Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

poo poo, it does that here in Southeast Michigan. We call 'em sunshowers.

At least you don't call it the devil beating his wife.

For content, thought I'd repost this local favorite:

Lazy_Liberal has a new favorite as of 04:41 on Jan 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

poo poo, it does that here in Southeast Michigan. We call 'em sunshowers.
That's just because we have so many Florida snowbirds here. Coupla sunshowers stow away in some luggage, next thing you know the place is lousy with 'em.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
That happens in the California Bay Area too. It's almost as if it happens everywhere and this is retarded.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Lazy_Liberal posted:

I call it exactly this

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Hirayuki posted:

That's just because we have so many Florida snowbirds here. Coupla sunshowers stow away in some luggage, next thing you know the place is lousy with 'em.

God, the sunshower-control fees are ridiculous here in the Midwest. Check your goddamn luggage before you head back or you're liable to get soaking wet without warning one day while you're mowing your lawn while your dry neighbors all stare at you.

Also yo Florida you can keep your oh-so-endangered scrub jays too, they sound like a smoke detector hosed a 1980's lasergun toy and then hosed the degenerate offspring resulting from that hookup. No loving wonder they're endangered:

"Oh this habitat is home to some of the last remaining Florida scrub jays in the state; they are so wonderful"

"weeoooooeewwoowowwwwooooooo beeeeepbeeeeepbeeeep wooooonwoooooonwoooooon pewpewpewpewpewpewpew HOOOOOOOOONNNNNKKK PEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW"

"Do you need a permit to use a firearm in this state?"

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Let me tell you about the zany weather where I live.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
My weather can beat up your weather.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Zonekeeper posted:

Don't forget "Liquid Sunshine". There are people who don't believe me when I say I've seen it rain while the sun was out.

I saw that once as a kid near Sacramento and a tornado followed right after.
An old favorite:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

veedubfreak posted:

gently caress the Gulf Coast.

BP already tried that.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Soulex posted:

I call it exactly this

I do too, it's way too cool to let it go by the wayside. I usually call it rain but if anyone asks, it's the Devil beating his wife.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Growing up in the semi-rural outskirts of Hampton Roads, I actually managed to get sweltering Florida summers and fuckoff cold Michigan winters every year , and got used to both of em.

Basically, you're states suck, and Virginia has a loving retarded weather pattern that breeds hardy dwarves.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

BP already tried that.
Spraying its black jizz all over the place and didn't even bother to clean up afterwards.

Lazy_Liberal posted:

For content, thought I'd repost this local favorite:

Speaking of religious smackdowns:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FinalGamer posted:

Oh are we just going to be stupid now and explain jokes?

Okay can someone explain this to me please

Sherlock holmes was recently arrested for smoking massive blunts in Tokyo, he's getting deported and Nintendo, the best in interactive media journalism, is covering the debacle.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

You know what they say about the weather in [American city]. If you don't like it, wait an hour and the weather will change.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

BgRdMchne posted:

You know what they say about the weather in [American city]. If you don't like it, wait an hour and the weather will change.

This was originally said by Mark Twain about New England, and it's true. :colbert:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

trapped mouse posted:

This was originally said by Mark Twain about New England, and it's true. :colbert:

Punch, brothers, punch with care
Punch in the presence of the passenjare

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Life was too ruff for him.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Florida has weird weather, is pretty hot sometimes, has horrible politicians, and nowhere more than 30 minutes from a coast besides Orlando is worth a drat but on the upside everywhere you go near the coast looks like a destination vacation postcard. Anyway thanks for reading

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Koromaru?

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

Finally tiny dogs have realized their place in the cycle of violence and oppression in America, and their answer is "No."

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I too, live in a place with weather. Sometimes that weather can be a bit strange! How wild! Do you guys live in a place with weather that is also occasionally note worthy?

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

kannonfodder posted:

I too, live in a place with weather. Sometimes that weather can be a bit strange! How wild! Do you guys live in a place with weather that is also occasionally note worthy?

Hurricane Katrina and NOLA's weather took my area's Bad Hurricane crown :( we even got local news special VHS releases commemorating the 'flood of the century'

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
"Okay, so this year how about we do Grimm's fairy tales, but its like The Avengers!"
"That sounds radical, what should we call it?"

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

mrkillboy posted:

"Okay, so this year how about we do Grimm's fairy tales, but its like The Avengers!"

I don't even need to look it up to know that's an Asylum film.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

mrkillboy posted:

The idea of Casper Van Dien and Lou Ferrigno playing fairy tale super heroes sounds really great to me. :(

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

RatHat posted:

Life was too ruff for him.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

mrkillboy posted:

Oh come on, Grimm Avengers is clearly the better title. :colbert:

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh come on, Grimm Avengers is clearly the better title. :colbert:

Yeah, but then it wouldn't be put in the "A" section, where it would be several more times as likely to be confused with the "actual Avengers".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's still the one I think everyone's always fapping over, and I'm like "WTF, really?"

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

mrkillboy posted:

These types of off-brand low-budget movies confuse me. Who is watching them exactly? Serious question

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

TheBigAristotle posted:

These types of off-brand low-budget movies confuse me. Who is watching them exactly? Serious question

Get a bunch of friends together, buy some beer, and rent a stack of them. Makes for a hella fun night.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

TheBigAristotle posted:

I think it is mostly grandmas who want to buy movies for their grandkids but will never know the difference between Transformers and Transmorphers.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Its like when you type in google and end up a letter off yet it still takes you to a website that capitalizes and maintains itself on that specific spelling mistake

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

TheBigAristotle posted:

The Asylum took off when Blockbuster accidentally ordered a bunch of copies of TORNADO instead of TWISTER. Blockbuster noticed that people still rented TORNADO in droves, but that copies of Asylum movies were like a quarter of the cost of big Hollywood movies, so they started buying whatever they could from Asylum.

Nowadays, with Blockbuster dead, their films are mostly watched by people looking for ironic knockoff silliness, or people who want to know why this Sherlock Holmes movie has a T-rex on the front, or people too dumb to realize that Transmorphers isn't the big Hollywood film.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

TheBigAristotle posted:

Because money! Certain films when made to flop can have tax incentives that actually create profit. Look up Uwe Boll and taxes.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

shipwrek posted:

Because money! Certain films when made to flop can have tax incentives that actually create profit. Look up Uwe Boll and taxes.

The Asylum isn't exploiting tax loopholes, they're exploiting "having an incredibly low budget".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Just Offscreen posted:

Yeah, but then it wouldn't be put in the "A" section, where it would be several more times as likely to be confused with the "actual Avengers".
But i-

tha

doesn-soun-any-make-the-gently caress-you-FUCKIGNARRHRHFFFJFJMV

• Locked thread