Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I mean the Young Bucks gimmick is basically "We're in the Kliq but not really" so what does Billy Gunn expect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

If someone tried to explain to me how some tag team would have the most meta-gimmick in the world where even their matches served as a commentary on the indie love of the superkick, I'd say that is dumb as hell.

And yet, I love the Young Bucks. Suck it, Billy rear end.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
seriously the Young Bucks are the best metatextual analysis of professional wrestling since Roland Barthes

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Tazz on his new podcast says it is a double standard that if WWE and TNA did the Bullet Club - an NWO rip off. Fans would rip them. Some people don't entirely get it.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
I hope if they go through with this, they keep the speech verbatim, even referring to themselves as "THE ROAD DOGG JESSE JAMES! THE BAD rear end BILLY GUNN!!"

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Two Beans posted:

I hope if they go through with this, they keep the speech verbatim, even referring to themselves as "THE ROAD DOGG JESSE JAMES! THE BAD rear end BILLY GUNN!!"

What you don't want to hear about how the Bullet Club proudly brings to you the 17 Time TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOORLD?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I just put two and two together with Minoru Suzuki's twitter account. He literally gave himself the Will of D (@Suzuki_D_Minoru) in his handle because he loves One Piece so much. MiSu is the man. :allears:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
A series worthy of Admiration

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
He even made an appearance in a filler episode.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Draga posted:

He even made an appearance in a filler episode.

"Kaze ni nare!"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

dsriggs posted:

"Kaze ni nare!"

I love how they even animated his crazy haircut.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Tazz on his new podcast says it is a double standard that if WWE and TNA did the Bullet Club - an NWO rip off. Fans would rip them. Some people don't entirely get it.

keep in mind that Tazz's brain was essentially pudding by the time he got to ECW and hasn't fared well since then.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

It leaked out and that's why he became orange.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

It leaked out and that's why he became orange.

So Butterscotch flavor, then?

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I love how they even animated his crazy haircut.

Pretty sure his haircut's inspired by One Piece too

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Tarodia posted:

Pretty sure his haircut's inspired by One Piece too

This is so awesome. I don't know much about Japanese wrestlers but this dude owns.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Missy Hyatt is or was livetweeting Total Divas. Spoiler: she doesn't like it.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Skeezy posted:

This is so awesome. I don't know much about Japanese wrestlers but this dude owns.

Oh. Then do I have a series of matches of Suzuki vs. a robot mummy to show you.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Capsaicin posted:

Please please link me to everything and everything involving this dude. I've been meaning to get into NJPW and all that.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Capsaicin posted:

I like that this could either be describing wrestling or One Piece.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Skeezy posted:

Please please link me to everything and everything involving this dude. I've been meaning to get into NJPW and all that.

MiSu is the best. He was the guy that really got me into NJPW.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Skeezy posted:

I'm not sure how to find it, but Bryan Alvarez a year or so ago did a podcast reviewing five totally different MiSu matches ranging from his fight with the Mecha Mummy to his five star classic with Tanahashi at King of Pro Wrestling 2012 to show his amazing range and unique talent set.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

I'm not sure how to find it, but Bryan Alvarez a year or so ago did a podcast reviewing five totally different MiSu matches ranging from his fight with the Mecha Mummy to his five star classic with Tanahashi at King of Pro Wrestling 2012 to show his amazing range and unique talent set.

I'm not even sure who you would compare to MiSu as his U.S. equivalent. I mean, some puro stars you can do that with....Him, I'd be at a loss.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
The two best matches I have ever seen, bar none.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O5y2iVqCfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuXEw3OldLI

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
http://instagram.com/p/xkyHg7OU5k/

Seth Rollins lifts a big thing and I don't know how to make gifs.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

A little backstory about these matches. Minoru Suzuki is about as legit badass as you'll find in puro today (which is already full of legit badasses). The guy was a co-founder of Pancrase, and his nickname is "Sekaiichi Seikaku no Warui Otoko", which translates into "The Man with the Worst Personality in the World". He generally abuses and beats up the young boys/trainers around the ring before and after his matches. He's just a mean, tough dude who really only smiles and has fun when he's actively hurting people.

And then he's booked against Mecha Mummy. Mecha Mummy, as you can probably assume, is a robot mummy. Mecha Mummy really wants to fight against Suzuki, who just ignores him (as you can see in the first video).

Simply put, this is the best rivalry I've ever seen in pro graps.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

I need to find this podcast, and I need to find this now.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I need to find this podcast, and I need to find this now.

You're looking for this episode. It's good poo poo.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

wrong thread

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Solomonic posted:

You're looking for this episode. It's good poo poo.

If NJPW really takes off in the states, we need a shoot interview with Bryan and Vinny (with probably a translator) with MiSu. Bryan never sounds as excited about wrestling as he does when he talks about Minoru Suzuki.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/BullDempseyWWE/status/551946334023217152
Hey for a lovely developmental wrestler Bull Dempsey has good tastes

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

If NJPW really takes off in the states, we need a shoot interview with Bryan and Vinny (with probably a translator) with MiSu. Bryan never sounds as excited about wrestling as he does when he talks about Minoru Suzuki.

He asked DBS Jr a bunch of Suzuki questions on Figure 4 Daily a couple years ago, the highlight of which is that Minoru legit hates to lock up.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
https://twitter.com/NatbyNature/status/553431970123104258

"sagoy"

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Nattie is so kuway

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I don't now what sagoy means. Can somebody get JR and Striker to translate?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

That there Canadian accent, eh.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/taguchiryusuke/status/553399575973597185

:japan:

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

I love the young bucks.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

MrBling posted:

I love the young bucks.

Little did you know he pronounced if "jiff"...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

it is pronounced "dot jiff"