario Wii is such an odd choice for a hill to die upon.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
NSMB U or even Luigi U again would have been good choices. Or maybe even something like a speed play of the NSMB U challenges. This game just isn't very interesting, at least in comparison to the previous few games. Kinda feel bad for the runner having to follow all that.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
The NSMB games are just bad and boring in general tbh

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

13/f/cali posted:

NSMB U or even Luigi U again would have been good choices. Or maybe even something like a speed play of the NSMB U challenges. This game just isn't very interesting, at least in comparison to the previous few games. Kinda feel bad for the runner having to follow all that.

NSMBU and Luigi U were at SGDQ '14 and they were also loving boring because NSMB is loving boring.

It might be interesting to see a speed run with someone spawning Boost Blocks so you could see some crazy routing, but :effort:

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
This game is interesting, if you have three other players dicking you over constantly.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

dpbjinc posted:

This game is interesting, if you have three other players dicking you over constantly.

NSMB as run by the Freelance Astronauts.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gamma Nerd posted:

The NSMB games are just bad and boring in general tbh

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pseudoscorpion posted:

NSMB as run by the Freelance Astronauts.

Or Tipping 40s in their prime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

NSMB strikes me as a series that would benefit greatly from multiplayer strats in speedruns.

• Locked thread